St-KriS

Club Legend
Jan 12, 2003
Gympie
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NY Knicks, QLD Bulls
How's Clive going this year? I can't say that I've seen many Freo matches this year, but I'm always interested in how Clive's going. Has he gone for any armless pack marks so far?

Had a shocker on the weekend, will probably be dropped and struggle to make his way back into the side.

Has been decent in other games.

I reckon this weekend should be used as trial for Clive. If he fails to perform in this match, maybe think about calling it a day. It's sad when a player is destroyed by a run of injuries. Let's hope he can play like he did Derby 2000 and prove us all wrong.

Originally posted by Farrand
I reckon this weekend should be used as trial for Clive. If he fails to perform in this match, maybe think about calling it a day. It's sad when a player is destroyed by a run of injuries. Let's hope he can play like he did Derby 2000 and prove us all wrong.
I reckon Clive has played his last game for Freo unless he has a 10 goal haul for Claremont on the back of a bad loss for Freo.

Realistically, this would be the best time for him to prove his worth, because if we drop him down to Claremont this weekend. He has a ten goal haul, we bring him back against the Saints and he's **** poor, then we all feel stupid because we could have put a player in who might have kicked a goal or two to edge us in front of St Kilda.
Give him this last chance I say, if he fails to prove himself, then I reckon its time to give it away. He's had his chances and he's failed to live up to them.

Realistically, this would be the best time for him to prove his worth, because if we drop him down to Claremont this weekend. He has a ten goal haul, we bring him back against the Saints and he's **** poor, then we all feel stupid because we could have put a player in who might have kicked a goal or two to edge us in front of St Kilda.
Give him this last chance I say, if he fails to prove himself, then I reckon its time to give it away. He's had his chances and he's failed to live up to them.

Clive is definatley out he struck out for the 5th time in a row , Carr and Hayden are coming back into the team someone else have to miss out who dont deserve it . Clive is one ????? is the 2nd & there will be calls for T Lo to be in the team!!! He wont be there either.

I say rest Carr one more week and have him ready for the Saints game. T-Lo definitely has to come in, no doubt about that. Same for Hayden, maybe drop Cunningham, though I'm liking his game. It's a tough one for sure. Don't want to drop Woods or Gilmore either.
In
T-Lo
Hayden
Out
Cunningham
J-Lo
No need for three potential rucks I suppose. Only way to sort out this problem is to extent the interchange bench, so I doubt that's going to happen. Even if we kick Clive out the problem remains. We want the same team but we want these guys in,
TLo
Hayden
Carr
Only people we can get rid of are Clive and Cunners. So who loses out when the rest always play brilliantly?

I say rest Carr one more week and have him ready for the Saints game. T-Lo definitely has to come in, no doubt about that. Same for Hayden, maybe drop Cunningham, though I'm liking his game. It's a tough one for sure. Don't want to drop Woods or Gilmore either.
In
T-Lo
Hayden
Out
Cunningham
J-Lo
No need for three potential rucks I suppose. Only way to sort out this problem is to extent the interchange bench, so I doubt that's going to happen. Even if we kick Clive out the problem remains. We want the same team but we want these guys in,
TLo
Hayden
Carr
Only people we can get rid of are Clive and Cunners. So who loses out when the rest always play brilliantly?

J Lo wont be dropped & Ritchie despite playing well last week is under pressure to keep his spot. Clive is gone ther is no way he will keep his spot , he is as gone as elvis , He is gone with the wind his is gone with my grandmothers RIP 1979 & 2000 GONE GONE GONE. Carr & Hayden will be in & The only way T Lo gets a game is if there is an injury out on the track. I even reckon Cunningham is a better option and offers more than T lo

Drop J-Lo??? Were we watching the same game on the weekend? Justin took a big step playing in the middle. Obviously CC wants to develop Simmonds in the forward line and is using Justin as the backup ruckman.

One thing I have been impressed with this year is when Justin has been in the ruck he has been able to find a team mate with his tap, Unlike last year it actually looks like the guys are in control in the middle and have some sort of formula going.

Clive I believe needs to be dropped, and yes I do believe he may have played his last game for Freo. For once Fremantle have had the depth to fall back onto and when a guy is not performing why pick him?? With T-Lo coming back the forward line will not be affect greatly by the loss of the crazyhorse.

Originally posted by masai
Carr will struggle to be fit.

In.

Hayden
TLo (junk yard dog!!)

Out.

Clive
Cunningham

What he said
Watched Clive at training last night, will even struggle with Claremont next week.
New kids are the future Murphy, Dunn, Peake, Edgecumbe are training the house down. Luke Webster is also back in full training, will probably resume playing (EP) in two weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was impressed with Justin on the weekend. I like his new role... rucking then going forward. Some of his taps in the ruck were amazing, especially the one to start the 3rd or 4th quarter.

Sometimes we forget how talented he is because he has sucked for the last 6 months.

Originally posted by Kenny_01
I was impressed with Justin on the weekend. I like his new role... rucking then going forward. Some of his taps in the ruck were amazing, especially the one to start the 3rd or 4th quarter.

Sometimes we forget how talented he is because he has sucked for the last 6 months.

He is more suited to what he is doing now for sure.
Much as I love Clive I don't think he will get a gig this week. Who else goes out is a lottery and whoever misses out will be very stiff.

Agreed, JLo seemed to have regained some confidence and seemed to like the open spaces.

Originally posted by Freo Hitman
I even reckon Cunningham is a better option and offers more than T lo

Is that the same Cunningham that kicks around corners and has done so since he was a Colts player at Claremont? the same dumb Cunningham that makes nearly as many mistakes as Clive? If you reckon he is a better option than T Lo then please enlighten me!

Originally posted by Freo Hitman
I reckon Clive has played his last game for Freo unless he has a 10 goal haul for Claremont on the back of a bad loss for Freo.

Couldn't agree more. How did he ever get to play 100 AFL games?

Originally posted by mick ryan
Couldn't agree more. How did he ever get to play 100 AFL games?
By actually being pretty good.
He is our clubs alltime leading goal scorer with 174, well ahead the only other 100 goal kickers, Mods and Jlo on 148 and 110 each.
Even on goals/game he's 6th with 1.7, behind Mods (3.1), Groom (2.6), Hunter (2.1), Hutton (2.1) and Medders (2.0). ie he's ahead of Croad, Winnie, Wiz, JLo, Mann and Pav and everyone else who's ever played for us.
In 98, 99, 00 he kicked 30, 42 and 53 goals... then only played 6 games in 01 and none in 02.

I'm glad he got to the 100, but agree that unless he can consistantly kick bags in the WAFL, we are better off with TLo for now, and maybe one of the kids later on.

Thanks for everything Clive.

CC has given him time to come back into it, so I don't think we've seen the last of Clive. Probably play after the Saints game. I don't see why we should drop Cunningham, he's really coming into his own now. Solid performances over the last two weeks, I can definitely see him breaking into the side again.

It's taken them long enough to wake up that the ruck is his go. Thats where he played his best football as a junior.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back