Cleveland Cavaliers - Wine & Gold bby

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
DDB2972C-E879-4099-8FEE-97C551DF62B8.jpeg

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
It would be nice if they could start knocking down freethrow's and wide open 3's again then some of these games would be the blow out wins we were seeing a month ago.

With Markkanen out for at least a few games I would like to see Windler get some run, he seems to have a nose for the ball which could help the rebounding issue + spaces floor even though he randomly lacks confidence to shoot

Feb 13, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Easily the most fun Ive had being a Cavs fan outside of 2016.

Even in 2016 there was always the stress of having to perform because of it being a LeBron led team. This year we went in with low expectations and we've absolutely blown them out of the water. Its been so fun watching this young team develop.

We have every chance to develop a Warriors type dynasty with a big 3 led my Garland, Mobley and Allen. Id love to add a Lavert type player to this team, and if we can sign Sexton cheap and play him in a 6th man role that would be a best case scenario. A pipe dream would be to somehow land Ingram, but I cant see how we'd pull something like that off.

Either way its a good time to be a Cavs fan.

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Most fun regular season in a long time. The 66-16 team that took pretend photos of themselves was pretty fun too though. The recent LeBron teams were more frustrating than fun during the reg seasons then turned it on in the playoffs.

We need a secondary scorer/playmaker badly as Garland has to do too much atm, Levert is the guy I want too.
Sexton on a smaller contract would be nice but I'm not sure how we get LeVert without giving up Sexton.

I saw we are interested in Kennard, he'd be handy as we are very hard to beat when the 3's are going down but not sure how we make that work with contracts

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
With the LeVert trade it rules us out of going after Gordon, Kennard etc but I think we will still make a cheap trade before the deadline to bring in a shooter. The player being brought up on the twittersphere is Ben Mclemore who is a good 3pt shooter. Windler is useless at this point and could be used or Sexton's disabled player exception.

Is LeVert playing back up pg mins, Rondo and Goodwin good enough as our back up pgs? Probably when DG plays, but its still a concern area when he misses games. Pangos is unplayable

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
DJ Augustin wouldn't be a bad add after he got cut by rockets, feel we need to add another vet pg in case Rondo gets injured. I read in the coming days we will waive Pangos who has signed in Europe, just too small and unathletic for NBA and he didnt shoot it well enough.

What we do with Sexton in the off-season will be interesting

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
I saw some crazy stat that almost 40% of Garland free throw attempts this season have come in the past 10 games, its very pleasing he is finally getting calls. Before this good run with the whistle he was barely averaging 2 attempts a game and he also takes all the tech foul ones so he was basically getting less than one call a game while attempting 10+ paint shots

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Well that was a disappointing end to a surprisingly good season. Not many Eastern Conference teams have won 44 games and not made the playoffs. I think 50 wins is a realistic goal for next season but the East will be very strong again and improvement in young players isn't always linear.

Garland, Mobley, Allen look like a promising trio going forward. Markkanen and LeVert are more than solid NBA players. Honestly Lauri surprised me this season, he looked way more comfortable at SF than when he had to play PF or C.

Now the question is what are we going to do with Sexton, I think having him travel with the team in the second half of the season shows a plan to re-sign him. I expect something like 2yrs 30mil or 2yrs 35mil. I doubt we sign him up for 5 years and I kind of doubt we offer 20mil per season even if only short term.

Pretty obvious we will give Garland a max contract extension.

I am really hoping we find a way to bring back Rubio. Rondo was bad and he shot unsustainable 40% from 3 yet still sucked. Rubio or another good back up pg is a must for the way this team plays. Kemba Walker may be another option but prefer Rubio. Our record without Allen also shows a good back up C wouldn't hurt either.

At the moment we have pick 14, 39 and 58 in the draft, will be interesting to see what we do with them. We don't have a heap of roster spots so the second rounders may be upgraded into a late first or traded for future picks. Obviously we need to draft a wing and preferably one over 6'6 that can shoot.

I suspect Stevens, Wade will both be back next season as solid cheap depth players. I've always felt Wade is a bit underrated and could easily be a genuine rotation player if he idnt turn down open looks so often.
But Windler for some ******* reason is contracted for 4mil, hopefully they trade him.
Cedi's role diminished as the season went on but I think they keep him around, he is on bench warmer money.
I would use Okoro as trade bait if he has any value left.

Rondo, Davis and Goodwin will probably open up roster spots for draft picks/back up pg signing.

Next season will be our final season of paying Kevin Love like an All Star. Thank god.

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
No lottery luck this year but I’ve been reading this draft is fairly even and deep, some people think the 12-18 range is like the 8-10 range of last season it just doesn’t have the elite top tier guys of last season.

The other good news for the cavs is the draft is loaded with wings, the biggest need obviously. There is almost certainly going to be a couple drop to 14 and after the combine quite a few lower ones have measured very well.

Players I think around the mark:

Benedict Mathurin (unlikely)
AJ Griffin (dream target and unlikely but reports he may drop)
Tari Eason (getting very underrated)
Ochai Agbaji
Malakhi Branham
Jalen Williams (big riser due to combine)
Jeremy Sochan
Johnny Davis
Dyson Daniels (unlikely)

These are all wings that could go top 8-20, could be wrong but atm it’s looking like one of these guys at 14 unless opt to take a back up pg for * knows why

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
I LOVE that they are going back to gold but i do not like that shield... should have just dumped that design.
The new jerseys better look amaze because the colour combo has serious potential

Back