Politics Climate Change Paradox (cont in part 2)

Should we act now, or wait for a unified global approach

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your personal opinions are worthless sock puppet.

Refute the model utilising actual molecular physics, or shut up.

Sock puppet? You are becoming the Deepak Chopra of climate science really. You quote a biologist with ZERO credentials and even discredited by his fellow skeptics. There's plenty of posts about him being a fraud, why don't you help yourself?

Another swing and a miss Snakey.

The laws of thermodynamics care nought for your personal drivel.

One carbon molecule bound by two oxygen molecules in a linear coordination @116.3pm and its relationship with IR between 200 and 2500 cm−1.

This is the subject matter.

The laws of thermodynamics care nought for your personal drivel.

One carbon molecule bound by two oxygen molecules in a linear coordination @106.3pm and its relationship with IR @ 200 and 2500 cm−1.

This is the subject matter.

Refer to actual science, he made a blunder clearly. His mistake is also calling the out the value of pressure.distance (atm.m) used in graphs by Hottel a partial pressure (atm) and then erroneously applies the value. The figure of 0.003 in his article is *****.

Refer to actual science, he made a blunder clearly. His mistake is also calling the out the value of pressure.distance (atm.m) used in graphs by Hottel a partial pressure (atm) and then erroneously applies the value. The figure of 0.003 in his article is *****.

You can't cherry pick a rebuttal based upon zero mathematical modelling as a means of a counterpoint, and if you still choose to cling grimly to that rebuttal then it does not intimate that AGW, as it is typically presented, isn't complete bullshit anyway.

You can't cherry pick a rebuttal based upon zero mathematical modelling as a means of a counterpoint, and if you still choose to cling grimly to that rebuttal then it does not intimate that AGW, as it is typically presented, isn't complete bullshit anyway.

Cherry pick? he clearly doesnt know what he is talking about, he misrepresented Hottels graph.

NONE of his references support his nonsense claims at ALL. Even at path length of 1km, the P C02 value would be around 0.4 several magnitudes higher than what Nasif claims. I am not a scientist, but it looks like you havent passed high school Maths.

Here's some relevant pages from a couple of textbooks on Heat Transfer re the Hottel / Leckner charts:

https://books.google.com.au/books?id=lLT-aKLTxkQC&pg=PA341&lpg=PA341&dq=(paL)+partial+pressure&source=bl&ots=7k2Tqnq85r&sig=QcPMtuOvXeacdhXdNEjUoB4gbi4&hl=en&ei=editTe2WN_GD0QGVxs3BCw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=(paL) partial pressure&f=false

https://books.google.com.au/books?id=b2238B-AsqcC&pg=PA713&lpg=PA713&dq=multiply+the+partial+pressure+of+CO2+by+the+path+length+in+meters&source=bl&ots=-DR476ios6&sig=rVHEYpFxJG4fhb5CgSUpAsp7VMI&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjB2fqV25zLAhXMoZQKHb2ODQwQ6AEIKDAD#v=onepage&q=multiply the partial pressure of CO2 by the path length in meters&f=false

and a brief primer on atmospheric greenhouse gases for you:
http://forecast.uchicago.edu/chapter4.pdf

Scomo will see us miss out I'm sure, all so the LNP can keep receiving mining donations.

Good to see positive action being taken.

Cherry pick? he clearly doesnt know what he is talking about, he misrepresented Hottels graph.

NONE of his references support his nonsense claims at ALL. Even at path length of 1km, the P C02 value would be around 0.4 several magnitudes higher than what Nasif claims. I am not a scientist, but it looks like you havent passed high school Maths.

Here's some relevant pages from a couple of textbooks on Heat Transfer re the Hottel / Leckner charts:

https://books.google.com.au/books?id=lLT-aKLTxkQC&pg=PA341&lpg=PA341&dq=(paL)+partial+pressure&source=bl&ots=7k2Tqnq85r&sig=QcPMtuOvXeacdhXdNEjUoB4gbi4&hl=en&ei=editTe2WN_GD0QGVxs3BCw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=(paL) partial pressure&f=false

https://books.google.com.au/books?id=b2238B-AsqcC&pg=PA713&lpg=PA713&dq=multiply+the+partial+pressure+of+CO2+by+the+path+length+in+meters&source=bl&ots=-DR476ios6&sig=rVHEYpFxJG4fhb5CgSUpAsp7VMI&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjB2fqV25zLAhXMoZQKHb2ODQwQ6AEIKDAD#v=onepage&q=multiply the partial pressure of CO2 by the path length in meters&f=false

and a brief primer on atmospheric greenhouse gases for you:
http://forecast.uchicago.edu/chapter4.pdf

Yes, there's an entire socio-political industry making a living off this stuff, and I don't doubt that CO2 along with many other gasses can be qualified as a "greenhouse gas".

Question: How long can CO2 store IR radiation?

Last edited:
You've got to remember that weather =/= climate (except when it supports the agenda of the alarmist).
I'm sleeping with long pyjamas on and the heavy doona nearing the middle of October, doesn't happen often here.

