Roast Club Propaganda & Media Censoring

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL, come the fu** on. No AFL coach, club official or player is going to say this.

At a minimum there should be a realistic middle-ground far removed from “nup, wouldn’t change a thing”, “I was a genius two weeks ago”, and *sooking to club icons, greats and legends*.

“We got annihilated in every aspect of the game which was really disappointing. It was an embarrassing performance after quarter time. You get what you deserve in the game really.

“That’s my job, that’s the coach’s job to re-align and re-set it. We couldn’t find a way to get our guys mentally back in the game. Physically we looked weak."

These are not the same things. Bordering on it, and far better than what we've dished up, but not close "disgrace" and "season is an unmitigated disaster". He even threw in a delicious "you want to play a brand that you’re proud of and we’re not at Geelong’s level at the moment," that I'm sure everyone would be eating up.

At a minimum there should be a realistic middle-ground far removed from “nup, wouldn’t change a thing”, “I was a genius two weeks ago”, and *sooking to club icons, greats and legends*.

I am in total agreement with this?

The only conclusion that you can reach from the messaging so far is that they're disappointed they didn't make the grand final but are reasonably content with their performance this season and think making a preliminary final is a great achievement that should be celebrated regardless of the outcome of the game itself.

Tredders needs to double down and really hammer the message home now. And he should stand for the board too.

I would have thought something along the lines of “we had a very good season up until the PF. We failed badly at the second to last hurdle. We need to go away and strongly address why we performed the way we did after giving ourselves every opportunity to advance. “

I would have thought something along the lines of “we had a very good season up until the PF. We failed badly at the second to last hurdle. We need to go away and strongly address why we performed the way we did after giving ourselves every opportunity to advance. “

Nah.

We had a very good season beating teams like the SUNS until it actually got hard and then we sucked in absolutely epic fashion.

That's not the Port Adelaide way. We failed. Full stop.

Nah.

We had a very good season beating teams like the SUNS until it actually got hard and then we sucked in absolutely epic fashion.

That's not the Port Adelaide way. We failed. Full stop.
We ended up second after the minor round and waltzed past Geelong in the QF setting up a home PF. That qualifies as a very good season up until that point.

People need to accept that we have been an AFL franchise wearing a Port Adelaide frock since the day the AFL took control of our board.

Please explain to me why our debt must be cleared before we become a member run club again.

If there is a roadmap for us moving to being a member run club would somebody please link it.
This needs to happen asap.
The people we elect to the board must be the ones to choose our next presidents and coaches.

I assume your spelling of `Kock' was intentional, I have been told it was originally the correct pronunciation of Koch. :)
The billionaire Koch brothers in USA who fund a lot of right wingers political campaigns and anti climate activists - they have a lot of valuable fossil fuel assets - pronounce it as Coke and the US media refers ro them as the Coke brothers. The eldest of the two is David Koch and Kochie has received plenty of twitter abuse directed at that brother, by mistake, over the last 15 years.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“We got annihilated in every aspect of the game which was really disappointing. It was an embarrassing performance after quarter time. You get what you deserve in the game really.

“That’s my job, that’s the coach’s job to re-align and re-set it. We couldn’t find a way to get our guys mentally back in the game. Physically we looked weak."

These are not the same things. Bordering on it, and far better than what we've dished up, but not close "disgrace" and "season is an unmitigated disaster". He even threw in a delicious "you want to play a brand that you’re proud of and we’re not at Geelong’s level at the moment," that I'm sure everyone would be eating up.
I don't really understand what you mean. Simpson called his side weak and embarrassing, because they were, and then took ownership over the performance. This is something Hinkley never does. It is always "we weren't at our best, but we will be better next week" or "judge us at the end of the season" or in the case of the prelim, he had no comment at all.

Our performance was significantly worse than that Eagles performance. It was a prelim. We were home. We were the outright favourites. The dogs were banged up and had been on the road. We were healthy. We had beaten them 3 weeks earlier. It was one of the worst losses that I can remember, was an embarrassment for the fans and the club, and all he had to say was that we will be back next year. Woopdedoo.

The outward acceptance of mediocrity, and in some cases outright shitness, by Hinkley is a slap in the face to supporters of the club, even if the internal rhetoric is different.

No it doesn't.

If you finish in the top 2 and fail to reach the GF, your season has been a failure.
Nah not when you dont have equal home and away games against all teams. Its 2 seperate seasons. 22 games minor round is an unbalanced season.

People have to stop judging the minor round ladder as a true indicator of what is supposed to happen in September.

