Politics Climate Change Paradox (cont in part 2)

Should we act now, or wait for a unified global approach

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Hawks, NY Rangers
Settled to an extent, yes. So there are 0 scientists working on anything involved with gravity? I'd tell you to jog on but that would be difficult to do while hiding under your bed.

That only emphasises that science doesn't need to be 100% over for us to proceed and use it to our benefit.

Jul 10, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
No AFL team
Oh, so now there’s some science that’s ‘settled to an extent’ :drunk:

How convenient.
Still forever evolving numbskull. Like all science. How long before they move the goal posts again and we're heading for an ice age? This 97% argument is embarrassing. And it's always started with "the science is settled". No scientist would ever say that or a respected scientific journalist.

Jul 10, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
No AFL team
That only emphasises that science doesn't need to be 100% over for us to proceed and use it to our benefit.
I agree 100%. Which aligns with all science. But the opening "the science is settled" statement is ridiculous. So is the 97% statistic alarmist constantly use.

Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
I agree 100%. Which aligns with all science. But the opening "the science is settled" statement is ridiculous.

It's the same concept. There's no debate anymore, and we don't have to wait for science to finish evolving to proceed.

Jul 10, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
No AFL team
It's the same concept. There's no debate anymore, and we don't have to wait for science to finish evolving to proceed.
But climate science has always been correct in the past hasn't it? We've had the doom n gloom narrative thrown at us before. What are they changing it too next?

Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
But climate science has always been correct in the past hasn't it? We've had the doom n gloom narrative thrown at us before. What are they changing it too next?

The doom and gloom narrative is already a reality, if you keep an eye on environmental news. Although it's only beginning. That's the other thing, the scientists have already been proven right.

Sep 17, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Good to see they had Matt Canavan on to provide some rationality and reality, even if they (primarily the host) spent most of the night talking over him because his views conflicted with the 'popular' opinion.

I particularly like Canavan's reference to the unfairness of us living in a democracy.

I'm surprised they didn't disclose that his family has a coal mine.

Jul 10, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
No AFL team
The doom and gloom narrative is already a reality, if you keep an eye on environmental news. Although it's only beginning. That's the other thing, the scientists have already been proven right.
Strongly disagree definitely not as clear cut as you put it. I do think coal is definitely not the future and also I think the same about renewables at the present state. Nuclear is an option I think we should be pursuing. Who proved the scientists right?

Fadge

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Anybody with half a brain doesn’t want the scientists to be proven right. That’s like continuing to smoke heavily to see if smoking actually causes lung cancer.
I fear you've incorrectly used the phrase 'anyone with half a brain' but we've become accustomed with you and your peers in this thread struggling to grasp the basics of the English language...

Jul 10, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
No AFL team
Every year, the evidence lines up even more, only for the deniers to say ‘we need to give it another year, it’s not settled’.
Who's denying it? I'm yet to see anybody deny climate change. I'm arguing against the doom n gloom/severity/time frame you alarmist claim. We can't just eliminate coal overnight like you all want.

Jan 12, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Who's a denier?

1628976392054.png

Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats basketball
Not at the current rate or pattern, or at the current maximum. Temperatures have varied within a fairly narrow band for a long time and we are now flying off the chart.

Nobody said coal was the only way to change the climate. The problem is its what is causing climate change right now.
No! Nothing is causing climate now or ever! Because EVERYTHING is causing climate change right now and always has!

And the pace or lack there of, is something measured in very very very near close history, you have no idea of whether it is changing slower or faster, than in every and all weather cycles the world has ever seen??? The climate changes like birds walk or fly! Its nature!

You do not know whether we are warming or cooling it is a theory brought about by scientists who do their studies, and all the time will come up with something, then have it reviewed and another will disagree. We are something like 3 to 4 billion years old, are we not?

Your blatant acceptance of this cultish "disaster speak" and prediction of the "end" amazes me.

I am flabberghasted at the people who just take this logical knowledge that the earth is so old and that it hasn't had different climate changes fast/slow /cold/warm over its whole span of existance?
Well I think its the disaster-speak that some activists like. Maybe love, some are not well.

