Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
At the end of the year:
Cotchin, Riewoldt, Houli.

It's a hard call, but tell me I'm wrong?

These guys are only going to decline further and are finished.

A chance to send them off against the Hawks in the final round at the MCG would be my recommendation.

Last edited:
At the end of the year:

Agree on all three.

Houli you could see coming.

Jack has still been serviceable but would prefer to move forward with a young forward.

Cotch has fallen off a cliff.

At the end of the year:

Would have disagreed on Jack earlier in the year, but I was waiting 4 weeks for him to kick 2 goals and hit 700.

Cotch is done.

Agree… Cotchin the only one I would give a reprieve, he’s allowed a down year and maybe extended time off to refresh will help.

Jack’s done… hate to admit it but it was obvious. He drops marks, can’t kick the distance, plays for frees, and doesn’t apply the pressure that made him awesome at his peak. Time to give someone else a shot and free up cap space

Maybe let's not do a Hawthorn. The way they ****ed off they're greats was disgusting and look what happened after.

Houli I think will retire at the end of this year on his own accord.

Jack is equal 5th in the coleman and Cotch can call it whenever the * he wants. I'll melt hard if either of them are forced out.

Maybe let's not do a Hawthorn. The way they f’ed off they're greats was disgusting and look what happened after.

Jack is equal 5th in the coleman and Cotch can call it whenever the fu** he wants. I'll melt hard if either of them are forced out.
Sentiment will get us nowhere. It's not about forcing out, its about recognising the writing on the wall, and a farewell process. These guys are cooked midway through 2021, how bad do you think they'll be this time in 2022?

Astbury and grimes too, maybe Edwards aswell

9 years of finals, 3 premierships

Time to enjoy their last 6 weeks

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Edwards and Astbury are on the cusp, probably end of 2022 players.

Grimes still has 2 years left IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They should all go. Cotchin
raking in 700 grand still makes me sick. I'd like to think he'll be honourable and realise he's cooked but doubt it. I guess when your Mrs 2 previous businesses failed spectacularly you need to subsidise the 3rd. Boxing gyms in covid times when most gyms are failing why not start up that. We're stuck with Cotchin and Riewoldt unfortunately

Jack has already re-signed and has kicked 36 goals in 16 games. He’s 1 goal behind supposed superstar Tom Hawkins from the same number of games.

Maybe let's not do a Hawthorn. The way they f’ed off they're greats was disgusting and look what happened after.

Jack is equal 5th in the coleman and Cotch can call it whenever the fu** he wants. I'll melt hard if either of them are forced out.
I get that and I hope that they aren’t forced out either. I want them to call time on their career whenever they are done.

However, all our veterans need to assess where their body is at and whether they are able to continue if they really care about the club. Otherwise we’ll keep on playing them when they’re not up to it and it’ll impact our on-field performances and our ability to effectively rebuild our list.

They've already shown their hand after giving a going on 33 year old Edwards another contract for 2022.

He can't even get on the park and has been pretty average when on it. On form he should've retired.

The legends will go as long as they want to. Let's be honest it probably won't matter much either way. We've got pain coming when we come down from this dyansty run so a few past it blokes won't make a difference for 1 year.

They should all go. Cotchin
raking in 700 grand still makes me sick. I'd like to think he'll be honourable and realise he's cooked but doubt it. I guess when your Mrs 2 previous businesses failed spectacularly you need to subsidise the 3rd. Boxing gyms in covid times when most gyms are failing why not start up that. We're stuck with Cotchin and Riewoldt unfortunately
Your a disgrace.

1st - Houli is unfortunately done. Let's see him out in a dignified way. He will be first to put his hand up and accept this.

2nd - Cotchin has concerned me for a while. Has started up outside ventures, looks completely disengaged with the club and the competition in general. He was very driven and I suppose the reality is - he has exceeded his expectations on what he set out to achieve in his career. He will retire end of this year. You can see it.

We dont need to be feral bogans and call for his head, he is our ONLY triple premiership captain. He will make the call himself and you can see it a mile away.

3rd - Riewoldt, do not TOUCH Riewoldt. He stays. We need leadership, if we drop all our leaders, we will be in complete no man's land for 10 years. CCJ isn't ready for s**t and neither is Chol, Garthwaite. I want Jack to play one last season and transition to an assistant coach with the club for 2023. He is brilliant and we literally have no coaches. Next year, he should basically be an onfield coach. Hodge at Brisbane, Lewis at Melbourne and Riewoldt for us.

Anyway, cut the s**t guys and stop being dickheads. These three are absolute legends and I know it's the internet, but we need to give them our respect and treat them with class on the way out.

1st - Houli is unfortunately done. Let's see him out in a dignified way. He will be first to put his hand up and accept this.

2nd - Cotchin has concerned me for a while. Has started up outside ventures, looks completely disengaged with the club and the competition in general. He was very driven and I suppose the reality is - he has exceeded his expectations on what he set out to achieve in his career. He will retire end of this year. You can see it.

We dont need to be feral bogans and call for his head, he is our ONLY triple premiership captain. He will make the call himself and you can see it a mile away.

3rd - Riewoldt, do not TOUCH Riewoldt. He stays. We need leadership, if we drop all our leaders, we will be in complete no man's land for 10 years. CCJ isn't ready for sh*t and neither is Chol, Garthwaite. I want Jack to play one last season and transition to an assistant coach with the club for 2023. He is brilliant and we literally have no coaches. Next year, he should basically be an onfield coach. Hodge at Brisbane, Lewis at Melbourne and Riewoldt for us.

Anyway, cut the sh*t guys and stop being dickheads. These three are absolute legends and I know it's the internet, but we need to give them our respect and treat them with class on the way out.
Well said.
I think all our legends have earnt the right for another season if they feel up to it.
People have to remember the boys have been up since 2013 except for one year
It does takes its toll
Get in early for surgery etc refresh and see what happens next year refreshed.

* it delist then all except for Jack Graham

Well said.
I think all our legends have earnt the right for another season if they feel up to it.
People have to remember the boys have been up since 2013 except for one year
It does takes its toll
Get in early for surgery etc refresh and see what happens next year refreshed.

So damn true.

No off season in four years. They're absolutely exhausted. They may bounce right back up again next year. This is Chicago Bulls 98-99 all over.

Michael Jordan once said, "The Cubs have been rebuilding for 30 years. These guys deserve one more run".

Completely agree with you, let the club and the players make the call. They deserve to stick together in 2022 and give it one more run if they feel like they can.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back