News Club creates new position - "Head of Leadership and Culture". Who will fill it?

Who will be our "Head of Leadership and Culture"?

• J-Pod

Votes: 16 43.2%
  • Eddie Betts

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Dane Swan

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Campo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rhett Turton

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ben Cousins

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Jenny Williams

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • H.R. Puffnstuff

Votes: 5 13.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Another wanky title, just like having a head of football above the senior coach.

The buck stops with the senior coach and the senior players.

The rest should sit in the background and help where they can. Keeping the footballs pumped up, booking buses and making sure the players guernseys are ready on match day.
So because Hawthorn have a similar role, you think Clarkson is deficient in leadership?

It does? I would have thought it means we have a distinct lack of leadership OFF the field.

"the creation of a new position, Head of Leadership and Culture, to deliver a new player leadership program across all areas of the football department, including AFL and AFLW"

Sounds like it's for the players

"the creation of a new position, Head of Leadership and Culture, to deliver a new player leadership program across all areas of the football department, including AFL and AFLW"

Sounds like it's for the players

You could just as easily highlight "all areas of the football department" and conclude it's off field too.

I took that to mean across our AFL, AFLW and SANFL teams given it's a player leadership program

I took it to mean that a coach, senior assistant coach, head of football and men's co-captain have all stepped down or left in the last 5 weeks so it's pretty ket to ensure there is sufficient support for all those stepping into leadership roles.

These type of roles are really difficult to make work because the position usually ends up with responsibility for something they have no authority over.

Fagan is the Head of Leadership and Culture, not sure what the f*** this is other than a wank.

These type of roles are really difficult to make work because the position usually ends up with responsibility for something they have no authority over.

Fagan is the Head of Leadership and Culture, not sure what the f*** this is other than a wank.
A proper HR role?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eddie would have been great in this role.

Eddie would be a terrible choice. He's a great player and a great fella, but his knowledge of people leadership, structures and programs would be zero. Wasn't even in the leadership group at the club. He would be ideal as a mentor, but this role is a far more corporate position that wouldn't match his capabilities.

Interesting we feel we need this role. Says we have a shocking lack of leadership within the playing group
Not just playing group.

The position sounds like its basically Dickhead Patrol

Surely the club already has a HR department
The staff list is down from website so cant check.

If they did, they were probably not good at it. Or not involved in key hires/promotion.

They way Burton was hired and then promoted obviously a red flag in the Review.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back