Competitions Closest to the Pin - Slice and Dyson wins!

29 for me at the moment, might change that once teams come out.

I'm super curious what un_eggs will do, given D_P_S and bgt2110 have already put theirs in. un_eggs has 1 point on D_P_S, who is 5 points clear of bgt, but bgt has tipped 9 points higher and could overtake D_P_S if we win by more than 33 :eek:

There's a few close on your tails too, which reminds me of motor racing :p when the guys at the front are preoccupied with each other, they don't get as far ahead of the pack and are easier to reel back in than if one gets away by themselves.

So you're assuming we aren't going to make it?... It is a 50-50 atm, so fair enough
I set it up as 23 rounds when we started and it wouldn't be fair to change the rules at this point. People strategise based on how many rounds are left and how much risk they want to take, like you might think you have a 25 point advantage on someone that is unlikely to be made up over the next two weeks, so you don't worry about them and instead worry about someone who is more of a threat. If you're 50 points off first and it's the last round, then you might guess 51 points different from them in the off chance that you might get past them.

What might be fun maybe next year is to have end of round 23 as a top ten qualifying point, zero all the scores and then the top 10 or something go in a sort of shoot out scenario through the finals. I dunno. First year of this comp so it could probably do with some refining :p

Back