Media Cloud Cover: Today's Qooty Stars React To Their Old Posts - feat. Ant Bear

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Arsenal
Too good an idea to be 1 and done

6331i0l.gif

Cloud_ pls

Too good an idea to be 1 and done

6331i0l.gif

Cloud_ pls
Sorry life's been hectic on me the past couple of weeks. I'll try to get another one out soon.

Reportedly all the big stars have knocked him back.

Not sure a Sterge Cloud Cover would be a big ratings hit.
It's quite daunting to be fair, once your old s**t posts are revealed no one will ever perceive you quite the same way. Most would probably prefer such posts be buried deep within the crevices of history.

Reportedly all the big stars have knocked him back.

Not sure a Sterge Cloud Cover would be a big ratings hit.

If all my posts are s**t then I don't need to worry about anyone digging up old ones

It's quite daunting to be fair, once your old s**t posts are revealed no one will ever perceive you quite the same way. Most would probably prefer such posts be buried deep within the crevices of history.
I was quality from the start. Don't bother with mine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was quality from the start. Don't bother with mine.
I tried to look at your old posts but after the recent rules crackdown on smut, profanity and gore I found they've all been deleted.

The long awaited second edition will be posted later today, I can now reveal that the next guest to be featured is the always controversial reigning premiership captain, HaroLad. Stay tuned.

8ECE778A8C5FE819F399AC618680384B8BD0E6C2

I think it would have a greater impact if you did this for posters who have improved over time
He has. Doesn't post as much these days.

Cloud_: Hello everyone and welcome again to Cloud Cover: Today's Qooty Stars React To Their Old Posts. This week we're joined by a very special guest; he made his debut in Season 18 for the West Coast Wonders and immediately made an impression, his antagonism seeing him voted the League's Worst Bloke in Season 18 and 19. He would eventually settle in Baghdad, spearheading a rebrand and rebuild cumulating in premiership success, and become a centrepiece for controversy and drama in the Sweet FA. Welcome Bombers Premiership Captain HaroLad!

HaroLad: no.

Oh, and what you didn't include is that I signed for the Gumbies in S17 but never played a game and was subsequently delisted.

C: Firstly, when you made your debut in Season 18 there was a lot happening at the time with the Warriors and Bears coming in and the league expanding to 12 teams. How did you come to find the Sweet FA and describe how you remembered it when you first started. Was the league very different back then?

HL: My perception of the league back then is greatly altered due in part to the fact that I was very much a different person than I am today, and seeing the league through naive eyes really changed the experience.

I remember being initially very intimidated by much of it, as most who posted at that time will say it was the greatest period in the history of the league, and as soon as I was identified as an easy target I quickly became the bad guy of the league, with frequent meltdowns.

The league was different, only due to the fact that like anything different people means it had a different feel to it, but there wasn't anything particularly distinct that made it different from today.

C: You mentioned your very brief stay at the Gumbies, so let's take a moment to touch on that. Here are a few posts relating to that fiasco.

Alright peterss I'm back for good! Someone made an account with a name similar to mine, and started flogging up the FJGD board, and my account was accidentally banned, and mods say they can't get it back.
Gumby-1-.jpg

HaroCant || will see what we can do....we actually delisted you but shall see about reinstating you to our list.

Hey guys can I still play? Go Gumbies!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our list of 30 players is full and if I am honest trouble seems to follow you mate and it does not interest the Gumbies

I have no idea what that means. I got banned accidentally by mods and people accused me of using two accounts. Both which I can't help

It's a tough introduction to the league, how do you feel looking back at this? Do you think your experience at Gumbies in Season 17 played a part in you becoming an easy target when you eventually made your debut?

HL: I don't feel spiteful in the slightest, peterss clearly made an error in judgement in giving a future Hall of Famer the flick and was truly the beginning of the end for him, as he began to suffer from whiplash.

My short stint at the Gumbies was quite uneventful and most don't know I joined in S17, and I have nobody to blame but myself for becoming the bad guy of the league as I sought to bring attention to myself and my campaign to bring down Citroin and the Bears in every way possible.

