Politics Climate Change Paradox (cont in part 2)

Should we act now, or wait for a unified global approach

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 19, 2011
MCG
AFL Club
Hawthorn
OK non believers. Explain this.

235876702_4460861883934501_1938835027616646839_n.png

Fadge

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood

Rebuilder

All Australian
Jul 31, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
We'll be fine, at the last minute we'll create nanobots that are released into the atmosphere and turn carbon into purified water.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Broken Hill powers towards 'renewable city' status with $80 million battery plan

Key points:
  • Construction of the $80 million battery would start early next year
  • It would have the capacity to power up to 10,000 homes for more than two hours if there was a power outage
  • The project would create 50 jobs and the battery could be up and running in 2023

Lets unwrap that:
$80 mil: 10,000 houses for 2 hours. What happens then?

Sep 24, 2006
Wimmera
AFL Club
Collingwood
The Antartic had just recorded it's coldest 6 month period (April to September) ever recorded (as reported by the Washington Post) -

Jan 2, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Good to see Greta is still triggering the oldies.

Should send Grace Tame there as well.

In all serious though, give me a sound, logical reason why you would have an unqualified, unhinged teenage activist sneering at world leaders about an issue that apparently is so critical it requires Trillions of $ worldwide investment to resolve.

This is either a serious, science based issue or it's not. Wheeling in the freak show doesn't help the cause imo.

Sep 17, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
In all serious though, give me a sound, logical reason why you would have an unqualified, unhinged teenage activist sneering at world leaders about an issue that apparently is so critical it requires Trillions of $ worldwide investment to resolve.

This is either a serious, science based issue or it's not. Wheeling in the freak show doesn't help the cause imo.

The younger generation deserve a seat at the table, it will effect them the most.

Lots of her fans are reaching voting age, many are already there. It would be stupid to keep ignoring them.

The current economy isn't working for them either, if you haven't noticed.

Jan 2, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The younger generation deserve a seat at the table, it will effect them the most.

Lots of her fans are reaching voting age, many are already there. It would be stupid to keep ignoring them.

The current economy isn't working for them either, if you haven't noticed.

Sorry but i have to disagree.

If this issue is as serious and as dire as they say it is, the world leading climate scientists need to be doing the talking. Providing a world stage for an unhinged activist is stupid.

There also needs to be room for a healthy debate on this which is always avoided at all costs... i wonder why!

Sep 17, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Sorry but i have to disagree.

If this issue is as serious and as dire as they say it is, the world leading climate scientists need to be doing the talking. Providing a world stage for an unhinged activist is stupid.

There also needs to be room for a healthy debate on this which is always avoided at all costs... i wonder why!

Scott Morrison is an unhinged activist. Do you trust him to do the right thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back