Roast Club Propaganda & Media Censoring

Remove this Banner Ad

Being run by amateurs would involve listening to random people on the internet who have absolutely no idea about what's actually happening behind the scenes.

It's a club, "nepotism" happens, and if it's minor like this isn't not exactly a big deal, again this is a molehill that's been turned into a mountain because clowns are offended that Hinkley is still there. Recruiting low-level IT people is a shitshow, the standard of people you get applying is hilarious, if Hinkleys kid can do the role alongside his study in the field then who gives a s**t?

I've dealt with plenty of nepotism over the years, I've left jobs over it and I still see it today. In the grand scheme of things Jordan Hinkley is so minor it's ridiculous people keep raising it as an issue.
It's not just Jordan Hinkley. Hinkley's daughter. Her partner. There is a pattern of nepotism.

Interesting you have decided to leave previous employment due to nepotism but when it occurs in our football club you dismiss it because "it's a club, nepotism happens".

The point is anyone can do the job. You arent scouring the nation to find someone who essentially knows how to use Apple Movie Maker or who can press Print on a word document at 1/4 time.

I take your point, but I once saw a pic of him decked out in Port staff gear receiving keys to his fleet MG and my eyes boiled.

Feels like one gigantic p¡sstake.

I take your point, but I once saw a pic of him decked out in Port staff gear receiving keys to his fleet MG and my eyes boiled.

Feels like one gigantic p¡sstake.
Man wears staff uniform and buys car from club sponsor. Club sponsor shares on Facebook page. That made your eyes boil?

Man wears staff uniform and buys car from club sponsor. Club sponsor shares on Facebook page. That made your eyes boil?
If he bought it, sure. But did he buy it, or was it given to him?

I feel much better now. According to the Club FB page it just wasn’t our day…….

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

… or week, or month, or even our year.

Not sure what you guys are on about but facebook is being bombarded with "WE ARE PORT ADELAIDE"
Highlighting the last four wins like we have achieved something spectacular.
NOT ONE MENTION OF THE SICKENING LOSS TODAY OR OF ANY OF THE FIRST FIVE DEBACLES.
Thats what i call propaganda!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will let this one pass through to the keeper because you are our local Brazilian celebrity.
Game Fail GIF by BabyTV

Another Rucci article walking the fine line between propaganda and a review. Not wanting to show any real signs of negativity, nor show any signs of real possibility for fear of backlash. Just laced with a glimmer of hope hope, without acknowledging how pathetic it is that we're only holding onto no more than a glimmer.

Last edited:
Another Rucci article walking the fine line between propaganda and a review. Not wanting to show any real signs of negativity, nor show any signs of real possibility for fear of backlash. Just laced with a glimmer of hope hope, without acknowledging how pathetic it is that we're only holding onto no more than a glimmer.

It's another Ken is great puff piece, disguised as impartial (poorly as they all are). Talk about gaslighting / insulting the intelligence of fans.

It's a PAFC article, what did you expect?

This is what I get from Chris Davies' comments in the article.

It's the players.
The players in the AFL side aren't good enough and those in the SANFL are worse because they're not applying selection pressure.

This is what I get from Chris Davies' comments in the article.

It's the players.

People would be more inclined to believe this if the club didn’t spend the aftermath of the Brisbane game bemoaning injuries and ‘tough conditions’ before getting smoked at home by a rebuilding Hawks outfit despite dominating every key stat but the scoreboard.

If that didn’t emphasise it’s chiefly how they’re prepared, directed and deployed by the Camperdown Boffin, nothing will.

Bloody hell. Plato Hinkley the Philosopher. You can build resilience, not sure if you can "get" it. Nice try though Kenny.

"Resilience is something you get at times when you don’t want it." Ken Hinkley

Last edited:

The one positive here is that at least they are still talking about finals and not allowing Ken to play the old " building learning working whatevering" crap

It's a PAFC article, what did you expect?
Well that's the point, I think they've heard the backlash about the propaganda, and this while again overly positive and glossing over saying anything negative is dancing finely on the line in an ok way, but geez fail in these first couple weeks after the bye and bang, heat is coming big time.

So if you’re a child of a Phillips you’ve earnt your position but if you’re the child of a Hinkley you haven’t. Got it.
Sorry that I'm late to this one, but the difference is that Ken is a s**t campaigner snake oil salesman who is stealing money from the club.

Sorry that I'm late to this one, but the difference is that Ken is a s**t campaigner snake oil salesman who is stealing money from the club.
Yeah, one parent devoted close to 20 years serving the Club, assisting in delivering multiple successes and always performing at an elite level.
The other has under-delivered on the elite and the successful aspects stated above.

One offspring has shown she is the best in the competition multiple times, as well as elite in other sports for a very long period, and earns a spot within the Club.
The other is an unknown quantity, over a short time span. They may - or may not - be top of the class in what they do, who knows?

Are people right to merely ask the question of the latter as to their suitability for a role? I think so.

That doesn't involve cheap shot pillorying of said person, at least until it can be proved one way or the other whether the role is deserved, or merely flagrant nepotism.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back