Cleveland Cavaliers - Wine & Gold bby

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds like we are getting Bogut, he's such a campaigner but fills a need. Wonder how he fits in with the other vets, sounds like Deron is already good mates with Korver so he should have no trouble

I prefer Bogut to Sanders, purely for the fact he hasn't been out of the sport for almost 2 years. I just hope he can stay fit during playoffs.

The wheel is starting to turn in Cleveland's favour. Gotta give Bogut credit he's made himself relevant time and time again despite being injury cursed. The media have almost painted it like he holds the key to the championship lol.

IMG_1698.JPG

Been waiting since Jan 10 for this

A trade I worked out on ESPN's trade machine that I really like is Varejao's trade exception + McRae and a pick for Deron Williams, once again im not sure if Dallas would be looking to trade Deron but he is the best PG that would possibly be on offer.

Other PG's I like that may be gettable are:
Cole
Chalmers
Knight (12 mil this season probably means we cant get him)

PG's I dont want are:
Rondo
Douglas
Calderon
Hinrich
Burke

Last edited:
Irving/Williams/Liggins/Felder
Smith/Korver/Shumpert
LBJ/RJ/JJ
Love/Frye/Williams
TT/Bogut

Hopefully they do the right thing and waive McRae and keep Williams. Surely they will...

Irving/Williams/Liggins/Felder
Smith/Korver/Shumpert
LBJ/RJ/JJ
Love/Frye/Williams
TT/Bogut

Hopefully they do the right thing and waive McRae and keep Williams. Surely they will...
That is the most stacked team i've seen, the warriors have more top end talent but we run a lot deeper. I'm really interested to see the rotations, i get the feeling they are gonna vary a lot on match ups as there simply isnt enough mins to go around.

This adds up 261 when there is only 240 mins to be allocated and I feel i dogged a few players of mins (Frye, Derrick, Love)
Kyrie - 35mins, Deron - 15mins
JR - 25mins, Korver - 28mins, Shump - 15mins
Lebron - 38mins, RJ - 15mins, Williams - 12mins
Love - 30mins, Frye - 10 mins
TT - 28 mins, Bogut - 10 mins

Liggins, Jones, Felder junk time in blowouts

I daresay we might see Kyrie and Deron on the court at stages, too. Deron to play the point and Kyrie to do what he does best, which is score the ball. Korver could play the 3, LBJ 4 and Love/TT 5 when we play small ball.

That is the most stacked team i've seen, the warriors have more top end talent but we run a lot deeper. I'm really interested to see the rotations, i get the feeling they are gonna vary a lot on match ups as there simply isnt enough mins to go around.

This adds up 261 when there is only 240 mins to be allocated and I feel i dogged a few players of mins (Frye, Derrick, Love)
Kyrie - 35mins, Deron - 15mins
JR - 25mins, Korver - 28mins, Shump - 15mins
Lebron - 38mins, RJ - 15mins, Williams - 12mins
Love - 30mins, Frye - 10 mins
TT - 28 mins, Bogut - 10 mins

Liggins, Jones, Felder junk time in blowouts

Part of the appeal of having this depth is that you can play your stars fewer minutes.

So you might end up with something like:

PG: Irving (32); Williams (12)
SG: Smith (22); Korver (22); Shumpert (14)
SF: James (36); Williams (16)
PF: Love (30); Frye (18)
C: Thompson (26); Bogut (12)

I think Jefferson gets very few minutes with the added depth. It just doesn't make sense to have such a limited player getting more than a handful of minutes.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Part of the appeal of having this depth is that you can play your stars fewer minutes. So you might end up with something like: PG: Irving (32); Williams (12) SG: Smith (22); Korver (22); Shumpert (14) SF: James (36); Williams (16) PF: Love (30); Fyfe (18) C: Thompson (26); Bogut (12) I think Jefferson gets very few minutes with the added depth. It just doesn't make sense to have such a limited player getting more than a handful of minutes.
Fyfe would be handy if we had him ;) probably wouldn't play PF though

The Cavs like RJ and seem to play him over Frye and Derrick a fair bit, he is limited but solid role player that plays decent defense and can switch onto small screens and bigs, I can't see him getting kicked out of rotation but he does seem like the 12th man

Wasn't a great game for Derrick today despite hitting a few 3's he got exposed on defense by Milsap and Schroeder.. hopefully just a bad match up for him.

We make it hard for ourselves with the lack of effort on defense.

Nice to set another 3pt record vs Atlanta and get the road win though

Can we even still sign Sanders? I assume we can, depending if he still wants to come here after Cavs chose Bogut over him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back