Cleveland Cavaliers - Wine & Gold bby

Remove this Banner Ad

Rotation I would like to see:
PG: Garland
SG: Porter (he is ready to start and plays well with Garland)
SF: Cedi
PF: Love (until trade)
C: TT

Bench:
PG: Sexton
SG: Exum (see if he can put it together in Cleveland)
SG: Delly (like 5-10 mins)
PF: Nance
C: Henson

Obviously have to manage mins so KP can play some SF when Cedi is out of the game. Shame Windler is out, need a SF and McKinnie didn’t take his opportunity

Well once again we slid from pick 2 to pick 5, I think we will target a wing in the draft. Best wing prospects are:

1. Isaac Okoro - could be similar to Jimmy Butler, obviously best case scenario if he turns out to be good.
2. Devin Vasell - similar to Mikal Bridges
3. Deni Avdija - not really sure, seen people compare him to Turkoglu
4. Aaron Nesmith - pure shooter similar to Wayne Ellington

other options are bigs like Okongwu and Toppin

time to watch a lot of vision on those guys, get attached to one and become disappointed when we pass on them.

I mentioned to a friend of mine that I'm not overly disappointed we slid to 5th. I didn't want us drafting Edwards or Ball, as I see a future with Sexton and KPJ in our back court.

I have my eyes on 3 players, that at least one or two should still be on the board at our pick. Deni, Obi and Okongwu.

Well once again we slid from pick 2 to pick 5, I think we will target a wing in the draft. Best wing prospects are:

1. Isaac Okoro - could be similar to Jimmy Butler, obviously best case scenario if he turns out to be good.

time to watch a lot of vision on those guys, get attached to one and become disappointed when we pass on them.
While the cavs won't probably draft him I like this guys huge jump from fresh to soph statistically. His profile and game looks great for what you're after in a shooting prospect.

While the cavs won't probably draft him I like this guys huge jump from fresh to soph statistically. His profile and game looks great for what you're after in a shooting prospect.
He was teammates with Garland last year. I really like him, his jump shot is perfect, I think he could be a good defender too.

I mentioned to a friend of mine that I'm not overly disappointed we slid to 5th. I didn't want us drafting Edwards or Ball, as I see a future with Sexton and KPJ in our back court.

I have my eyes on 3 players, that at least one or two should still be on the board at our pick. Deni, Obi and Okongwu.
I think we badly need someone who can defend so I’m not keen on Toppin

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We did go the number 1 wing prospect which was a pretty obvious need.
I really liked watching Okoro earlier in the year so I'm good with the pick even if it was possibly a slight reach. Whether he becomes an all star will depend on his jump shot though, he has everything else

Another solid dub today.

Really liking this team at the moment. Will probably be the most competitive we've been post LeBron since before he was drafted.

Bring Sexton, KPJ and McGee back into the rotation, and with Okoro having an instant impact I could easily see us making a run at the 8th seed if things go right.

I know we lost to the Knicks but I felt we played better today than first two games, we were killing them until the last quarter when we decided to play guys that won’t be on the team the entire quarter..
Drummond looked more engaged, Garland still couldn’t hit a shot but was defending and passing better.
I really hope Okoro can keep up this shooting in reg season because it’s been a surprise to see him confidently knock down 3’s
One more preseason game, I hope we get time into Sexton because he has started seasons slow before ending very strong.
Not sure why Exum didn’t play, probably got hurt given he had a good game.
McGee is expected to play on Sat.

also just a note, Dean Wade deserves playing time. Every time he plays he does well, 6’9, can shoot, defend, rebound etc I kinda hope they trade Nance for a pick and give him back up PF time

Last edited:
I would argue Garland shouldn’t even be in the rotation. I rather Porter/Exum as our pg’s as taller more complimentary players next to Sexton.

What is the use of a player that can’t shoot, can’t pass and is hopeless on defense? Honeymoon period is over for Garland, he needs to earn playing time now.

Yeah Garland made my previous post look stupid but I’m still not at all sold on the pairing. Hornets back court is almost as small and not very talented, see how it goes vs better teams with a proper sized 2 guard not that they really defended Rozier well today (he did put up and hit some junk after we blew them out first half).

Signing Wade to a super cheap non guaranteed 4 yr contract was savvy, I really think he’s an NBA player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back