Prediction Club Official Membership Target for 2016 is 65,000.. Could we EVER make 70,000?

Is 70,000 possible in 2016?

• Yes we Ken.

• No, you're dreaming.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

How do you upgrade from GA to a reserved seat? I've never done it myself and I'm trying to do that for my daughter. Had a look around the club's and ticketmaster's website but I am either blind or it's not obvious. Halp?

How do you upgrade from GA to a reserved seat? I've never done it myself and I'm trying to do that for my daughter. Had a look around the club's and ticketmaster's website but I am either blind or it's not obvious. Halp?
Hmm dunno but try and input your barcode on the *ticketek website for the actual port game and it should work

Hmm dunno but try and input your barcode on the *ticketek website for the actual port game and it should work
Thanks. That's the way. I assumed it'd be somewhere inside the membership account (which is run by ticketmaster) but you have to do it through ticketek.

Last edited:
don't the club usually send out emails about upgrading?
I am having some communication issues with the club. For some reason I haven't been receiving some emails. Also, maybe the GA to reserved seat upgrade emails only go to GA members (?). Anyway, sorted now. I wanted to upgrade my daughter for the GWS game. Free upgrade for this game (if you discount the $5.50 "convenience" fee).

I am having some communication issues with the club. For some reason I haven't been receiving some emails. Also, maybe the GA to reserved seat upgrade emails only go to GA members (?). Anyway, sorted now. I wanted to upgrade my daughter for the GWS game. Free upgrade for this game (if you discount the $5.50 "convenience" fee).
Log into your account with the club and go thru your profile. I did it recently and changed my phone number and started geting txts to that new phone number no problems. There might be an error in the your email account in the database.

60,000 + 7

2fe63a9.jpg

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2016-08-25/port-ranked-8th-for-membership-figure
The Power’s overall membership figure of 60,214 was scaled down by the AFL as part of its annual audit to include only memberships which cost $50 or more, had a person’s name attached to it and resulted in the distribution of a membership pack. The rules are applied across all 18 clubs to ensure parity in final membership figures.

Pet memberships, SANFL memberships and 67% of Adelaide Oval stadium members were excluded as part of the audit.
http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2016-08-25/port-ranked-8th-for-membership-figure

So
-8,000 AO Footy Members
--------
+2,640 Port's share of AO members 33% approx
---------
54, 854
-53,743 audited AFL members
---------
1,109 other non counted members

Crowies
http://www.afc.com.au/news/2016-08-25/crows-to-reclaim-home-crowd-record
Adelaide’s current membership tally is 66,572. The number of 11-game members who have access to every Crows home game is once again among the industry’s best. The AFL released its audited membership figures for Season 2016 on Thursday.

Adelaide was one of 11 clubs to break its all-time membership record, with the total number of club members across the League reaching an all-time high (875,197). The AFL’s criteria for a ‘member’ is a person who spends more than $50 on their membership, receives a membership pack and provides their name and contact information to the club.Adelaide’s audited figure is 54,307 – ranked seventh in the League behind Collingwood, Essendon, Hawthorn, Richmond, Sydney and West Coast.
http://www.afc.com.au/news/2016-08-25/crows-to-reclaim-home-crowd-record

-8,000 AO footy members
+5,360 67% share of AO members approx
---------
-54,307 AFL audited figure
---------
9,652 other non counted members

Edit their 2015 breakdown

63,038 as per link - 8,009 AO Footy Members + 5,126 their 65/35 share - 52,920 = 7,235 members not counted in AFL 2015 audit

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:
The non-access growth shows where Port really needs to start hitting hard, now that tickets (if not attendees) at AO are near capacity. I'd also like to see Port and Adelaide's breakdown of Adult, Junior, Concessions.

Oh and GAGF with 67% of AO membership numbers being recorded as Crows. I thought that s**t was meant to be fixed for this years figures?

The non-access growth shows where Port really needs to start hitting hard, now that tickets (if not attendees) at AO are near capacity. I'd also like to see Port and Adelaide's breakdown of Adult, Junior, Concessions.

Oh and GAGF with 67% of AO membership numbers being recorded as Crows. I thought that s**t was meant to be fixed for this years figures?

Agree - surely if you've paid for access to all 22 games at AO you should count in both teams' numbers, regardless of nominating who you support - you'd have paid a hell of a lot more for the 'other' teams matches than if you only had a reduced access or non access membership that may have cost as little as $50.00

For some reason the AFL 2015 annual report didn't do it so I wouldn't expect the breakdown in 2016 annual report.

Areas of potential large growth
* overselling the 7,000 GA seats left for the 11 game GA, 3 gamers, country and interstaters. At $175 we could probably sell 15,000 x 11 game GA's because it's equivalent of buying 5 games at the gate and you know there are a lot of people who can't make all 11 games.

* kids both access and non access memberships. We should be aiming for 12,000 kids. A lot of the Vic clubs and Sydney have targeted kids. Pretty sure the Hawks had 20k kids in 2014 of 70k total when the AFL produced the breakdown in their annual report.

* yep non access in general but with digital rights attached both for OS fans and with the NBN roll out to a decent chunk of Oz population allows for decent download speeds.

What would be a reasonable assumption? 45/55? I also thought it was meant to be fixed this year.

Back