News Club creates new position - "Head of Leadership and Culture". Who will fill it?

Who will be our "Head of Leadership and Culture"?

• J-Pod

Votes: 16 43.2%
  • Eddie Betts

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Dane Swan

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Campo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rhett Turton

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ben Cousins

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Jenny Williams

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • H.R. Puffnstuff

Votes: 5 13.5%

• Total voters

CH Jazz

Team Captain
May 15, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Eddie would have been great in this role.

Seriously? Based on what? He's likable and can kick goals from the stand?
Leadership and culture and incredibly complex aspects of an organisation.
People study the topics for decades, others take decades in leadership roles before they are truly effective.

I'd be hoping for a non-footballer personally. Very few people in the AFL strike me a truly amazing leaders that would be suitable for this role. Think people like Gale as opposed to recently retired or soon-to-retire footballers.

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
Id certainly far ken hope so Geoff.

Needs to be someone from a very successful organisation.
Doesn't even need to be a sporting background.

This is not a role about making sure our players are mates and well lead on field.

The creation of this role is to ensure the organisation is well.structured in terms of human assets and the right people are in the right jobs.

"Leadership and Culture" is fancy talk for HR.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The Sloane Ranger

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Dec 22, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Seriously? Based on what? He's likable and can kick goals from the stand?
Leadership and culture and incredibly complex aspects of an organisation.
People study the topics for decades, others take decades in leadership roles before they are truly effective.

I'd be hoping for a non-footballer personally. Very few people in the AFL strike me a truly amazing leaders that would be suitable for this role. Think people like Gale as opposed to recently retired or soon-to-retire footballers.
Absolutely agree

No disrespect to Eddie, he has been fantastic with the indigenous boys but hefoes not have the depth of skills, experience or qualifications for this role

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think it was Scorpus who knows a Rhett Turton?
Untitled-1.jpg

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
This has Dunstall's touch.

Hawthorn have a similar role

Michelle Nolan - General Manager - People and Culture

I dont know how we could have been an 'elite' organisation without a head of leadership - talks a little about the ppls we have on the board

Oct 8, 2004
Woodside
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Eagles(SANFL)
Another wanky title, just like having a head of football above the senior coach.

The buck stops with the senior coach and the senior players.

The rest should sit in the background and help where they can. Keeping the footballs pumped up, booking buses and making sure the players guernseys are ready on match day.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
This reminds me when we appointed an Integrity Officer after Tippett, seemed to work a treat

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
Another wanky title, just like having a head of football above the senior coach.

The buck stops with the senior coach and the senior players.

The rest should sit in the background and help where they can. Keeping the footballs pumped up, booking buses and making sure the players guernseys are ready on match day.
It ain't 1973....

It is obvious a key finding of this review is that the "Boys Club" is real.

Having a proper HR structure to prevent this for future hires ensures all.of the coaches and Football Department staff have gone through a proper recruitment process.

Not just tapped on the shoulder.

Players and coaches/footy department staff are our best assets. We have some great people in charge of recruiting player assets. Now need a similar approach to the rest of the Foothall Department.

Back