In the SANFL we played everybody twice and a couple of the top drawing teams 3 times so the ladder was a truer indication of who was the best teams by ranking.

You have a 22 week unbalanced marathon followed by a 4 week sprint..

The billionaire Koch brothers in USA who fund a lot of right wingers political campaigns and anti climate activists - they have a lot of valuable fossil fuel assets - pronounce it as Coke and the US media refers ro them as the Coke brothers. The eldest of the two is David Koch and Kochie has received plenty of twitter abuse direct at that brother, by mistake, over the last 15 years.
I got a scholarship from them once, but I had issues with my visa and couldn’t exercise it.

It was a really interesting program they were running, intermediating think tanks and students. So, you would apply to whatever interested you, and there were plenty of different options.

I don't really understand what you mean. Simpson called his side weak and embarrassing, because they were, and then took ownership over the performance. This is something Hinkley never does. It is always "we weren't at our best, but we will be better next week" or "judge us at the end of the season" or in the case of the prelim, he had no comment at all.

Our performance was significantly worse than that Eagles performance. It was a prelim. We were home. We were the outright favourites. The dogs were banged up and had been on the road. We were healthy. We had beaten them 3 weeks earlier. It was one of the worst losses that I can remember, was an embarrassment for the fans and the club, and all he had to say was that we will be back next year. Woopdedoo.

The outward acceptance of mediocrity, and in some cases outright shitness, by Hinkley is a slap in the face to supporters of the club, even if the internal rhetoric is different.
Someone should get the US one to tweet #sackken

I assume your spelling of `Kock' was intentional, I have been told it was originally the correct pronunciation of Koch. :)
As a youth, we had a lot of people in the area (German migrant population) with that surname, and they all called themselves (phonetically speaking) utensil.

Our chairman was the first to call himself Cosh.
Whether that was always so, or just for reasons of embarrassment, who knows.

I still quite often refer when speaking about him by using the "ck" version, then correct myself to use the "sh" version.

It is always "we weren't at our best, but we will be better next week" or "judge us at the end of the season" or in the case of the prelim, he had no comment at all.

Yeah, that’s the one with which he should’ve been screwed to the wall on.

Not only did he have a full complement, the Dogs were on their knees.

And we literally shat out the club’s worst home performance since losing to Collingwood by 138 points in 2011.

Judge you by your performance at the end? Pretty sure that’s what Warren and Kane did, you smirking over-sensitive chode.

You judge a season on the final result, not 3 quarters of the way through.
Sure. My point was in reference to what Hinkley could or shouldn’t say to the media etc. He’s not gonna say it’s a failure of a season. He could say we had a very good regular season and we bombed in the PF which is also true. And leave out all the other bs he says.

I hope this thread disappears into the distance, and the club stops treating its people like sheep. Accepts the perceptions of itself are formed of their own doing and performance, and as a result we don't need to comment on the propaganda campaign that is tarnishing our club.

However for now I want to quote my own post from the first article Rucci posted where it became clearly apparent before CD spoke, before the CEO letter, and before Ken spoke, that we were satisfied with mediocrity and clearly not going to take serious accountability for our results.

What the fu** is this sh*t.

Seriously read this propaganda.

What the fu** has happened to my club. Have we become the Crows.

This is the most patronising sh*t ever.

I'm so friggin sick of the concept of stability equals success. How many damn years do we need to wait for stability to equal anything????

Go work a new job, you'll work 100x harder in your first year or so than you are by year 9 or 10. It's just human nature. A fresh new perspective, someone to challenge the players in a different way, some hope sparked by change among the players and fans. There's so much that change can give a team, that stability can not.

Yes, you don't just change all the time as obviously that would just lead you to crave some consistency. However we're sitting here about to go into our 10th year with a coach that's had multiple amazing opportunities to make us successful, 2 home prelims, a great list, some great drafting, some trading opportunities we could only dream of, yet year after year we still fail!

Ken will be the longest serving single club coach of all time to have not made a GF. If that doesn't say something, what does.

Ultimately though I think it is the board that needs to be the ones that go. Not just the coaching staff. They were the one that gave the crazy 2017 extension, they are the ones with a flawed and ignorant strategy which breeds complacency and comfortability amongst the club, rather than keeping people on edge. They are also the ones too gutless to realise they are crippling this club by not making the tough call and accepting their direction was wrong.

So instead of that acceptance, we get this fu**in propaganda bullshit. Clearly generated as a directive to "calm the natives". It's incredible.

I'm seriously over it. We need to shake the board up. Something must be done.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back