If global warming, sorry climate change doesn't kick in about 3 weeks time there is going to be some kids going down with hypothermia in swimming lessons.

I'm sleeping with long pyjamas on and the heavy doona nearing the middle of October, doesn't happen often here.

If global warming, sorry climate change doesn't kick in about 3 weeks time there is going to be some kids going down with hypothermia in swimming lessons.

Really?

• Australia's second-warmest September on record, coming in behind 2013
  • Daytime temperatures during September were very much warmer than average for most of the country, and warmest on record in the north-west
  • Mean minimum temperatures also very much above average for most of Australia

Remove your bias, see some stats, the 'trend' is going one way only.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The issue is that some correct aspects relating to CO2 and IR are extrapolated in a way that has no basis in reality.

I don't know and it's too late here to read about it. I can always look up on things but that will be dishonest.

Okay, then surely you would concede that the IR retention time of 0.0004% of an atmospheric gas is a crucial aspect of the AGW reasoning?

Would you dispute that it's in the microsecond range?

Okay, then surely you would concede that the IR retention time of 0.0004% of an atmospheric gas is a crucial aspect of the AGW reasoning?

Would you dispute that it's in the microsecond range?

I am reading this paper, i am not sure what you are trying to get to?

he observed changes in the spectrum from 1970 to 2006 are consistent with theoretical expectations. As the atmosphere warms, more infrared radiation is radiated to space. However, less infrared radiation escapes at CO2 wavelengths. The net effect is that less total radiation escapes out to space.

This is independently confirmed by surface measurements which find the net result is more longwave radiation returning back to the Earth's surface (Philipona 2004, Evans 2006). It's also confirmed by ocean heat measurements which find the oceans have been accumulating heat since 1950 (Murphy 2009).

You should then petition the scientists then, if it has no basis in reality, then they must be 'crazy' or don't know their trade.

I am a scientist, and by that I mean a real one, not some impressionable kid with computer programming skills. I am being paid right now to investigate the effects of EMF fields upon hydrated ions, so I figure that I at least get to have an opinion about this subject in a football forum.

I would appeal to you to rub your eyes, reset with an open mind, and then look at the sheer magnitude of the complexity in the dynamics involved, giving particular attention to IR induced molecular vibration & absorption relating to relative atmospheric propensity, possible secondary interactions and retention times, as it relates to ~0.23% of the suns wavelength.............and then ask yourself if there might be other much more significant factors relating to the warming of the earth.

If you can get above focusing on bringing me down, and stick to the actual data, then you will soon realise that CO2 is a largely insignificant aspect of any AGW claims. It's inescapable when you remove "belief" and focus rationally on the data.

Is CO2 a greenhouse gas? Yes.

So are my farts.

I am a scientist, and by that I mean a real one, not some impressionable kid with computer programming skills. I am being paid right now to investigate the effects of EMF fields upon hydrated ions, so I figure that I at least get to have an opinion about this subject in a football forum.

No one is buying your sales pitch, you sound like a 2nd hand car salesman and no scientist worth their salt will quote the people you hve quoted in this thread. Do you think the last bloke you quote is a scientist? do you think Anthony Watts is a scientist? if you are a scientist, there's no s**t people like Deepak Chopra get so much airtime. (he is a scientist too and he is associated with more studies about biology and neurology than most people).

I would appeal to you to rub your eyes, reset with an open mind, and then look at the sheer magnitude of the complexity in the dynamics involved, giving particular attention to molecular vibration & absorption relating to relative atmospheric propensity, possible secondary interactions and retention times.

If you can get above focusing on bringing me down, and stick to the actual data, then you will soon realise that CO2 is a largely insignificant aspect of any AGW claims. It's inescapable when you remove "belief" and focus rationally on the data.

Is CO2 a greenhouse gas? Yes.

So are my farts.

Why don't you ever ever ever reply to a specific point? you mentioned IR. I answered your question about IR and now you move onto 'diversity' this and that blah blah. You are fooling no one.

CO2 absorbs and re-emits longwave radiation . Isn't that Tyndalls theory?? The theory of greenhouse gases predicts that if we increase the proportion of greenhouse gases, more warming will occur (Arrhenius). Are you disputing this?

Scientists have measured the influence of CO2 on both incoming solar energy and outgoing long-wave radiation. Less longwave radiation is escaping to space at the specific wavelengths of greenhouse gases. Increased longwave radiation is measured at the surface of the Earth at the same wavelengths.

100% this. Notice how he never actually discusses science when someone replies to his query/post about"science".. This is the 3rd time in the last 2 pages i have answered his question and he replied back with something completely different trying to change the subject. But remember he is 'paid' to research, apparently. LOL

By the way, I cannot refute that humans effect global weather, and I would logically guess that to some extent they do, but this CO2 stuff is over-hyped garbage.
If you're seeking to overturn the science on how the planet heats, you need to put forward an alternative theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back