Politics Climate Change Paradox (cont in part 2)

Should we act now, or wait for a unified global approach

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ancient Tiger

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Sep 18, 2007
Richmond
AFL Club
Richmond
That makes no sense. Renewables are only as big as they are because of subsidies.
No. What you say makes no sense. If they are that big they should be self sufficient. The oil industry is thousands of times bigger right now. That's not to say that things wont even up in the future. However, it will take a long time to even get remotely close unless the governments of the USA, China, India and Russia have a change of government policy. This is unfortunately not likely to happen because of the huge vested interests involved......

I would say I made assertions not assumptions about the corrupting influence that the renewables sector (and the cult of global warming) has had on science. Assertions that can be backed up with evidence.

For example, Donna Laframboise's analysis of how the IPCC process works. Or Mark Steyn's book about Michael Mann's fraudulent Hockey Stick.

View attachment 602648

If you want to make assumptions about the influence the fossil fuel industry has had then go right ahead. But, logically, I would contest your argument that such assumptions lead to a conclusion that the fossil fuel industry has corrupted the science to a greater degree.
I've got a mate who's a scientist and I can confirm that he's been offered billions of dollars by communisists to pretend climate change is real.

Ancient Tiger

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Sep 18, 2007
Richmond
AFL Club
Richmond
I've got a mate who's a scientist and I can confirm that he's been offered billions of dollars by communisists to pretend climate change is real.
Who are these communists? Did you say billions to one man who's just a scientist?

It's getting harder to know who is pulling our legs and who is serious!!!

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Interesting.

A "MINI-ICE AGE" COULD HIT EARTH BY 2030, SCIENTISTS WARN

atiq ahmed August 03, 2018 0

Amid rising concerns over the effects of global warming, a group of scientists has claimed that the Earth could in a little over a decade be hit by a "mini ice age" that would freeze major rivers. The startling prediction is based on a mathematical model of the Sun's magnetic energy which also suggests that Earth's temperature will start dropping in 2021.

The plummeting temperature will then lead to something called the "Maunder minimum", which is referred to a previous mini ice age that occurred between 1646 and 1715, turning London's Thames into a frozen river, scientists claimed. The latest research, led by maths professor Valentina Zharkova at Northumbria University, is built on a previous research that predicts the movements of two magnetic waves produced by the Sun. It also foretells rapidly decreasing magnetic waves for three solar cycles that will begin in 2021, and last for as many as 33 years.

According to the model, the two magnetic waves will become increasingly offset during Cycle 25, which peaks in 2022. During Cycle 26 between 2030 and 2040, the waves will become out of sync, causing reduction in solar activity by as much as 60 percent.
“In cycle 26, the two waves exactly mirror each other — peaking at the same time but in opposite hemispheres of the Sun,” Zharkova reportedly said in 2015 while conducting a previous research on the phenomenon. “Their interaction will be disruptive, or they will nearly cancel each other. We predict that this will lead to the properties of a 'Maunder minimum'.”

Although Zharkova claimed 97 percent accuracy for the model that corresponds to previous mini ice ages, she did warn that her model could not be used as proof of a future mini ice age, partly because of global warming. The new research paper on the findings was published this year in Astronomy & Geophysics.
“I hope global warning will be overridden by this effect, giving humankind and the Earth 30 years to sort out our pollution,” Zharkova told Sky News, adding that any possible downward impact on global warming will last until 2050s when the Sun's two magnetic waves become active again. “We have to be sorted by that time and prepare everything on Earth for the next big solar activity.”

Claude Balls

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 30, 2007
AFL Club
Geelong
Interesting.

Amid rising concerns over the effects of global warming, a group of scientists has claimed that the Earth could in a little over a decade be hit by a "mini ice age" that would freeze major rivers. The startling prediction is based on a mathematical model of the Sun's magnetic energy which also suggests that Earth's temperature will start dropping in 2021.

The plummeting temperature will then lead to something called the "Maunder minimum", which is referred to a previous mini ice age that occurred between 1646 and 1715, turning London's Thames into a frozen river, scientists claimed. The latest research, led by maths professor Valentina Zharkova at Northumbria University, is built on a previous research that predicts the movements of two magnetic waves produced by the Sun. It also foretells rapidly decreasing magnetic waves for three solar cycles that will begin in 2021, and last for as many as 33 years.

