Politics Climate Change Paradox (cont in part 2)

Should we act now, or wait for a unified global approach

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can stop selling them coal, or raise the price significantly. That will slow them down.

They have given us the sars .... all over now baby blu?
Australian coal exports to China once topped A$1.78 billion (US$1.4 billion) in June 2018, but have dwindled to zero in 2021.
21 May 2021

You are aware that whatever we do makes no difference to global warming. Until China & India deliver changes YOU are 'p155 n' into the wind & irrelevant to boot.
With all due respect you have no credibility on climate change.
You can't go from being a climate denier to having a worthwhile opinion.
You put your eggs in the wrong basket .

With all due respect you have no credibility on climate change.
You can't go from being a climate denier to having a worthwhile opinion.
You put your eggs in the wrong basket .

Climate change is not 2 teams as you seem to have been told.
On one side is the deniers on the other the alarmists, & in between are the rest of us who dont buy the denial or the alarmist propaganda.

I've not noticed erosion being any more problematic in that time.
Repeat after me: anecdotes are not evidence.

As an aside, the most recent data is the most relevant. The last 15 years are more relevant than your 50, just like the last 150 years of industrial revolution are more relevant than billions of years that include once-in-a-millennia events.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Repeat after me: anecdotes are not evidence.

As an aside, the most recent data is the most relevant. The last 15 years are more relevant than your 50, just like the last 150 years of industrial revolution are more relevant than billions of years that include once-in-a-millennia events.

NOTE: I did not claim it to be evidence. Stop putting words in other peoples mouth. Usually there is this thing called CONTEXT.

So NO, I have no need to repeat after you.

NOTE: I did not claim it to be evidence. Stop putting words in other peoples mouth. Usually there is this thing called CONTEXT.

So NO, I have no need to repeat after you.
You repeatedly disagreed with another poster based on your very limited eyeballing of a situation. You were certainly using it to guide your opinion. And that’s all it is… an incorrect opinion contradicted by evidence.

You repeatedly disagreed with another poster based on your very limited eyeballing of a situation. You were certainly using it to guide your opinion. And that’s all it is… an incorrect opinion contradicted by evidence.

You are deliberately misusing my comments to justify your ignorance. Stop scrambling about & acknowledge you were wrong.

Of course not, warming ocean currents absolutely poses no threat to humanity, oceans are not warming at all Alan Watts said so.

Tell that to Kevin Rudd, Steve Bracks, Danial Andrews and his billionaire mates, Barrack Obama. I could go on. They don't actually give a s**t about the climate or rising oceans. It's just a dog whistle for political control.

Malcolm Turnbull's idea of lockdown is fishing from his harbourfront property set on 1940 sq metres, has a swimming pool and a boat shed as well as the private jetty.

#WereAllInthisTogether

1628750477452.png

Tell that to Kevin Rudd, Steve Bracks, Danial Andrews and his billionaire mates, Barrack Obama. I could go on. They don't actually give a sh*t about the climate or rising oceans. It's just a dog whistle for political control.

Malcolm Turnbull's idea of lockdown is fishing from his harbourfront property set on 1940 sq metres, has a swimming pool and a boat shed as well as the private jetty.

#WereAllInthisTogether

View attachment 1203743
Who cares if he is fishing from his little pier? He is rich, he has done well for himself. I am sure he’d like to see his grandkids and kids etc

Who cares if he is fishing from his little pier? He is rich, he has done well for himself. I am sure he’d like to see his grandkids and kids etc

It's an illustration of the widening split in society between the decision makers - and ordinary people who have to obey the rules.

The elite go fishing on their private piers, take a trip into space, throw a 3 day party in their coastal mansion where A listers fly in by private jet.

It's an illustration of the widening split in society between the decision makers - and ordinary people who have to obey the rules.

The elite go fishing on their private piers, take a trip into space, throw a 3 day party in their coastal mansion where A listers fly in by private jet.
Turnbull isn’t breaking any rules. It’s his property isn’t it? We all have to obey them. Turnbull is a pretty ordinary person, you just don’t like it because he has a pier and he is rich.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back