pOleK

Professional Couch Observer
Oct 27, 2014
Tbar
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
FC Barcelona, Atlanta Hawks
Just finished reading it and things just seem to be getting worse for the lions.

Looks like it might be an interesting test case if a biomechanist determines the artificial turf did play a part.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...d-stadium-injury/story-fnia3y5g-1227303926760

I wonder if there's a ploy to use any kind of result here into removing the Gabba pitch.

I think that their claim is probably more related to the fact that theres a lip there where the two surfaces meet which may have contributed. In hindsight I'm surprised its taken this long. Having two different surfaces right where a player could land taking a mark seems a bit silly really. Not sure why it wouldn't be a few metres back.

Keep the money.......give us another first round pick......bout number 1. Not too much to ask is it?

Frustrating to think that a tiny piece of sinew in the middle of the knee can cause so much agony.

Maybe they should reschedule all Lions games from Etihad to the Gabba until this is sorted out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am sure that our Melbourne based brethren would find that idea absolutely fascinating - perhaps the MCG might be a better option?

I think what aflqld meant was have the games at the gabba and fly all and any melbourne supporters up here free of charge all inclusive :D

I think what aflqld meant was have the games at the gabba and fly all and any melbourne supporters up here free of charge all inclusive :D

Where we could almost guarantee that one of our ruckmen would take the opportunity to do a knee on the lip between the grass and the pitch at the Gabba just to drive home the point!

I can understand why Close might have a case against the stadium, but it seems like we also had an obligation to make sure the ground and the positioning of the artificial turf was safe before we sent our employees out there to potentially get injured on it.

Not sure this is a direction we want to go.

I can understand why Close might have a case against the stadium, but it seems like we also had an obligation to make sure the ground and the positioning of the artificial turf was safe before we sent our employees out there to potentially get injured on it.

Not sure this is a direction we want to go.

Disagree a bit. Would think our agreement/obligations with AFL/stadiums don't give us sufficient control and that we rely on the AFL/stadiums to provide safe and proper facilities which are fit for the purpose of conducting games of AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back