According to the model, the two magnetic waves will become increasingly offset during Cycle 25, which peaks in 2022. During Cycle 26 between 2030 and 2040, the waves will become out of sync, causing reduction in solar activity by as much as 60 percent.
“In cycle 26, the two waves exactly mirror each other — peaking at the same time but in opposite hemispheres of the Sun,” Zharkova reportedly said in 2015 while conducting a previous research on the phenomenon. “Their interaction will be disruptive, or they will nearly cancel each other. We predict that this will lead to the properties of a 'Maunder minimum'.”

Although Zharkova claimed 97 percent accuracy for the model that corresponds to previous mini ice ages, she did warn that her model could not be used as proof of a future mini ice age, partly because of global warming. The new research paper on the findings was published this year in Astronomy & Geophysics.
“I hope global warning will be overridden by this effect, giving humankind and the Earth 30 years to sort out our pollution,” Zharkova told Sky News, adding that any possible downward impact on global warming will last until 2050s when the Sun's two magnetic waves become active again. “We have to be sorted by that time and prepare everything on Earth for the next big solar activity.”

Interesting.

I can’t wait for the usual suspects to ‘misunderstand’ this and tell us it means CO2 in the atmosphere is not actually increasing.

Nor can I wait for governments to see this as an extension on their assignment due date, only to be smacked rudely in the face down the track when the effect wears off.

In other words, I don’t share the optimism of the following quote:

“I hope global warning will be overridden by this effect, giving humankind and the Earth 30 years to sort out our pollution,” Zharkova told Sky News, adding that any possible downward impact on global warming will last until 2050s when the Sun's two magnetic waves become active again. “We have to be sorted by that time and prepare everything on Earth for the next big solar activity.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Interesting.

I can’t wait for the usual suspects to misunderstand this and tell us it means CO2 in the atmosphere is not actually increasing.

Nor can I wait for governments to see this as an extension on their assignment due date, only to be smacked rudely in the face down the track when the effect wears off.

In other words, I don’t share the optimism of the following quote:

“I hope global warning will be overridden by this effect, giving humankind and the Earth 30 years to sort out our pollution,” Zharkova told Sky News, adding that any possible downward impact on global warming will last until 2050s when the Sun's two magnetic waves become active again. “We have to be sorted by that time and prepare everything on Earth for the next big solar activity.

If we are destined to be ruled by stupidity, then we will get what we deserve. It's pretty simple.

Claude Balls

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 30, 2007
AFL Club
Geelong
Welcome to democracy.

There will always be idiots.

Enjoy your life while you can, because it's all you have.

Yes there will always be idiots, but it’s not democracy as representative of idiots that’s preventing this issue from being addressed as it should. It’s the work of intelligent people who know how to manipulate the idiots.

blured

Club Legend
Jan 30, 2010
Mcloud
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Denver Nuggets
Interesting.

Nek minit

More than 20 locations hit record temperatures in South Australia today, including Adelaide Airport, Minlaton, Noarlunga, Snowtown and Port Lincoln.
Ceduna set a record for the second day in a row, reaching 48.6C.
Meteorologist Hilary Wilson said records had been broken right across the state.
"It really is quite something to see this many records broken in one day," Ms Wilson said.

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2019...ds-expected-to-be-broken/10745220?pfmredir=sm

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Nek minit

More than 20 locations hit record temperatures in South Australia today, including Adelaide Airport, Minlaton, Noarlunga, Snowtown and Port Lincoln.
Meteorologist Hilary Wilson said records had been broken right across the state.
"It really is quite something to see this many records broken in one day," Ms Wilson said.

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2019...ds-expected-to-be-broken/10745220?pfmredir=sm

Similar temperatures to 1896.

Nelyambo station 125 in the shade

Halbury 118 in the shade

chelseacarlton

BLUE it's the Magic Number
10k Posts Sensible Type Chess Club Member Pantskyle
Apr 13, 2008
So Frang
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The Anti-Theists
Nek minit

Hi Donald.

Fat Yak

Club Legend
Oct 4, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Perth WA “beautiful one day, perfect the next

Sat
sunny.png

32°
16°
Sun