Spuddigger

Senior List
Oct 19, 2018
Australind WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur.
I played footy in the SWFL (Bunbury WA ). This comp is the most powerful country footy League in WA. When i joined my club Harvey Brunswick, our official nickname was the Maroons. We had a lot of Italians playing for us. At the time they were good farmers and grew a lot of potatoes that were put on trucks to go to Melbourne as black market spuds.We were called Spudiggers as a defamatory name and players took exception to this.When i came along, i started to call the boys Spudiggers. Some guys weren,t happy with me saying this . I said that,s why the opposition stirred us . I said use this insult as a badge of pride and honour ,keep a cool head on your shoulders. After two years of me stirring ,the opposition lost an advantage to upset my mates. I will always be a Spudigger!

Hmm.That went over like a lead balloon. If you,ve played the game , surely you boof heads can come up with something. Lets talk about the Marsh bros. On second thoughts, lets not

I played for Claremont Junior Football Club, which had 2 teams blue and gold

Claremont Golden Triangles (rich area of Perth shaped in a triangle from space for anyone reading)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmm.That went over like a lead balloon. If you,ve played the game , surely you boof heads can come up with something. Lets talk about the Marsh bros. On second thoughts, lets not
I understand there's a marsh sister- ask langer if can she open the batting.

Haters_Gonna_Hate_Potatoes_Gonna_Potate_Square_Ca_300x300.jpg

I played footy in the SWFL (Bunbury WA ). This comp is the most powerful country footy League in WA. When i joined my club Harvey Brunswick, our official nickname was the Maroons. We had a lot of Italians playing for us. At the time they were good farmers and grew a lot of potatoes that were put on trucks to go to Melbourne as black market spuds.We were called Spudiggers as a defamatory name and players took exception to this.When i came along, i started to call the boys Spudiggers. Some guys weren,t happy with me saying this . I said that,s why the opposition stirred us . I said use this insult as a badge of pride and honour ,keep a cool head on your shoulders. After two years of me stirring ,the opposition lost an advantage to upset my mates. I will always be a Spudigger!

In the spirit of being a good BigFooty Netizen, this isn't the kind of stuff one posts on here....

I played for Claremont Junior Football Club, which had 2 teams blue and gold

Claremont Golden Triangles (rich area of Perth shaped in a triangle from space for anyone reading)

I played for the Blue Triangles,

We are the boys from the Blue Triangle.
Every team we meet we mangle,
Ra Ra, stuff em in a jar,
Bennettswood, Bennettswood, best by far!

I don't know where the relevance of the triangle came from.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back