Cleveland Cavaliers - Wine & Gold bby

Remove this Banner Ad

Call me salty but i blame the refs for Garland's injury, they let the raptors get away with murder on him and Allen (and the hit to Wade's head that comically wasn't reviewed for flagrant) and it was always gonna lead to something bad. Very very frustrating first game, felt overall we played well

At this point Okoro is just Tony Snell without the ability to hit an occasional 3. Can they please start Wade until DG is back? LeVert defended Derozan just as well if not better than Okoro today

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If this team is to do anything in the playoffs Koby has to add wing shooting at the deadline. Doesn't even need to be 3 and D players, just guys that can shoot consistently and not be a total train wreck on defense. No other team in the league has 3 players on court being left wide open in the corners all game, most teams run plays to generate those looks this team gets given them as a form of defense. They probably would have beaten the Nets today if Okoro, Mobley and Stevens werent bricking every WIDE open corner 3 or just flat out turning them down.

26-15 at the half way mark, on track for 52 wins. Can't complain with that.
I still feel in order to win a playoff series we need improved shooting on the wings and maybe even better coaching, i worry our offense will be very easily shut down in a series.
Rubio back any game now will be nice. Neto has played very well every time he has taken the court and should have been used much more during Rubio's absence

First time in a while we havent done a fun trade deadline move, I guess thats what happens when you trade for a 3 time All Star in the off-season.

Apparently we tried hard to get Royce O'Neale but the Nets wanted more than what they gave up to get him prior to the season and we just couldnt afford it, at the end of the day he is a role player and shouldn't be worth more than a protected first anyways. We need Wade to stay healthy as we are very deficient for shooters and also a back up big man.
We also were interested in Cam Johnson. Cam Johnson is the dream, no clue how they thought they could get that done but lets hope for a Jarrett Allen type scenario with him in the future..

Kevin Love kicked out of the rotation, better late than never I suppose.

Mobley and Okoro taking big steps offensively the past month has been enjoyable, Okoro has really looked like a completely different player to the one that couldn't even dribble the ball for the first few week of the season

Neto always plays well when given the chance, I hope he is our 3rd string pg for a few years yet. Hard not to love the guy when he plays such tough defense.

Hopefully we can work out a sign and trade for LeVert in the off season to bring in better fit, with a healthy RUbio and Mitchell added he just isnt the need he was last season. He should also realise he is actually a decent spot up shooter and awful mid range shooter so fix the shot selection. He tries hard and plays defense at least.

Everyone seems to play defense apart from Love really.

Well 17 games left, we have by far the easiest schedule left of any team.. Should avoid the play in and fight for home court advantage.
The lack of shooting on the roster is what will undo this team this season and I am still a bit disappointed we didnt address it at the deadline.
We lose to the best teams because they just knock down the open 3's we continually miss.
I believe we haven't lost a game by 20 points or more in well over a season now so at least they're competitive even when they play bad

The bs games vs the Heat/76ers where we always get screwed by the refs are out of the way, 10 games left up 2 in the loss column on Knicks/Nets. Need to hold onto 4th to get home court and avoid Philly in the first round
We have the easiest schedule left based on win %, we dont play a team with a better record than us but we desperately need to beat the Knicks and Nets who we play a combined 3 times.

Today's win makes it basically impossible to miss playoffs.
The team has all the markers of an elite team where you should be contending for a championship but my expectation is still just to make it to the 2nd round.
The team is 19 games above .500 which is something the team didnt do in LeBron's final season.
Cavs are way ahead of schedule but I will not get carried away this season because Garland and Mobley still have to go through some playoff adversity

Remove this Banner Ad

Back