Bell*
Melican
Menzel
McInerney
Fox
Cunningham
Clarke
Thurlow

So there's 12 who are better (in my opinion, of course).

Then there's another 8 (those marked) who may well be better next season given their trajectory.

It's not an unreasonable proposition that Jones may well be 18-24 at least when we review in 12 months time.

Nothing else to talk about so........

Better Than Jones
Franklin
Parker
Kennedy
Mills
Aliir
Dawson
Heeney
Hewett
Lloyd
Reid
Papley
Rampe

Not as good as Jones
Blakey*
Florent*
McCartin*
Hayward*
Rowbottom*
O'Riordan*
McLean*
Bell*
Melican
Menzel
McInerney
Fox
Cunningham
Clarke
Thurlow

So there's 12 who are better (in my opinion, of course).

Then there's another 8 (those marked) who may well be better next season given their trajectory.

It's not an unreasonable proposition that Jones may well be 18-24 at least when we review in 12 months time.

Good discussion and it’s all opinion of course

I’d have better

Franklin
Parker
Kennedy
Aliir
Heeney
Papley
rampe

A lot of your better than jones players don’t match him in output but each to their own

On par for me is Mills but I’d give the edge to Jones at the moment having said that Mills took a massive leap the second half of the year imo

I think next year Dawson will be certainly better at his current rate

Of the 8 you said would improve for forgetting wether they go past Jones or not

Blakey*
Florent*
McCartin*
Hayward*
Rowbottom*
O'Riordan*
McLean*
Bell

I’d remove bell and McLean barely seen much of them and not sure we can have any certainty they even play next year the others I’d except to take another step though Florent and Hayward didn’t this year so who knows

Again all opinion

My big concern would be buddy falling out of the list if body is stuffed again because presuming like you he is still a top player for us

Also I’d expect Kennedy to drop next year maybe even out of the top 10

buddy falling out of the list

I repeat.
This & this alone will be responsible for keeping us away from the finals for the next 3 years if he doesn't get out on the ground, which I doubt he will more than 20 more times max!
Forget the Tippet trade! This will take the cake & be our undoing..................unless he plays 30 plus games for the next two years. The 3rd year will be loose change so no probs but we have had to turn our list upside down & inside out because of the Buddy trade.

The biggest issue will be having a game plan built around such a player being out there, but then he isn't, but then he is, but then he isn't & so forth.
Club killer!

I repeat.
This & this alone will be responsible for keeping us away from the finals for the next 3 years if he doesn't get out on the ground, which I doubt he will more than 20 more times max!
Forget the Tippet trade! This will take the cake & be our undoing..................unless he plays 30 plus games for the next two years. The 3rd year will be loose change so no probs but we have had to turn our list upside down & inside out because of the Buddy trade.

The biggest issue will be having a game plan built around such a player being out there, but then he isn't, but then he is, but then he isn't & so forth.
Club killer!

Yep if he is in and out will almost be more annoying than if he was just a write off completely

hopefully he is just fully fit and near his best then what an asset

Good discussion and it’s all opinion of course

I’d have better

Franklin
Parker
Kennedy
Aliir
Heeney
Papley
rampe

A lot of your better than jones players don’t match him in output but each to their own

On par for me is Mills but I’d give the edge to Jones at the moment having said that Mills took a massive leap the second half of the year imo

I think next year Dawson will be certainly better at his current rate

Of the 8 you said would improve for forgetting wether they go past Jones or not

Blakey*
Florent*
McCartin*
Hayward*
Rowbottom*
O'Riordan*
McLean*
Bell

I’d remove bell and McLean barely seen much of them and not sure we can have any certainty they even play next year the others I’d except to take another step though Florent and Hayward didn’t this year so who knows

Again all opinion

My big concern would be buddy falling out of the list if body is stuffed again because presuming like you he is still a top player for us

Also I’d expect Kennedy to drop next year maybe even out of the top 10

You need to quote what I say.

"who may well be better next season given their trajectory"

I very much doubt all will overtake Jones in the pecking order. Perhaps not even most.

I think we'll see a resurgent Kennedy (and other mids) with the inclusion of an actual ruckman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You need to quote what I say.

"who may well be better next season given their trajectory"

I very much doubt all will overtake Jones in the pecking order. Perhaps not even most.

I think we'll see a resurgent Kennedy (and other mids) with the inclusion of an actual ruckman.

Didn’t think you did say they would pass jones thought it was a separate point

Only that they would improve next year themselves

Hope you are right re Kennedy, seems unlikely though

sometimes i dont get why we care soo much over milestone games

Prefer it to be buds 300th at home, but apart from the build up does it really matter where it is

As I said do you really want the great man getting booed every time he touches the ball throughout his 300th?

I think they've already been conservative with Bud's injury. A 3-4 week hamstring has now turned into an 8-week lay-off.

Harley all but said round 1 next year won't be in Sydney.

And **** Buddy's 300th being anywhere but the SCG

Get the big fella out there to close out the season, will make a massive day for the club even bigger.
I actuary do not agree with you on Buddy. A fitting place for his 300th game would be the MCG. It was there his heroics in 2008 led a young Hawthorn side to a Premiership. He has made that ground his own. He starred in two Premierships fot Hawks there. Nothing would be more fitting then for him to run out against his old side onto that ground and tear them apart.

On ANE-LX2J using BigFooty.com mobile app

This is a huge game for the club if Macca & Kizza both get up.

Leave Buds 300th to next season. Give him a pre-season. Use it as the build up to 2020. Something to look forward to to open the year up.

Leave thsi game as solely a farewell game for Macca & Kizza (& Smitty & Reg, indirectly, of course).

And Hanners.

how will it be an event for them?

fu** them
How would it not be an event for them? He played 182 of those games, for Hawthorn. They won't boo him. He put them into the 2008 Grand Final. They don't forget those sorts of things at Hawks. A very small cadre of racist thug Hawks supporters will boo him but will be shouted down by the many.

Everybody in the footy world will applaud the greatest player to ever play the game, equal with Leigh Matthews, play 300

On ANE-LX2J using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back