Conspiracy Theory Climate Change

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been on this for a while.
Rolling out electric vehicles needs to happen AFTER we sort the energy grid.
Most people will want to charge their car when they get home from work in the evenings. ( No Solar ).

If you have a Tesla in Victoria and don't have your own Battery to charge it off ( Powerwall for example ), then you are probably emitting more transport related CO2 than if you used on of the more efficient Mazda's , or anything with a small turbo Diesel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey don't knock it, i lost my license for 3 months, its way quicker for me over 20km than public transport,( half an hour to an hour quicker ) and only 15 minutes longer than a car.
In the case of the bike , it doesn't matter what the power source is, if you are hauling 110Kg, and pedalling a bit as well, you are using far less energy than your typical 2 tonne suv OR Tesla.

Victoria has an official "carbon factor", which is higher as we produce more CO2.
I was having trouble understanding why the government were proclaiming that Victoria's government were claiming that we had more renewable's every year, yet the Carbon factor was getting worse.

Now the lightbulb in my head has lit up. ( LED ). Corporations are buying green energy .
The system allows them to purchase an amount of renewable energy and therefore rights to say they are carbon neutral for their international/shareholder reporting etc.
Its a lie.

If Corporation XYZ is open 24/7 and uses 100Mwh of electricity and they buy 100Mwh from a Solar plant, 100Mwh of the output of that solar plants renewable status will be said to be purchase by XYZ.
BUT ITS A LIE
At night , XYZ is in fact using coal power. During the day, while XYZ are using 30Mwh, 70Mwh will be going to other people, but they will be considered to be not using renewables, because that renewable energy is still allocated to XYZ.

If lots of Corporations and citizens buy the bulk of the green energy, only the Coal power ( which they ARE all using ) will be left behind for the grid carbon factor.

Follow this to the conclusion, and eventually the rich will be able to blame the poor for polluting the planet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back