Politics Climate Change Paradox (cont in part 2)

Should we act now, or wait for a unified global approach

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except plenty of the models have gotten things right but these things never get a mention.

They get more of a mention than when they get things wrong. That conveniently gets left out on the 6 o'clock news, because only bad news gets ratings.

By the way, I'm not trying to argue for or against the validity of climate change. I'm more sceptical of people making very specific predictions about what will or won't happen, on both sides.

Personally, I think the evidence is quite clear that human beings are terrible at predicting the future. No doubt those who are getting it right now, will be getting it wrong again in 5 years time, and the cycle starts all over again.

To quote Professor Richard Lindzen, "the climate will have the final say".

They get more of a mention than when they get things wrong. That conveniently gets left out on the 6 o'clock news, because only bad news gets ratings.

By the way, I'm not trying to argue for or against the validity of climate change. I'm more sceptical of people making very specific predictions about what will or won't happen, on both sides.

Personally, I think the evidence is quite clear that human beings are terrible at predicting the future. No doubt those who are getting it right now, will be getting it wrong again in 5 years time, and the cycle starts all over again.

To quote Professor Richard Lindzen, "the climate will have the final say".

Predictions are not easy but lets just say all predictions for the earth to get warmer since 1970 have been correct. There are people who say CO2 is great and has a cooling effect and earth will be cooler by 2020 have been wrong. Yet people like Snakey keep posting stuff from guys who say co2 has a cooling effect on earth. How many scientists do you think will 'agree' that more co2 will cool the earth instead of heating it up?

The climate denier like you is only describing part of the cycle. During the interglacial periods, CO@ only lags temperature 10% of time. 90% of the time, CO2 leads. Check the Milankovitch cycles.

There's a lot in common between denialists and fundie Xtians.

Here’s the key, friends, this is the real deal. Legitimate science recognises a close correlation between sunspots and climate change … The sun is the source of temperature changes because of its infrared variations. … There is absolutely no evidence that CO₂ contributes to warming. On the contrary the opposite is true. Warming produces CO₂ … It’s the other way round.

Predictions are not easy but lets just say all predictions for the earth to get warmer since 1970 have been correct. There are people who say CO2 is great and has a cooling effect and earth will be cooler by 2020 have been wrong. Yet people like Snakey keep posting stuff from guys who say co2 has a cooling effect on earth. How many scientists do you think will 'agree' that more co2 will cool the earth instead of heating it up?

Early 1970's was the end of a cooling period. You don't need to be a bright spark to predict that.

Early 1970's was the end of a cooling period. You don't need to be a bright spark to predict that.

Apparently you do need to be a bright spark, looking at some of the s**t you and Snakey post. Really, warming about 1.2 degree in 45 odd years and it's not a big deal? The earth did cool in the 70s but not really that much on a relative scale. The predictions that it will rise by 1 degree by 2020 was even predicted by Exxon. (not just other scientists)

Global_Mean_Temperature_Estimates_based_on_Land_and_Ocean_Data_(source_NASA_Goddard_Institute_...png

The waters in Venice have improved dramatically with the lack of tourists due to the pandemic.

I think it would be best if we lockdowned everyone permanently for the rest of eternity. The environment will improve dramatically as a result of keeping everyone confined and isolated, like I said, forever.

Just close your eyes and picture how good the environment would be if everyone was locked down for the rest of eternity. Are you with me yet?

Just imagine if humans didn't exist. How ******* great would the environment be if that was the case? Unfortunately, humans do exist. But we can circumvent that by locking everyone down forever. DO IT!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just imagine if humans didn't exist. How ******* great would the environment be if that was the case? Unfortunately, humans do exist. But we can circumvent that by locking everyone down forever. DO IT!
Careful what you wish for. The planet was here long before us and will be long after us. I just hope we don't wipe ourselves out prematurely before nature does.

Are there any remaining Murdoch drones who don't realise yet that they've been hopelessly conned?

See only 1 in 20 Labor voters in Q believe climate is an important issue. Were these people conned?

My tip. its the L in the ALP vote that are the 19 out 20 in that report - the 1 in 20 are l for latte, not L for labor .....

But Murdoch chant the inner city pile on as they sip their latte, kidding themselves they are the L in Labor & point to the electoral victory as proof of their position.

See only 1 in 20 Labor voters in Q believe climate is an important issue. Were these people conned?

My tip. its the L in the ALP vote that are the 19 out 20 in that report - the 1 in 20 are l for latte, not L for labor .....

But Murdoch chant the inner city pile on as they sip their latte, kidding themselves they are the L in Labor & point to the electoral victory as proof of their position.
So do you now agree with the science of global warming?

Reflects the Issy Folau in you, true believer style.
You do realise that global warming is a science thing not a political thing, don't you?
People who thought it was a political thing must feel really stupid by now for falling for such obvious propaganda aimed at tricking the feeble minded and mean hearted. Don't you agree?

19 out of 20 ordinary working people held hostage by 1 out of 20 arts degree parasites with pointless government funded careers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back