Also, if anyone was wondering the person who began mass spamming the FGJD board on an alias was Citroin, and my account was 'accidentally' permabanned by the mods.

C: Now that you mention Citroin and the Bears, it does appear that they were a major rival of yourself initially as you dedicated multiple media threads to them.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/breaking-citroin-set-to-join-swamprats.1073571/
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/bears-win-the-wooden-spoon.1080364/
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/citroin-unhappy-at-the-bears.1080792/

There was a fair bit of unfriendly feedback in the response to these threads from posters in the league. Did you intend to attract that kind of reaction? Explain for us the thinking behind these.

HL: No, I was legitimately delusional enough to think that those threads were at an acceptable standard and were worthy of praise.

Citroin was my point of connection with the league at that time so I decided to focus on him in my earlier threads, to little avail.

The responses I was receiving started to get to me, thankfully a few people messaged me in private to help me out otherwise I might've given the league up.

C: We're sure glad it didn't pan out that way. These sentiments seem to reflect those expressed in a media thread a little further down the track.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/harolad-doleo.1087017/

This seems to be a bit of self-critique of your own posting style at the time, would you like to provide a bit of context behind this thread?

HL: This would have been just after the S18 Wonders B&F.

I had a bit of a meltdown because Golumless won the best rookie award over me, despite the fact that he had only joined a few weeks prior to the season concluding. As I was the only other rookie, who had posted numerically well for the whole season, I felt it was a deliberate act of disrespect and spat the dummy.

I was stating that I had been pretentious and attention seeking all throughout the season, and that I would change, only for me to return to my old ways in a number of weeks, which in turn led to my delisting.

1/2

Last edited:
C: We won't cover the reasons of your delisting too much because most of it related to events on another board, but as we can see with this ClarkeMedia thread:

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/clarkemedia-presents-its-me-or-him.1095282/

And later on this thread by yourself:

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/mr-lad-goes-to-washington.1096695/

ClarkeM evidently had a big part to play in the decision to get rid of you. Describe your relationship with ClarkeM in your time at the Wonders.

HL: SSwans2011 and others will claim the ClarkeM thread was entirely coincidental and had little to do with my delisting, but I don't believe that and I think it added pressure on the leadership group.

I had a good relationship with him for much of my time there, appearing on podcasts and such alongside him. Eventually though I began to subtly take the piss out of him, as he began to make audacious claims about me (called me racist once, don't know why, wanted me gone for that too), and in the weeks leading up to that eventful day our relationship began to deteriorate quickly.

C: It's certainly very unfortunate in the way it played out. The tone's getting a bit solemn in here so let's move onto a lighter note and take a look at a few of your match thread zingers from early on.

Aw, snookums.

A "no, you"?

I'm sure you'll get plenty of satisfaction seeing your name pop up two or three times in a Qooty sim but I'm afraid you're just not up to scratch banter-wise.

At least you tried :thumbsu:
Better posters than you have already mastered that one. Don't bother.
I'll master your butthole in a second

This is something that may or may not get me banned

Seven seasons on, did you ever get around to mastering The Filth Wizard's butthole?

HL: Unfortunately I'm not in the Boys Club just yet, but when they finally let me in I'm sure it'll be part of the initiation.

C: Hey look, you were doing the North Korean dictator thing even DapperJong came along.

Are you a middle child Jenny?
No, I'm Kim Jong-il's 32nd son.
So that would make you Kim Jong-ill XXXII..?

s**t, you sound like a communist friendly version of the Super Bowl...
I am Kim Long Ding Dong XI
So XI is the length of your Ding Dong is millimetres. Right?
Ding Dong is a traditional Korean food. That's plain racist assuming my name was the length of my private part. My people are extremely offended.

HL: I haven't really changed a bit in all these years, my posting is still as stale as it was back then.

The only difference is that I tried back then and now I try and make it look like I don't try.

