Politics Climate Change Paradox (cont in part 2)

Should we act now, or wait for a unified global approach

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that Climate change is viewed solely as the province of the SRP board.

I would have thought it would be better discussed on the Science board, rather than be used as a political football by those with entrenched positions.

Probably because the Science board would be infested by those with entrenched positions who view it as a political football :)

WE ARE THE PROBLEM.

Indeed you are, if honest you would not have made the comments* about coal, they are demonstrably inaccurate.
* Hold our politicians to account for selling our future up the river for the mountain of cash that our coal fetches in China.

Any thinking person knows the coal would be sourced elsewhere, its a bloody selfish ineffective & irresponsible call. Close down the communities in alphabetical order & get to the end having made NO difference eh, you're still OK, stuff the others !! We need transition not an upper cut.

The climate discussion is littered with foolish claims & they harm the acceptance by the uncommitted.

Last edited:

You're quoting politicians and a media organisation with a clear and undeniable political agenda.

You're just incapable of thinking otherwise. You are literally zombified by the circus.

Shift the agenda to welfare and I am an automatic ALP supporter when it comes to the two party bullshit.

Indeed you are, if you honest you would not have made the comments* about coal, they are demonstrably inaccurate.
* Hold our politicians to account for selling our future up the river for the mountain of cash that our coal fetches in China.

Any thinking person knows the coal would be sourced elsewhere, its a bloody selfish ineffective & irresponsible call. Close down the communities in alphabetical order & get to the end having made NO difference, you're still OK, stuff the others !! We need transition not an upper cut.

The climate discussion is littered with foolish claims & they harm the acceptance by the uncommitted.
Which part are you arguing with?
Australia accounts for 35% of the worlds coal exports: China, Japan, India the biggest buyers of our product.

It’s laughable that people in this thread are bickering about backburning, about reforming fire services and penalising arsonists, while our coal’s massive contribution to global carbon emissions keep us on track to expand the number of days with extreme fire danger ratings “between 5% and 65% by 2020 and between 10% and 300% by 2050”.

Which part are you arguing with?
Australia accounts for 35% of the worlds coal exports: China, Japan, India the biggest buyers of our product.

It’s laughable that people in this thread are bickering about backburning, about reforming fire services and penalising arsonists, while our coal’s massive contribution to global carbon emissions keep us on track to expand the number of days with extreme fire danger ratings “between 5% and 65% by 2020 and between 10% and 300% by 2050”.
It's already 2020.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont want to alarm anyone, but: global warming is reality. It’s happening.

It’s not half-happening, it’s not half-real. If we do not curb global Co2 emissions, we will have more catastrophes worldwide.

You don't want to alarm anyone but we're going to have global catastrophes? OK.

It’s not alarmist to say it. It’s irrefutable.

What's irrefutable?

I have a vegetable garden. I shop locally. I don’t eat meat. I have made pretty good reductions in waste and my use of water, plastics and the car. I support slow fashion. I give money to organisations who support climate change action. I know plenty of people who are doing this sort of stuff. It’s not that hard. You don’t have to be mother Theresa but we can do our bit. It’s just hard to do a bit unless you accept the science. So comon lads.

I hate to break it to you but this is all a pointless exercise in feeling good about yourself.

Tell the lads how much global CO2 has reduced as a result of your lifestyle changes. If it's a climate emergency why are you not being 'Mother Theresa' about it?

Yep, anyone other than Bolt and Zhakova spruiking it?

Astrophysicists tend to be interested in this stuff, but I don't have any political alignment information for you in order to automatically assess their worthiness.

I do get a chuckle out of folks that align with the alarmists, then brush away the actual thing that creates climate on the planet in the first place.

Last edited:
Astrophysicists tend to be interested in this stuff, but I don't have any political alignment information for you in order to automatically assess their worthiness.

I do get a chuckle out of folks that align with the alarmists, then brush away the actual thing that creates climate on the planet when it suits them.
Got any work by the APs that I can check out? I don't have access to locked up journals.

Got any work by the APs that I can check out? I don't have access to locked up journals.

There's stuff all over the net about it. It's not a right wing conspiracy. Here's a link to get you going.

NASA claims that humans trigger most wildfires in the U.S., whilst here on the other side of the planet it's that pesky CO2 (despite the fact that they annually emit 6 trillion tonnes more than us :rolleyes:)

You're just incapable of thinking otherwise. You are literally zombified by the circus.

Shift the agenda to welfare and I am an automatic ALP supporter when it comes to the two party bullshit.
I'm just saying you can't call bullshit on the politicalisation of the issue when you constantly post clearly politicised statements from politicians and thinly-disguised political organisations (sky news is essentially the propaganda arm of the IPA). You're becoming the very thing you rail against.

BTW: I did a google search: abc east gippsland protest backburn

In the list was this:
ABC Gippsland - PLANNED BURN PROTEST Residents ...
https://www.facebook.com › ABCGippsland › posts

Residents have disrupted a planned burn at Nowa Nowa in East Gippsland. ... Mary from Nowa Nowa told ABC Gippsland she hoped she wouldn't be fined. ..... Aaron Bradley Could cattle be used as a solution rather than a back burn?

------------------------
But when I clicked on the link it said "The link you followed may be broken, or the page may have been removed".

So... maybe this conspiracy is true.

Daily Telegraph and Daily Mail UK have stories on it. But I dont count those as news sources.

Here you go #Chief

Can do the search. See the link to the ABC FB post. But when you click it the page is no longer there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back