Climate Change Arguing

Remove this Banner Ad

the actions are harsh. did she seek approval for public assembly? i think the hollywood folk may have been given permission.

They did. Had a permit and gave notice for traffic. If she was never arrested, they’d be raving at how good this is for Sydney and economically.

Lets say that Ryan Gosling spray painted (or threw soup) on a piece of clear perspex that was installed over a fancy painting.

Would that be ok for this movie scenario, as opposed to a protest?

interesting scenario. they'd use props, unless it was a borat type movie and they weren't given permission in advance.
it's certainly possible that he'd get a more lenient punishment than the people who have thrown soup previously, though (whatever that was, can't remember).

i appreciate the symbology and performance nature of splashing stuff on a painting, it's an effective way of portraying the nihilism of their beliefs. i wouldn't be surprised if the galleries are in on it either - publicity, messages might align ('leftist' space) though the old money usually in gallery philanthropy might not approve. i still think there's things that people won't mock-vandalise in the name of climate change. it'd be quite interesting if someone sprayed a big ol' rio tinto logo over an indigenous artifact.

It's interesting that you avoid answering the question.

Perhaps you think the Hollywood elites should have more rights than concerned citizens?

You really wanted an answer to that question?

You are very intelligent. You know clearly that the comparison you are trying to draw here is massive stretch.

They had permits, wasn’t a protest, gave traffic notice, was 3am-10am on a weekend and great for the economy.

And you are comparing that to - rock up out of the blue on a working day in peak hour to block traffic.

Cmon GP. You are way smarter than this performance.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kerry Stokes' Australia where the innocent parties are Ben Roberts Smith and Santos.
The BRS defo trial was the most entertaining reality show that 7 has ever been involved with

Yeah it’s just some paint, will scrape off glass fairly easily. Quite minor compared to Santos environmental damage.

They hit the cafe next door too. Maybe they copped it for not serving soy milk.
Protest away, the more people caring about the environment the better, just don’t vandalise a building, it’s staggering that this is now looked at, as good behaviour.

Last edited:
That makes property damage okay then? And the cafe?
Paint on glass is property damage now?

I mean they literally showed it being cleaned off with a katcha

We used to paint the windows in retail each month for whatever the sale/theme was

then scrape it off with a razor blade at the end of the month for the next lot to go on.

Compared to the damage that Santos do daily around here it's not even worth mentioning beyond the publicity and outrage for the climate deniers

This is what happens when you don't have a magical Dorian Gray picture. Up there with a white nationalist get together for consistent levels of butt ugly.
Might be a few white nationalists in that group just quietly

I think my favourite part is this though

1674448091181.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back