Toast Clokey ripping fella!

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 26, 2008
Somewhere
AFL Club
Collingwood
Happened to walk past my living room last night while that show that used to be good called the footy show was on. I stopped to listen as they asked Clokey about the pies. His response was incredibly respectful to our club and just shows what a ripping dude Trav is. He mentioned he still loves the footy club and that he feels for the footy club. He also said once he finishes at the Western Bulldogs he will always be a Collingwood person. May just be words but he never once has bagged the pies (more than I can say for his old man). Love Clokey and miss him (even though Fasolo is trying to remind us of the frustration with clokeys moments :)).

Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders
To start with Cloke's issue was never "the club". Also what should we reasonably expect of him in that situation? He was hardly going to dump on the club the way his dad did on national TV.

In terms of the how and why he left. He was gone as soon as the powers that be put him through the ruck. He's no miracle worker and wouldn't be bridging the gap in terms of our set shot conversion, but he would at least be easing the burden on Moore in a manner that Cox and White can't because he has a presence.

It's a shame we had to part ways, but it all came down to the systems we employ where we overemphasise pressure. He didn't fit that mantra and was on the outer because of it. If we'd made the shift in the way we play early last year he'd still be with us, but what's done is done.

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
To start with Cloke's issue was never "the club". Also what should we reasonably expect of him in that situation? He was hardly going to dump on the club the way his dad did on national TV.

In terms of the how and why he left. He was gone as soon as the powers that be put him through the ruck. He's no miracle worker and wouldn't be bridging the gap in terms of our set shot conversion, but he would at least be easing the burden on Moore in a manner that Cox and White can't because he has a presence.

It's a shame we had to part ways, but it all came down to the systems we employ where we overemphasise pressure. He didn't fit that mantra and was on the outer because of it. If we'd made the shift in the way we play early last year he'd still be with us, but what's done is done.

I thought he left because he likes hugs............apparently Beveridge gives good hugs and Bucks doesn't! :)

Was a shame that his form dropped off & he had to go.
We are lacking a strong marking forward at the moment.
Premiership player who absolutely dominated contested marking for a few years.
When he went for the ball, you just knew he would mark it !
Now we only hope that someone (up forward) can hold a mark.
Also loved his goals from the boundary line & his strong man fist pumps.
Gave his all for the club.
I respect him & am glad he chose Collingwood above Richmond.
He will always be a Collingwood player in my eyes.
Can't believe that people pot this guy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bad Horse

Petfood
Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019 Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Steph Chiocci 2017
Mar 26, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
I thought he left because he likes hugs............apparently Beveridge gives good hugs and Bucks doesn't! :)

I too appreciate the kind of hug that beverages provide. I'm hugging a bottle of tequila right now.

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I too appreciate the kind of hug that beverages provide. I'm hugging a bottle of tequila right now.

05131339_51906e92c5e56_horiz_medium.jpg

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Was a shame that his form dropped off & he had to go.
We are lacking a strong marking forward at the moment.
Premiership player who absolutely dominated contested marking for a few years.
When he went for the ball, you just knew he would mark it !
Now we only hope that someone (up forward) can hold a mark.
Also loved his goals from the boundary line & his strong man fist pumps.
Gave his all for the club.
I respect him & am glad he chose Collingwood above Richmond.
He will always be a Collingwood player in my eyes.
Can't believe that people pot this guy.
Was a fine servant of the club.
Too me his decline began when he no longer was the contested marking beast of yesteryear.
His great point of difference, just isn't what it was.
Also had a fine tank, likely still dies ofcourse but seems a yard slower. We all age

MISFITS

All Australian
Dec 2, 2010
Northcote
AFL Club
Collingwood
A confidence player.
Always was.
Frustrated me early days with his built like Tarzan plays like Jane style.
Then he turned it around.
By God was he good.
Lost confidence and form.
Got targeted. Bit of a scapegoat.
Got moved on.
The move was for the best.

Good luck Clokey
There is a parking spot (Gary Perts)
Waiting for you anytime you wish to visit the Lexus centre.

Geez, for a moment there I was coming in to defend Abba Lonie and couldn't believe Magpie Girl liked it.
Then I opened my eyes properly!
I liked Abba Lonie both posts, quick to respond to himself. Kudos.:thumbsu:
Hard to like the second one without the first.

I didn't see it but if it is as reported, well done to him and really even when he left it wasn't with any animosity.

Last edited:
He's a ******* muppet, dumb as dog s**t, if he couldn't play football he would work at a super market collecting trolleys.
... causes me to wonder how you're earning a living, Einstein -- if indeed you are. I would speculate on cleaning toilets, but I wouldn't want to be disrespectful to the people who do so.

Bad Horse

Petfood
Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019 Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Steph Chiocci 2017
Mar 26, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood

Frank Gallagher

Diamond Encrusted Unobtainium Premium Member
Aug 26, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
... causes me to wonder how you're earning a living, Einstein -- if indeed you are. I would speculate on cleaning toilets, but I wouldn't want to be disrespectful to the people who do so.

Nothing wrong with cleaning toilets, and, you already were disrespectful to those who do, as was I and I apologise, was in very poor taste.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back