Jascave

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2005
Sandringham
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Hampton Rovers
If my optimistic prediction is right, somewhere around then.

But I reckon probably around 10 more likely
At least it won't be like what CNN in the US had to deal with in the 2000 US presidential election, when their election night coverage started around 11am (AEDST). Normally we in Australia would've had the US election result around 4-5pm; but on that day, the election night coverage was still going at about 9:00pm which was about 4:00am in the morning in the US. Correct me if I'm wrong, but was it something to do with the vote in Florida, which got the Supreme Court involved in 'Bush v Gore'?

At least it won't be like what CNN in the US had to deal with in the 2000 US presidential election, when their election night coverage started around 11am (AEDST). Normally we in Australia would've had the US election result around 4-5pm; but on that day, the election night coverage was still going at about 9:00pm which was about 4:00am in the morning in the US. Correct me if I'm wrong, but was it something to do with the vote in Florida, which got the Supreme Court involved in 'Bush v Gore'?

Hanging chads in Florida.

Hanging chads in Florida.
The idiot brigade have been seeding Trumpist big lie rubbish for weeks now and as best I can see vote with a pen seems to be the best they can make stick which lacks a bit of punch if you ask me in comparison what their daddy managed. Pauline Hanson and Craig Kelly are going to moan about what happens anyway regardless of who wins Saturday and their supporters will lap it up.

Johnny Bananas

Premiership Player Hater
Sep 10, 2010
Next door
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Labor 78, LNP 63, others 10.

Labor to win Bass, Braddon, Boothby, Pearce, Swan, Chisholm, Higgins, Reid, Ryan, Longman and Leichhardt.

LNP to win Hughes.

Greens to win Brisbane and Griffith.

Independents to win Goldstein and Kooyong.

Mr Potato Head to retain Dickson by less than 200 votes.

Last edited:

Jascave

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2005
Sandringham
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Hampton Rovers
We could be in for a much closer race to the Lodge than many people expected. Noticing Anthony Albanese's press conference yesterday, wondering is the pressure and strain of the last few weeks now beginning to tell on him?

Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
3 days til voting opens and we have 34 entries. Given the popularity of this comp a few double ups are in and probably a few more will be unavoidable.

In the event of a tie, multiple winners will be awarded.

Thanks.

Jascave

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2005
Sandringham
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Hampton Rovers
Expect the election count to be a lot closer than many people thought it would be. Scott Morrison is now narrowing the gap on Anthony Albanese according to the latest opinion polls.

One thing to watch out for is which newspapers across Australia has endorsed either Morrison or Albanese in their election day editorials.

One thing to watch out for is which newspapers across Australia has endorsed either Morrison or Albanese in their election day editorials.
Are you serious?

The most difficult will be to find one that isn't going for Morrison.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jascave

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2005
Sandringham
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Hampton Rovers
Wondering what is the betting markets (ie TAB Sportsbet, Ladbrokes) saying about the federal election? Are we heading either for a change in government, or a hung parliament scenario?

Achy Blakey Heart

Premium Platinum
Jun 29, 2011
Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Celtics,Red Sox,Patriots,Dragons,
Expect the election count to be a lot closer than many people thought it would be. Scott Morrison is now narrowing the gap on Anthony Albanese according to the latest opinion polls.

Given the landslide predictions in here, I expect complete melts if Scomo gets over the line.

Given the AEC is now permitted to open pre-poll ballot boxes from 4pm on election day to sort and unfold ballot papers. Counting won't start until 6pm, but the extra time for unfolding. We still may have a result on election night with only the postal votes to come.

Given the AEC is now permitted to open pre-poll ballot boxes from 4pm on election day to sort and unfold ballot papers. Counting won't start until 6pm, but the extra time for unfolding. We still may have a result on election night with only the postal votes to come.

Not with 20-25% being postal votes

Jascave

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2005
Sandringham
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Hampton Rovers
If Scott Morrison somehow wins the election on Saturday night, watch for the Labor Party to completely implode big time.

At least Anthony Albanese won't have to worry about a leadership spill within the Labor Party if he loses, because former PM Kevin Rudd changed the rules on leadership challenges in the Labor Party after the Rudd v Gillard disaster.

If Scott Morrison somehow wins the election on Saturday night, watch for the Labor Party to completely implode big time.

At least Anthony Albanese won't have to worry about a leadership spill within the Labor Party if he loses, because former PM Kevin Rudd changed the rules on leadership challenges in the Labor Party after the Rudd v Gillard disaster.
Albo would probably step down unless no one else wanted the job.

And to be fair, if he lost this election combined with the 2019 election, who would want it?

Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond

Not sure about imploding. The factions are relatively stable and if Albo stepped down, Jason Clare is a smooth operator.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back