Politics Climate Change Paradox (cont in part 2)

Should we act now, or wait for a unified global approach

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's human nature I guess. People don't worry about stuff until it becomes a problem.
Not really, trump for instance has dismantled and slashed the funding of the organisations responsible for pandemic and disease control. Plenty of the experts know these things are coming-that’s why more informed presidents set them up in the first place.
At the same time, he’s also slashed and dismantled the organisations battling climate change. The experts can see that coming too.
He’s just made poor choices based on ignorance.

Ice & snow. Every****ingwhere.

Arctic levels tracking at a 5 year high and Antarctic levels tracking at pre-2010's statistics.

Last edited:
robinson-update-2016-sce.png

And dont forget to mention Arctic snow cover...

fig2.4-derksen.png

I can even post Sea Ice, but i will spare you. No point.

******* snow everywhere!! *******s..

Last edited:
Jeezus.

This thread, and in fact the whole movement, is no longer.

Amazing what happens when you get a 'real life' issue crop up to focus on...
It was largely the same posters here arguing against the case for Climate Change who argued that CV19 was 'just the flu' and was overblown.
Most have at least changed their tune as the situation developed, but there are still one or two hold-outs.

If anything, it illuminates the Climate Change argument.

It was largely the same posters here arguing against the case for Climate Change who argued that CV19 was 'just the flu' and was overblown.
Most have at least changed their tune as the situation developed, but there are still one or two hold-outs.

If anything, it illuminates the Climate Change argument.
Absolute bollocks.

How much government funding that was going towards climate change will now be redirected to pandemic planning?

And population growth/planning - any coincidence that the worst hit countries/cities are the most densely populated with a large number of elderly residents?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jeezus.

This thread, and in fact the whole movement, is no longer.

Amazing what happens when you get a 'real life' issue crop up to focus on...
If you had cancer, then suffered a heart attack. Would you take a break from chemo, then go back to it when the heart was sorted? Or give up in the cancer treatment totally and only think about the cardiac issues?

Absolute bollocks.

How much government funding that was going towards climate change will now be redirected to pandemic planning?
Got the original numbers?

If you had cancer, then suffered a heart attack. Would you take a break from chemo, then go back to it when the heart was sorted? Or give up in the cancer treatment totally and only think about the cardiac issues?
That is hardly a like for like analogy.

Climate change, renewable energy, etc. We'll get there eventually. But the global governments have some more urgent issues to attend to which require significant focus and funding, and climate change will be one of a few initiatives to take a back seat as a result.

Harsh reality, I'm afraid.

That is hardly a like for like analogy.

Climate change, renewable energy, etc. We'll get there eventually. But the global governments have some more urgent issues to attend to which require significant focus and funding, and climate change will be one of a few initiatives to take a back seat as a result.

Harsh reality, I'm afraid.
We are a very wealthy nation. We can easily prepare for both. Climate change actions can be cashflow positive overall. Imagine a rebewables construction boom coming out of the financial shock of covid 19. If worst comes to worst, we could take back 60 billion in middle class welfare at the strike of a pen to put towards pandemic preparation.

Covid has helped with the emissions though, Energy is almost at record low prices the fossil fuel companies are reeling right now. The last thing they want (post Covid) is more climate change stuff. They will take a long long time to recover from the losses they suffered in the past 3 months. Watchout for more junk science appearing on sites you like to quote mostly, funded by the industry.

Tell us more about your photo.

I hope it hasn't just been doctored for dramatic effect.

and this is ******* Mumbai, i have been to Mumbai about a million times and i couldn't recognise this

and this is ******* Mumbai, i have been to Mumbai about a million times and i couldn't recognise this

Wow. That changed occurred over the course of just one week.

Astounding!

take your conspiracy theories elsewhere, there are plenty of independent pictures available online and on travel vlogs from independent vloggers. There is a reason why i stopped replying to you. You can't fix dumb
Take it elsewhere?

Sorry, I have as much right to post my views in a 'Climate Change Paradox' thread as you have.

'Dumb' would be soaking up and sharing a sensationalist picture, taking it as fact without looking deeper into it.

Oh, and you have no obligation to respond to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back