Club Doctor Stripped of Licence to Practise

Remove this Banner Ad

online_doctor.jpg
images

Hence, evidence-based practice coupled with clinical experience.

And here I was thinking that was what led to Elliott resting rather than surgery.

It wasn't the wound infection I was talking about. I wouldn't be using the same surgeon if I was on my 4th op for the same thing.
Sorry if that means I have rose coloured glasses. But I think a level of competence from a medical expert isn't too much to expect?
Would you take your car to the same mechanic if he had failed to rectify a fault 3 times & the problem was worse?
Sorry not for me. I bow to your level of medical knowledge for which I have none. But sometimes some doctors aren't as good as you hope they are.

Here is another example for you GC

My wife had a small sore come up on her right arm in early May. Her local physician first of all recommended a course of antibiotics. The 2 week course was unsuccessful & the sore slowly started to get larger. Then he got prescribed a cream & another 2 weeks went by & again the sore got bigger. Then he prescribed her another type of antibiotic & again it did nothing. Now the sore was much bigger & had a puss around it. It wasn't pretty. The doctor had assumed this was a white tail spider bite & was treating it as such. Even though biopsy & swab tests etc came back negative for basically everything.

Eventually he sent her to a general surgeon because it looked like it was going to need an operation of some kind. The surgeon first prescribed her with an identical antibiotic to what she had already been prescribed previously & after 2 more weeks the wound was as wicked as I've ever seen. Wont post photos but will pm them to you if you want GC. Eventually 8 or 9 weeks after the first doctors visit they decided to operate & because the wound was now so big they had to cut out a 7cm x 5cm wide hole in my wife's arm. They changed her dressing right in front of me the next day & I could see right down to her muscle.
The surgeon sent off the wound in 2 parts to 2 different laboratories & both came back with the same conclusion. The Bairnsdale Ulcer. Google it if need be.
Turns out if it had been diagnosed correctly it could have been treated with the correct antibiotic & surgery could have been avoided. But now the wound is still healing. Almost there but the wife did not want any more surgery so decided against a skin graft. The disease does not show up in a normal biopsy so I understand the doctor isn't totally to blame here. But if it had been tested for early in the piece the wife would not have had to go through what she did.
She had to carry around a vac system constantly turned on to speed up the healing process & experienced a new idea of pain whenever the nurses came to change it. Getting late in the day now so taking off my rose coloured glasses.

Yeah you hit a raw nerve.

I didn't say it was the same surgeon, just that he's just had his 4th surgery. May well have been but I don't know so not something I can comment on.

Hope your wife makes a speedy recovery.

It wasn't the wound infection I was talking about. I wouldn't be using the same surgeon if I was on my 4th op for the same thing.
Sorry if that means I have rose coloured glasses. But I think a level of competence from a medical expert isn't too much to expect?
Would you take your car to the same mechanic if he had failed to rectify a fault 3 times & the problem was worse?
Sorry not for me. I bow to your level of medical knowledge for which I have none. But sometimes some doctors aren't as good as you hope they are.

Here is another example for you GC

My wife had a small sore come up on her right arm in early May. Her local physician first of all recommended a course of antibiotics. The 2 week course was unsuccessful & the sore slowly started to get larger. Then he got prescribed a cream & another 2 weeks went by & again the sore got bigger. Then he prescribed her another type of antibiotic & again it did nothing. Now the sore was much bigger & had a puss around it. It wasn't pretty. The doctor had assumed this was a white tail spider bite & was treating it as such. Even though biopsy & swab tests etc came back negative for basically everything.

Eventually he sent her to a general surgeon because it looked like it was going to need an operation of some kind. The surgeon first prescribed her with an identical antibiotic to what she had already been prescribed previously & after 2 more weeks the wound was as wicked as I've ever seen. Wont post photos but will pm them to you if you want GC. Eventually 8 or 9 weeks after the first doctors visit they decided to operate & because the wound was now so big they had to cut out a 7cm x 5cm wide hole in my wife's arm. They changed her dressing right in front of me the next day & I could see right down to her muscle.
The surgeon sent off the wound in 2 parts to 2 different laboratories & both came back with the same conclusion. The Bairnsdale Ulcer. Google it if need be.
Turns out if it had been diagnosed correctly it could have been treated with the correct antibiotic & surgery could have been avoided. But now the wound is still healing. Almost there but the wife did not want any more surgery so decided against a skin graft. The disease does not show up in a normal biopsy so I understand the doctor isn't totally to blame here. But if it had been tested for early in the piece the wife would not have had to go through what she did.
She had to carry around a vac system constantly turned on to speed up the healing process & experienced a new idea of pain whenever the nurses came to change it. Getting late in the day now so taking off my rose coloured glasses.

Yeah you hit a raw nerve.
Sorry for hitting that raw nerve. What your wife has been through sounds terrible and all the more difficult for the delays in getting good treatment. Hope the recovery speeds up from here and even though it wont mean anything give her our best wishes from myself and the board. I can understand why you feel strongly.

My posts here are not about defending doctors. As you know there are good and bad like any job and even good ones dont do their best work everytime. I have no idea where the Collingwood docs fall in this.

My point about surgery was just to have people understand that it doesn't work perfectly all the time. In the case of the ankle of jackcass friend it could have been the surgery was the problem and in that case , as you say, you would be thinking about a change. Equally it could be the surgery was expertly done but a combination of the injury and subsequent complication have led to the need for 3 further ops. That happens, surgery, even performed well, can lead to adverse outcomes. Just my take so people understand heading straight to surgery doesnt always give the best outcome.

Again wishing a speedy recovery for your wife from here

Sorry for hitting that raw nerve. What your wife has been through sounds terrible and all the more difficult for the delays in getting good treatment. Hope the recovery speeds up from here and even though it wont mean anything give her our best wishes from myself and the board. I can understand why you feel strongly.

My posts here are not about defending doctors. As you know there are good and bad like any job and even good ones dont do their best work everytime. I have no idea where the Collingwood docs fall in this.

My point about surgery was just to have people understand that it doesn't work perfectly all the time. In the case of the ankle of jackcass friend it could have been the surgery was the problem and in that case , as you say, you would be thinking about a change. Equally it could be the surgery was expertly done but a combination of the injury and subsequent complication have led to the need for 3 further ops. That happens, surgery, even performed well, can lead to adverse outcomes. Just my take so people understand heading straight to surgery doesnt always give the best outcome.

Again wishing a speedy recovery for your wife from here

All good GC & thank you for the well wishes. As I said your knowledge is far superior to mine in this field. Like many, just frustrated we wasted 2 or 3 months going down the wrong path with our most important forward.
Moving on I guess.

Back on topic, do we yet know what the doc did wrong, or just us guessing

Come on left at home.....he recommended to Elliott that pissing in a bin would rectify his ankle :rolleyes::p

Come on left at home.....he recommended to Elliott that pissing in a bin would rectify his ankle :rolleyes::p
Was he professional enough to do it properly. Higher the better. Did the cops take notes.

Spoke to a doctor friend of Dr. Bradshaw who knows him very well. Reading between the lines, I believe it has nothing to do with football but the more popular reason why doctors are stood down. Am not 100% sure but confident. According to this doctor friend if you get any complaint whether it is fact or fiction the board stands you down if it sounds serious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sound like he is Scum

That poor young woman who went into his ‘care’

A victim of domestic violence, then treated by him with excessive opioids, then living together...

And his excuse was mid-life crisis

What part of ‘do know harm’ did he miss out on in med school?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back