That UN IPCC report, is not a panic stations report, there are some comments that fit the activist model and there are some things that change as always and have always.
Determining percentages of basic earth temperature from now is never 100% and to declare it different from what may have happened a Million years ago and more over time, to exactly predict some disastrous end of world is simply illogical.

Yet, it is spoken about by people who should know better, who have influence, and then get influenced by fanatics who want to believe its real.
The comparison to then and now in any kind of time frame you want to use, is an impossibility , no one is ever correct 100% and the world may have figures from one study that makes another study seem to be wrong and checked or reviewed.
Again like the Great Barrier Reef, some stuff that came out about that, was not peer reviewed and caused some University politics to take over the argument! So this absolute nonsense got a bloke sacked.
And off they all went to court. Who won?who knows!

But it happened with non peer reviewed stuff disputed, not actually about the non review stuff, but about employment and following a Uni policy line, that to me shows just how pushy the climate cult has got and how infitrated they have got into all sorts of large operations. One of the worst affected is the UN , THERE MUST BE THOSE THERE THAT LOOK AT THIS CRAP AND ARE TOO AFRAID TO SPEAK OUT FOR FEAR OF RIDICULE, BECAUSE THIS CLIMATE STUFF IS A FRAUD, AND CULTISH!

And even a layman like me has one gift, for myself some may differ, but I guess I have some logic when looking at arguments from the ABC or from The Age or Herald or Fox, hysteria generally makes me look at why some people stand in workplaces and poor blood all over themselves as a protest, its 21st century what are we absolute wan*ers

Really what bullsh*t, the climate has always changed how many millions of times does a bit of logic have to be said.
Of course the scientists are working hard and some have faith in their findings but sometimes their findings become different after different studies, there is no absolute, people say "look at the science!" well the science contradicts its scientists sometimes.
As everyone looks at the science even the UN IPCC is not a defining document.
Some Panickers say that we are doomed, if we don't do this or we don't do that. We all know how the W.H.O. and the UN are political entities and run by ,well, anyone's guess? They can name every expert on earth if they want, no one is perfect.

And there in lies the serious worry that this climate change fanaticism stuff is a political tool, and it is used and it sucks in the likes of Sir David Attenborough and others leaders of countries people of high repute who attend junkets of Climate conferences that they go along too.
While an 18 year old who has been terribly influenced by her family, blows their brains?
She even gets the new Royal "Americanised" Dumbo's Megan and Harry sucked in.
While at the same time those two painful individuals fly all over the place and pollute,
with what Greta tells us we shouldn't be doing! Jet fuel!!! HAH!

And China and India the US pollute wholesale, while we're a minow, and fossil fuel use is to our benefit until proper and real renewable energy supplies are found that don't cost a mint and turbine wind farms are horrific, talk about country side viewing pollution!
Nuclear is the way to go the best and the safest that we can get operating, cheaper cleaner if you like, other technologies, but right now frightening the world with Bullsh*t is a crime against the easily led public and against our Children, and extinction marches are a disgrace and the fools who are sucked in are just that, fools, and those who go in droves, lots are rent a crowd mugs.

So any kids reading this don't worry, we are OK , things will be fine. We baby boomers have done some silly things over the years, and some of you have been hit with misery and over kill, do your best, it'll be really good, soon you younger ones and older ones with youth and common sense will see it right, don't believe the propaganda until it can be proved 100 PERCENT
it can't.
But there will be droughts sometimes and some bushfires floods quakes cyclones like have been for millions of years.
They have always been and they always will, things do change like the climate, we adapt, you don't need to think its the end IT ISN'T!
We won't go to war either, it serves no ones good purpose . Enjoy life!

Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
No! Nothing is causing climate now or ever! Because EVERYTHING is causing climate change right now and always has!

And the pace or lack there of, is something measured in very very very near close history, you have no idea of whether it is changing slower or faster, than in every and all weather cycles the world has ever seen??? The climate changes like birds walk or fly! Its nature!

You do not know whether we are warming or cooling it is a theory brought about by scientists who do their studies, and all the time will come up with something, then have it reviewed and another will disagree. We are something like 3 to 4 billion years old, are we not?

