Climate Change and Bad Psychology Jokes

Remove this Banner Ad

In Year 9 Science we had to do a debate on climate change, but no one in our class was a climate change denier/skeptic so myself and 2 others were forced to argue for the other side and we just got laid into.

In Year 9 Science we had to do a debate on climate change, but no one in our class was a climate change denier/skeptic so myself and 2 others were forced to argue for the other side and we just got laid into.

That is sad.

Also I'll deal with votes and such when I get to a computer. I'm not ignoring you all.

That's a pretty hard thing to argue. Peer review hasn't been kind to non climate change data, meaning you either hone into the horrible science early data had (the hockey stick model), go millions of years back and hone intl the whole "the earth is actually the coolest it's ever been" or crackpot it like a mother*er.

I mass debated a lot in Year 9 too. Never in science class though.

Ivan Pavlov walks into a restaurant and sits down.

As the service bell rings, he thinks, "s**t - I forgot to feed the dog."

Just because its getting too serious in here.

Pavlov’s dog says to his friend “see that? Every time I salivate my master smiles and writes in his note book”

There's so many powers like earthquakes, volcanoes, and cyclones that we can't possibly control or be responsible for.
Humans now shape the planet in terms of earthworks, building islands etc more so that natural processes like earthquakes, wind and wave erosion, volcanoes.

I'm going to absolutely destroy all of you in here this afternoon.

I did a uni subject specifically to argue on the internet.

All of us? Im just posting psychology jokes in here.

"Doctor, I feel as though nobody understands me."

"What do you mean by that?"

Must have failed considering you once had to PM someone begging to help you win a petty argument against someone else on the SFA board.

The course was specifically about climate change arguments

If they are increasing at an increasing rate, then my point stands, if the world has begun setting targets, reducing emissions, switching to renewables, etc. etc. and yet the rates are still increasing at an increasing rate, doesn't that suggest there are other factors? I forget the terminology, but the analogy I saw about the world's climate is a car sitting in the sun. One theory is the world is that car with the windows wound up, as the temperature increases, the car gets hotter at a rapid rate. The other theory is the world is that car but that when it begins getting hot, the windows get wound down to mitigate the rising temperature. Forgive me, it's been a fair few years since I read this material. Are you suggesting it's the former not the latter, and that even though we are mitigating our impact, it's too late? Or that it's the latter not the former, but some countries (India, China) are now outweighing our measures?
There could be a lag in the process. Putting procedures in now might not have a noticeable (or significant, outside random variance etc) difference immediately.

We also certainly haven't gone close to meeting the targets. Has some effort been made? Sure. Could we be doing a hell of a lot better? Absolutely.

The issue is once the CO2 is in the atmosphere, how do we get rid of it? Trees can only do so much.

I'm going to absolutely destroy all of you in here this afternoon.

I did a uni subject specifically to argue on the internet.
Considering your entries already in this discussion I can see why you failed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There could be a lag in the process. Putting procedures in now might not have a noticeable (or significant, outside random variance etc) difference immediately.

We also certainly haven't gone close to meeting the targets. Has some effort been made? Sure. Could we be doing a hell of a lot better? Absolutely.

The issue is once the CO2 is in the atmosphere, how do we get rid of it? Trees can only do so much.

Can somebody buy this guy a tree so he’ll shut up?

Considering your entries already in this discussion I can see why you failed.

With respect I'm not sure how your finance degree puts you in a spot to spout off your young liberal bullshit with such confidence

Prepare yourself to be knocked out of orbit.

How many narcissists does it take to change a lightbulb?

Just one. All he has to do is hold it in place while the world revolves around him.

How many psychotherapists does it take to change a lightbulb? Just one but the lightbulb has to want to change

How many psychotherapists does it take to change a lightbulb? Just one but the lightbulb has to want to change
A psychotherapist returned from a conference in the Rocky mountains, where the delegates spent more time on the icy ski slopes than attending lectures and seminars.

When she got back, her husband asked her, "So, how did it go?"

"Fine," she replied, "but I've never seen so many Freudians slip."

With respect I'm not sure how your finance degree puts you in a spot to spout off your young liberal bullshit with such confidence

Prepare yourself to be knocked out of orbit.

You realise I have advocated for us making as much effort as possible to reduce our impact on the climate.

But of course you don't because you'd rather make such intelligent contributions as "Me talking about the benefits of a guillotine is the equivalent of examining both sides of a discussion about a complex global system"

You realise I have advocated for us making as much effort as possible to reduce our impact on the climate.

But of course you don't because you'd rather make such intelligent contributions as "Me talking about the benefits of a guillotine is the equivalent of examining both sides of a discussion about a complex global system"

There's one side to the discussion SM. It's actually very very simple.

Prepare to be knocked out of orbit

giphy.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back