Politics Climate Change Paradox (cont in part 2)

Should we act now, or wait for a unified global approach

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
1579303296818.png

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
The real tragedy about all of the "boy who cried wolf" stuff, is that real ecological considerations get watered down in the minds of the rightfully cynical layperson.

"Woke" politics is seriously damaging to human well being.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Subiaco
I just hope folks walk away from this thinking better about the topic, AND political/media brainwashing.

Most of the media just follows the law of propaganda according to Goebbels.

Joseph Goebbels said:
If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
The law of propaganda according to Goebbels.

I get that most folks don't have the time, training or inclination to go too in depth with this stuff, but it's the veracity with which clearly ignorant people defend their beliefs that is most startling to me. It troubles me. You can see how false, orchestrated demonisations have occurred throughout human history.

Sep 23, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Subiaco
I get that most folks don't have the time, training or inclination to go too in depth with this stuff, but it's the veracity with which clearly ignorant people defend their beliefs that is most startling to me. It troubles me. You can see how false, orchestrated demonisations have occurred throughout human history.

Rather than 'veracity' I'd say 'ferocity'. Almost "How dare you!?!!?" Greta-like.

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Still going with the ‘smartest guy in the room’ angle. You do realise outside of one or two gullible followers, no one’s buying it.

*en LOL. And what about all the money being piled into denial by fossil fuel and media companies? Magnanimous generosity? This is a new level of stupidity if you think it’s working scientists pulling down the cash money.

Sep 23, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Subiaco
fu**en LOL. And what about all the money being piled into denial by fossil fuel and media companies? Magnanimous generosity? This is a new level of stupidity if you think it’s working scientists pulling down the cash money.

That's what the MSM would have you believe. All those Professors who have lost highly paid positions in academia for daring to speak out against the orthodoxy say "Hi".

Money from "Big Oil" flowing to anyone skeptical of AGW virtually dried up 20 years ago. It was always a piddling amount anyway. Now "Big Oil" pours in millions to the AGW alarmism machine. Even Enron got on board early and was a major promoter of Kyoto. They realised pretty early that their future was tied to investing huge sums of money in an outcome based on carbon credit schemes being introduced. I know you'll debate this and I'm happy to. Each time you reply I'll point out another alarmist scientist who has received millions in government grants to assist them in their campaign of AGW alarmism.

(1) First cab off the rank is Phil Jones. Remember him? I discussed him earlier in the thread. Around the time some of his e-mails were leaked during the Climategate scandal (2009) he had already received £13.7 million from grants alone. I can tell you he wouldn't have received one cent of that had he been publishing papers attacking the 'orthodoxy'. In the decade since I would love to know how much he's received. Had the e-mails not leaked we'd never have known about the true extent of the money that was pouring in. No wonder one of his leaked e-mails about the death of a climate skeptic was entitled "Cheering News". Anything posing a threat to the teat he's been sucking on for 30 years is a target for his disdain.

Who coughed up the cash for Phil's gravy train? The list is long. The European Union, NATO, the US Department of Energy, the Met Office, the Environment Agency, the National Rivers Authority the Department for the Environment, the Scottish Environment Protection Agency, the Higher Education Funding Council for England, the National Environment Research Council etc etc.

He's been on it for a while too. His first successful grant application was made in 1991 to the Department of Environment and was worth £179,484 for ‘climate change detection’.

Professor Ross McKitrick, visiting professor of environmental economics at the University of Buckingham and an arch sceptic who was subject of some of the leaked emails, said:

“Climate sceptics are always accused of taking money from industry but it is now clear the money is on the other side. There is a huge amount of money on the global warming side. Institutions like the CRU have a very large budget but that would disappear if global warming ceased to exist. Scientists are enjoying a funding gravy train; there is so much money in climate research. Lots of areas of science are short of money but not climate change.”

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Still going with the ‘smartest guy in the room’ angle. You do realise outside of one or two gullible followers, no one’s buying it.

You're the worst of the lot of them. Devastatingly brainwashed. Beyond reach.

Corpuscles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 3, 2006
Lunatic Park
AFL Club
Sydney
You're the worst of the lot of them. Devastatingly brainwashed. Beyond reach.

Nah!
You are confusing Jack with that CMbot86?
What you are witnessing is the death rattles of his delusion.
He will see the light. Soon!
He /she /it (PC) has the courage to at least read part of, the damning overwhelming condemnation of the CC nutter fraud!

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
The person doesn't even entertain the notion that the mainstream media concept of the subject might be embellished, despite having no scientific training which would be required in order to question anyone else's opinion. It's a bizarre level of irrational thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back