News Club Champion 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

The backline seems to have been judged reasonably harshly with Lester, Rich, Birchall and Starcevich all missing out on the top 10.
Performance was only one of the criteria. Take Zorko - purely from performance I did not think he had a great year (more than likely because I am poor judge) but perhaps he excelled in all of the other criteria.

The backline seems to have been judged reasonably harshly with Lester, Rich, Birchall and Starcevich all missing out on the top 10.

All of them missed at least one game through injury, some more than that. With only 19 games (including finals) missing a couple will impact you. Harris again missed out on a top 5 finish due to injury.

Weird that Dizzy finished top 10. I was told we needed to drop him multiple times during the season.

So who didn't make the top 10 despite playing most games; McStay, McCarthy, Rayner, Berry, Robinson, Ah Chee, Birchall, Starcevich, Lester and Rich

Then I guess we had a second ruck/key forward and small forward/midfield rotation positions that were rotated a bit.

Rayner was well and truly entrenched in the top 10 midway but looks as though he dropped off/was overtaken by the end.

Not sure about entrenched but Rayner, Birchall, Lester, Rich and Berry were all top 10 at one stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back