Toast Clokey ripping fella!

Remove this Banner Ad

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood

DrDavoren

Club Legend
Aug 23, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
He's a ******* muppet, dumb as dog s**t, if he couldn't play football he would work at a super market collecting trolleys.
What does that matter, takes all sorts.
Was instrumental in our last flag and seemed genuinely liked by all at the club.
Good to see he still cares.
As for David, can't blame a dad for looking out for his own.

Show some respect

Sorry to intrude. Not trolling (well not my definition of it anyway).
Just saw that woman in front of Joffa cheering for Travis when he kicked his first goal for us. All class I thought.

I know it gets up your gander when someone leaves (e.g. Callan Ward, that Griffen thing), but honestly I think Travis will always be a Maggie deep down.

He's doing a job for us at the mo (well would be if not for injury), but I look at Doug Hawkins who cracked it and took off on us & played a season with Lions before retiring. Does anyone associate him with Lions? Nah.

Anyway, I have a soft spot for the Maggies (love the son of a gun 'Picko'), so please take this in the light it was intended.

Plus, we all know the most hated side in the league isn't you guys, it's Essendon - blah!

Shows what a Dickhead David Cloke is OR Travis was just being Nice
Dave, I thought long and hard before I posted in this thread.
We are all too quick to throw Trav into the same basket as his old man, but they are polar opposites.

His dad was never a Collingwood man, we bought him with pieces of silver.
He deserted his club to play for pay. He was a mercenary.

Travis is Collingwood through and through and we let him go, but still he publicly announces his love for the club and why not?

He is a Collingwood Premiership player, the rarest of the rare.

He should have been a one club player and desperately wanted to be.

If blame has to be apportioned, it rests with us...Collingwood, you and I included, because we are what makes Collingwood a club.
That Travis stays loyal after the way we treated him is exemplary, that he stays loyal after the way we cast aside two of his brothers is manifestly amazing.

Travis, like Daisy and The Boot, may have gone on different paths for varying reasons, but for a magical moment in time they did more for Collingwood than a fistful of players you may consider far, far greater.

I am considerably older than you Dave, but hope that both of us can share just one more year like 2010.

I have lived through countless heartbreaks, attended 2 draws, and then 1990 and 2010 success, it's so rare but beautifully satisfying.

I don't own it or even deserve it....I "steal" it from the players and the Club....

If it was common place it would be so much less gratifying.

It's addictive, illusive and unobtainable all at the same time....otherwise it would be boring.
It's why we waste our time posting on a footy forum......

Someone like Travis will have to be at the club for that to happen...no matter how far in the future that may be.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back