Opinion Clinton Young and the run home

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Newcastle Jets, Cleveland Browns
Is due back in the VFL this weekend. Where do people see his position in the next couple of weeks?

I think he is still imperative to our chances this year, as his drive, run and carry can be a lethal weapon in September. Was starting to hit some form in the Adelaide game until he cruelly ripped the hammy in the remaining seconds.

Will a good performance see him come in for the final round against North Melbourne? Or has he left his run to late? If not, who do you see him replacing in the side?

He gave us a glimpse of what he could offer in the two games he played, but there have to be question marks over his ability to run out a game. Especially in finals. Then again, without the rigors of a full season - the knocks, bruises, niggles that just about every other player carries, his 'freshness' may be a blessing. How about as a September super sub?

He's in our best 22 if he can get anywhere near 100%, of that I have little doubt. He has only missed 3-4 weeks now since his latest setback so he may even be right to go next week against North.

Daisy going down again helps Young IMO, he can now take that spot in the 22.

Surely he's ahead of Seedsman and Sinclair for that mid sized rebound defender? Also doesn't hurt that he has a fair whack of finals experience under his belt which Sinkers and Seedsy don't (comparatively). Was gutted when he went down as I thought he was going to really bring something to the side this season.

Won't have the fitness to have a noticeable impact in the finals

I'd rather take in less skilled fit players than more skilled players with fitness and injury queries

Won't have the fitness to have a noticeable impact in the finals

I'd rather take in less skilled fit players than more skilled players with fitness and injury queries

I was thinking this aswell.

He's just missed too much football and would probably need to be subbed off.

Can I say a big NO.
I know I'm in the minority but I don't rate him in our best 22 when fit, let alone when he's half cooked.
Carry on.

Good enough to play in two Grand Finals for Hawks as recently as last season so I'm sure he could break into a side that's finishing 6/7th this year. ;)

Can I say a big NO.
I know I'm in the minority but I don't rate him in our best 22 when fit, let alone when he's half cooked.
Carry on.

So who would you put in ahead of Young?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PUT HIM AWAY FOR THE SEASON otherwise we will have another daisy on our hands. He won't make impact on finals because he will need 2 games in vfl and we won't be being him in in a final.

Learn from your mistakes collingwood and get him right for next season.

Seedsman, Martin, Didak. Oh hell, bloody anyone really.

I agree with Seedsman but he is ahead of Martin and Didak when Fully Fit. Didak is about Finished and Martin does not have the Weapon like Young does with his left foot

If he get through this week play him next week as the running half back

We looked dangerous with him flying through the wing and roosting the ball 55m forward

In the games that Young did play for us, to me it seemed he tried to do his own thing and say "this is how I did it at Hawthorn and don't question me" rather than just doing what the rest of our defenders were. I am excited by the fact that an ex-Hawthorn premiership player can be apart of our team but i just think he needs to be more of a team player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back