Your blatant acceptance of this cultish "disaster speak" and prediction of the "end" amazes me.

I am flabberghasted at the people who just take this logical knowledge that the earth is so old and that it hasn't had different climate changes fast/slow /cold/warm over its whole span of existance?
Well I think its the disaster-speak that some activists like. Maybe love, some are not well.

That UN IPCC report, is not a panic stations report, there are some comments that fit the activist model and there are some things that change as always and have always.
Determining percentages of basic earth temperature from now is never 100% and to declare it different from what may have happened a Million years ago and more over time, to exactly predict some disastrous end of world is simply illogical.

Yet, it is spoken about by people who should know better, who have influence, and then get influenced by fanatics who want to believe its real.
The comparison to then and now in any kind of time frame you want to use, is an impossibility , no one is ever correct 100% and the world may have figures from one study that makes another study seem to be wrong and checked or reviewed.
Again like the Great Barrier Reef, some stuff that came out about that, was not peer reviewed and caused some University politics to take over the argument! So this absolute nonsense got a bloke sacked.
And off they all went to court. Who won?who knows!

But it happened with non peer reviewed stuff disputed, not actually about the non review stuff, but about employment and following a Uni policy line, that to me shows just how pushy the climate cult has got and how infitrated they have got into all sorts of large operations. One of the worst affected is the UN , THERE MUST BE THOSE THERE THAT LOOK AT THIS CRAP AND ARE TOO AFRAID TO SPEAK OUT FOR FEAR OF RIDICULE, BECAUSE THIS CLIMATE STUFF IS A FRAUD, AND CULTISH!

And even a layman like me has one gift, for myself some may differ, but I guess I have some logic when looking at arguments from the ABC or from The Age or Herald or Fox, hysteria generally makes me look at why some people stand in workplaces and poor blood all over themselves as a protest, its 21st century what are we absolute wan*ers

Really what bullsh*t, the climate has always changed how many millions of times does a bit of logic have to be said.
Of course the scientists are working hard and some have faith in their findings but sometimes their findings become different after different studies, there is no absolute, people say "look at the science!" well the science contradicts its scientists sometimes.
As everyone looks at the science even the UN IPCC is not a defining document.
Some Panickers say that we are doomed, if we don't do this or we don't do that. We all know how the W.H.O. and the UN are political entities and run by ,well, anyone's guess? They can name every expert on earth if they want, no one is perfect.

And there in lies the serious worry that this climate change fanaticism stuff is a political tool, and it is used and it sucks in the likes of Sir David Attenborough and others leaders of countries people of high repute who attend junkets of Climate conferences that they go along too.
While an 18 year old who has been terribly influenced by her family, blows their brains?
She even gets the new Royal "Americanised" Dumbo's Megan and Harry sucked in.
While at the same time those two painful individuals fly all over the place and pollute,
with what Greta tells us we shouldn't be doing! Jet fuel!!! HAH!

And China and India the US pollute wholesale, while we're a minow, and fossil fuel use is to our benefit until proper and real renewable energy supplies are found that don't cost a mint and turbine wind farms are horrific, talk about country side viewing pollution!
Nuclear is the way to go the best and the safest that we can get operating, cheaper cleaner if you like, other technologies, but right now frightening the world with Bullsh*t is a crime against the easily led public and against our Children, and extinction marches are a disgrace and the fools who are sucked in are just that, fools, and those who go in droves, lots are rent a crowd mugs.

So any kids reading this don't worry, we are OK , things will be fine. We baby boomers have done some silly things over the years, and some of you have been hit with misery and over kill, do your best, it'll be really good, soon you younger ones and older ones with youth and common sense will see it right, don't believe the propaganda until it can be proved 100 PERCENT
it can't.
But there will be droughts sometimes and some bushfires floods quakes cyclones like have been for millions of years.
They have always been and they always will, things do change like the climate, we adapt, you don't need to think its the end IT ISN'T!
We won't go to war either, it serves no ones good purpose . Enjoy life!
Is this supposed to be a joke? I can't tell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back