Toast Clokey ripping fella!

Remove this Banner Ad

Should have been a one club player with us. Had the pleasure of watching his last great game for us against GWS in Sydney. Took some nice marks right in front of me.

Helps when you have a very sticky Glove

This thread is a good excuse to post this ripper pic I took of Clokey playing at Vic Park last year. Has a very retrospective old timely kind of feel.
hbIb8jx.jpg

He will always be a pies premiership player and deserves to be treated as such (when his career is over anyway;)).
Great photo, but for a left footer, that stance/set-up just looks all out of whack. No wonder he's so hit and miss.

This thread is a good excuse to post this ripper pic I took of Clokey playing at Vic Park last year. Has a very retrospective old timely kind of feel.
hbIb8jx.jpg

He will always be a pies premiership player and deserves to be treated as such (when his career is over anyway;)).

Poor bastard. You can almost see the agony of his mental processes upon his face. He's trying to follow everyone's advice about kicking for goal, trying to get his head around their suggestion that he not 'overthink it'.

But I love the man. He frustrated me, and watching his kick for goal sail through in Round 1 was a dagger in me, but he's one of ours and he's a decent bloke and he's not at all as vague as he sometimes seems. I don't think so, anyway.

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Was a shame that his form dropped off & he had to go.
We are lacking a strong marking forward at the moment.
Premiership player who absolutely dominated contested marking for a few years.
When he went for the ball, you just knew he would mark it !
Now we only hope that someone (up forward) can hold a mark.
Also loved his goals from the boundary line & his strong man fist pumps.
Gave his all for the club.
I respect him & am glad he chose Collingwood above Richmond.
He will always be a Collingwood player in my eyes.
Can't believe that people pot this guy.

Did you watch him much in 2015/2016?

The exact opposite of "giving his all for the club".. but i guess the facts are forgotten once he leaves.

The exact opposite of "giving his all for the club".. but i guess the facts are forgotten once he leaves.

So what?

I could give that reply to literally every single posts of yours.

So what?

So why should Cloke's form in his last two years detract from how his overall career is viewed?

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
So why should Cloke's form in his last two years detract from how his overall career is viewed?

Because his final 2 years is part of his career? And considering the amount of our salary cap he was taking up despite giving half hearted performances it's a rather major factor in analysing his career.

Good player but quite a poor end, and Cloke has mostly himself to blame for that.

Most people also now conveniently forget the whole 5 year contract circus that helped to derail our season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because his final 2 years is part of his career? And considering the amount of our salary cap he was taking up despite giving half hearted performances it's a rather major factor in analysing his career.

Good player but quite a poor end, and Cloke has mostly himself to blame for that.

Most people also now conveniently forget the whole 5 year contract circus that helped to derail our season

Nobody here has forgotten any of that stuff. It's just that some people understand the concept of a toast thread.

biggiemediums

Norm Smith Medallist
WCE Wings Guernsey
Jul 20, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood

You really think that Cloke's contract really did anything to derail the season? I couldn't disagree more. Almost all the Cloke contract bullshit was external hoohah. Doubt it did anything to the coaching/playing group.

Here's a straight up fact. Since we lost Cloke we have the worst forward line in 20 years. Even a 50% Cloke is better than what we have going now.

Yes I did. Doesn't change my view of him or what he achieved for us during his peak years.
The 'facts' are clear...& I thank him for his fantastic contribution over his career.
He has served the club well.
Look forward to judging you at the end of your career/life...I'm sure you won't decline with age.

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yes I did. Doesn't change my view of him or what he achieved for us during his peak years.
The 'facts' are clear...& I thank him for his fantastic contribution over his career.
He has served the club well.
Look forward to judging you at the end of your career/life...I'm sure you won't decline with age.

My problem is there was some games he clearly wasn't trying his hardest in. For someone on his pay cheque at AFL level that's unacceptable.

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
You really think that Cloke's contract really did anything to derail the season? I couldn't disagree more. Almost all the Cloke contract bullshit was external hoohah. Doubt it did anything to the coaching/playing group.

Here's a straight up fact. Since we lost Cloke we have the worst forward line in 20 years. Even a 50% Cloke is better than what we have going now.

You don't think the playing group reads the paper, watches the news or does media/radio interviews where they get constantly asked about if a teammate is leaving? You think players are robots who this has no impact on?

MagpieBat

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Ruby
Jan 22, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL, #TeamBatman
Great photo, but for a left footer, that stance/set-up just looks all out of whack. No wonder he's so hit and miss.

Ironically enough, from memory he kicked that one...

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sweeney's Shaving Team...
hbIb8jx.jpg

unusual photo where trav is lining up to kick right footed....

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
Should have been a one club player with us. Had the pleasure of watching his last great game for us against GWS in Sydney. Took some nice marks right in front of me.
Same, he was one my favourites watching live because of his marks and I hoping he'd fire that day. Fair to say I wasn't disappointed.

MagpieBat

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Ruby
Jan 22, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL, #TeamBatman
Yeah, the glove is reason why we actually kicked it to his advantage and the reason why he manhandled his opponents.:rolleyes:

And it was the reason why he actually got off the ground to jump at it as well.

Fair amount of magic in that glove. No wonder the AFL outlawed it...:drunk:

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
This thread needs more PicaBoo :D

Hope all is good mate!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back