C: Suppose the good thing is that the league's tastes are always evolving and nowadays your posting is considered good enough to be a Top 7 poster. :thumbsu:
We'll do one more of these, as you said before one of the biggest topics of your posting content is your arguments with your brother Citroin, which is why we can't end this until we review one of your arguments.

Something tells me the average age of Hawks players is 12...

Holy s**t!!!!

What a way to enter a thread, get confronted with this..

Does it hurt that deeply that the Hawks have the far superior brother?

#geauxhawks
#donthehash

No, because I'm not the one with the two least viewed media threads of all time.
View attachment 118251

I just saw HaroLad typing that up on the computer. But since I'm ignoring him, I'll have to undo my bid to ignore him to see the post.

Hahaha. Name one thread you've produced that people didn't bag and actually liked? Biggest Winners and Losers lost interest pretty quickly after you hailed bffl. Does it hurt that no one rates you?

ClarkeM rates me. But I don't think I'll be handing out blowies left, right and centre to get people to 'rate' me, like you do.

Also, some of my media threads.

Biggest/Winners Losers: 9 likes on first review and 3rd biggest media thread of the offseason.
SFA Video Game: 8 likes on OP including you.

And your Urban Dictionary one was a copy of BigJoeD s idea, and the only thing you were ******* doing was copying and pasting from urban dictionary. I'd give you some credit if you thought of the idea yourself, but you actually did **** all, and suddenly people think you're the better brother.

People probably only say this because of the cringe-worthy threads I would make about you, and yes, they were s**t. BUT if everyone knew about your past account on the FJGD and all the s**t you use to do, you'd already have had a #leomeltdown

Biggest Winners and s**t was actually s**t. After the first 2 it was s**t. Video game was pretty good I'll admit. You're a Leo replica. You have to be the one who hates on stuff. I'm sure Clarkey loves you. If we had a poll, to test who the better brother was I would win. FJGD stuff wasn't even me, it was you logging onto my account and posting mean s**t. But that's your style I guess. If you learned to be nice, I'm sure someone would rate you. It wasn't BigJoeD's idea. I posted all the s**t in the SFA discuss thread and he said, "You got yourself a thread there son!" And even though it wasn't his entire idea, I still acknowledged him, because I rate BJD. I don't rate you. My Game Day interviews (without boasting lads) normally go quite well, but the one I did with you only got like 5 likes. It was a pretty good interview but it didn't get any likes because it's you.
If people think I'm the better brother then that's what we're arguing about isn't it?

You can't win arguments with a 5 year old.

Citroin ignore me now.

How do you feel about this particular exchange? Who was really the better brother back then?

HL: Reading this exchange makes me cringe. Hard. But I don't think anyone could honestly say that at any point Citroin was the better poster. More liked, sure. But better? No.

C: Finally, in your own words, describe for us the evolution of HaroLad, the lessons you picked up about succeeding in this league along the way, and what advice would you have for rookies new to the Sweet FA?

HL: The league is a complicated place at times, aplenty in little cliques that make it up. I've spent years learning the intricacies of the league, but my change in posting style can't really be attributed to the league at all. I've become more cynical, but in a better and more passive aggressive fashion. In essence I posses the same qualities I did years ago, just I'm better now.

The best advice I could give a rookie is that you should make sure everyone knows who you are, especially the captains. Because more often than not it's the most well known rookies who polls the best in the EKA.

C: Thank you very much for coming on for this edition of Cloud Cover: Today's Qooty Stars React To Their Old Posts HaroLad and best of luck in the Bombers' premiership defense.

For those that have come to the league recently and haven't seen them before, HaroLad previously did quite a successful series of Infographic media threads. Here are the links to a few:

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/the-sfa-infographic-the-her-system.1101156/
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/the-sfa-infographic-unluckiest-teams.1107485/
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/the-sfa-infographic-leo-interview-spammiest-teams.1110091/

Be sure to check them out if you get the chance and give them some love.

That's all for today, be sure to join us next time as we dig up the interesting past of more big name personalities in the Sweet FA.

2/2

I didn't say that, you said *enter generic greeting here* and I left it.
By leaving it there, I presumed it was an instruction for me to enter something.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back