Club Colours that are OFF THEIR NUT

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm definitely a fan of original jumper designs - although the rules of common sense and taste continue to apply!!

Someone up Newcastle way wears yellow with a blue sash, doesn't look too bad - I think I remember seeing the Black Diamond AFL rep squad wearing it.

Originally posted by pazza
All I have to say is...heaven help us if St. Kevins and Old Westbourne are in the same grade and/or Whitefriars and Werribee Amateurs!!!!

The VAFA make the away side wear an alternate guernsey in such instances. Eg. we (St Marys) have a set of reverse-colours jumpers (black with gold trim). We wore them in a practise match this year, not sure why as it was against Swinburne - maybe the powers that be wanted to feel like the jumpers were getting a decent run...

Originally posted by timelord
HEY HEY HEY!!!

Lay off the green, black and white combination, Scarecrow! That's Donvale's colours!! (Think St.Kilda guernsey - the one with the cross design - but replace the red with green)

Anyone dissing the Vale's jumper in my presence does so at their peril! That's as bad as tearing down the hill (read: take away the grog) at Prospect right in Wedgie's face! ;)

(Just being a nut case, Wedge!)

It's not really the colours, it's the style of the jumper, if it was like the old St. Kilda jumper where the colours were in 3 stripes it wouldn't be so bad. But that jumper just looks odd, maybe if it was more like the old Newtown jumper, with the green with a gold "V" and add a black and white logo to it.

Originally posted by Richoagain
I'm definitely a fan of original jumper designs - although the rules of common sense and taste continue to apply!!

Someone up Newcastle way wears yellow with a blue sash, doesn't look too bad - I think I remember seeing the Black Diamond AFL rep squad wearing it.

If that's navy blue, Richo - Strathmore wear the same guernsey in the Essendon District FL.

35.gif

Add Glenorchy's colours, and it could be a decent jumper for the Storm.

Essendon Grammar's jumper is probably my favourite in all honesty.

this year they might win a grand final instead of being runners up and being promoted. They won the the club 18 grand final a few weeks ago so luck on there side.

Yellow with a blue sash used to be Raymond Terrace - who only fielded junior sides.

Nelsons Bay Marlins wore the old West Torrens guernsey - blue with a yellow sash, but may have changed to yellow/blue - it's been a few years since I played up there.

Newcastle City were Carlton, Wyong/Collingwood, Killarney Vale/Essendon, Warners Bay/Bulldogs, Cardiff/Hawthorn, except maroon rather than brown, LAke Macquarie/Adelaide, Terrigal/St Kilda, Gosford/Richmond, West Newcastle/Melbourne - my old club but they have folded, Woy Woy/South Melbourne - my other old club

When I first moved to Adelaide in 1982, I played for Lenswood Ranges in the Hills FL, Red & Green vertical stripes, Yuk!

Originally posted by svmac
No one has mentioned Fremantle?

My team, North Coburg in the EDFL wear the original Dockers jumpers.

The jumper we used to wear was red and green. It was like the original Melbourne jumper except green instead of blue and it was pretty dodgey

Lake Wendouree football club's colours are totally off their nut. Green YellowBlue

The jumpers look like they're called the bananas

Originally posted by The_Flying_Egg
My team, North Coburg in the EDFL wear the original Dockers jumpers.

The jumper we used to wear was red and green. It was like the original Melbourne jumper except green instead of blue and it was pretty dodgey

i liked the old jumper that North Coburg used to wear when I played against thm in juniors. It looked good. When the club wore the grren and red jumper you were called St Olivers right? Good to see you guys have won a few games this year. I hope you make the finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ashburton JFC take the cake for biggest ' toffee apples' ive played against them for 6 years and it is one of the worst designs.

Green jumper with red shoulder, think brisbane without the lion and change the colours and there you have it. Boring and looks crappy too.

Im not a fan against melb high's jumper either, i played against them 3 weeks ago, its just a horrible mixture of horrible colours.

There have been some real shockers. I remember when the AFL announced that Fremantle would join the comp. Everyone baged their colour purple. Still today alot of people bag the fact that purple is a footy team colour. The dockers use the colour as an advantage. The have the "Purple Haze Day" once a year. Now with Port they have teal. It is a sign were new teams that join any spoting competition will head. The bright fluro colours, or mixed colour. Gone of the day(Barr the old traditional clubs) that they use just: Black, Red, Blue, Yellow, Orange and White.
Luke Logan

colors im not too fussed about, but this obsession clubs have with those port adelaide 'bolts' and sticking a dodgy looking character logo on there really ****es me of. i wish they would just stick with tradtional yokes, stripes, panels or mongrams.

It Must Be A Perth Tradition Not To Copy The Vic Jumpers,but On The Waafl Website Are Fair Dinkum Some Of The Ugliest Ive Seen.also The Old Blacktown Zone School Jumper I Have Would Hold A Candle To Most Of Those Described-think Dark Army Green With A Horrible Brown Sash- Yes You Heard It Right.also Southern Sharks(cronulla) In Sydney-pale Blue With A Fish In The Guts...not Pretty.

Teams from the Broadmeadows area that have/had (some now defunct) some absolute shockers :

Broadmeadows 'Bandits' - brown background, yellow V and a green hoop, draw it if you have to to take in the full horror of it all !!!!!

Jacana - yellow/gold and purple, still got it.

Moomba Park - just dark blue with a white V, boring as hell

North Fawkner - blue and yellow stripes, classy

Dallas Blues - blue with DBFC across the front, very original

Craigieburn - brown and whiote (original Eagles jumper design), awful

Glenroy - red and white always terrible together

..... and many others I've probably forgotten !!

Rosco5 said:
Teams from the Broadmeadows area that have/had (some now defunct) some absolute shockers :

Broadmeadows 'Bandits' - brown background, yellow V and a green hoop, draw it if you have to to take in the full horror of it all !!!!!

Jacana - yellow/gold and purple, still got it.

Moomba Park - just dark blue with a white V, boring as hell

North Fawkner - blue and yellow stripes, classy

Dallas Blues - blue with DBFC across the front, very original

Craigieburn - brown and whiote (original Eagles jumper design), awful

Glenroy - red and white always terrible together

..... and many others I've probably forgotten !!

Where did the Broadmeadows Bandits play ? Which competition ?

rightfoot_sloth said:
Where did the Broadmeadows Bandits play ? Which competition ?
Sloth, the Broadmeadows Bandits used to play in the now defunct Northern Metropolitan FL (NMFL), if anyone has one of those jumpers in good condition I would pay a mint for it !! Collector's item indeed .....

around geelong we have the thomson violet crumbles who have purple with gold yolk and gold shorts. werribee centrals old jumper was pretty ordinary green jumper with gold trim gold cfc logo and gold shorts. birregurras st kilda jumper with red shorts not real flash along with newtown's essendon jumper with red shorts

Melton's colours are s**t as are Learmonths and Lake Wendouree's (as I have mentioned under the username of goaldrush, twice)
Gordon's are shithouse as well.

Port melbourne's jumper is horrible.

As was Hawthorn's Blue clash guernsey with the diamonds.:thumbsdown:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back