Roast Club Propaganda & Media Censoring

Remove this Banner Ad

We've got assurances from the AFL that our funding is secured and that our position as "second SA based team" is not under threat. As long as we maintain a membership base and home game attendance that's in the acceptable gamut, we're golden. Well when I say "we" I mean "the current custodians of our club".

Nothing is going to change. We might win a few more than we lose but nothing will happen to get us even close to "greatness".

'expecting a grand final would be unreasonable'

What the *? It was expected THIS year and he failed dismally. You don't get to fail your performance targets and then just get your performance targets revised downwards for being s**t at your job.
WE EXIST TO WIN PREMIERSHIPS....

But expecting a GF appearance after a decade of coaching the team is unreasonable. Righto.

Rooch be trolling in that article:

The chase for greatness resumes in four months

On field, the challenge to chase greatness remains

The mission statement in 2023 remains to chase greatness

And now for 100-or-so-days waiting for the chase of greatness to play out on the fields of the AFL, SANFL and AFLW again

Anyone who says 'our football program is sound' is crazy!

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app
AFLW team narrowly avoids the wooden spoon.

SANFL team finishes 3rd from bottom.

AFL team finishes 11th in a year where it's GF or bust after reaching consecutive prelims.

OuR fOoTbAlL pRoGrAm Is SoUnD aNd We WiLl Be ChAsInG gReAtNeSs AgAiN iN 2023 !!!!!!!!

We've got assurances from the AFL that our funding is secured and that our position as "second SA based team" is not under threat. As long as we maintain a membership base and home game attendance that's in the acceptable gamut, we're golden. Well when I say "we" I mean "the current custodians of our club".

Nothing is going to change. We might win a few more than we lose but nothing will happen to get us even close to "greatness".

Someone needs to win Powerball and then ask the question of what it's going to cost to get the club back in the hands of the members.

Unlike with BTBB, it's a really difficult sell because it's hard to quantify to the masses what we're getting or why we need it. If we were to hold board elections tomorrow, David Koch would almost certainly be returned as president. Most of the current board members would probably be returned. So it's really hard to argue the fact that this is the most important change that needs to be made at the club. It's a very unsexy thing to argue and most people would see it as a good thing but not a priority.

What we'd need is either the dream of a Supporters Trust, or a Don Scott Operation Payback style campaign by club legends backed by businesspeople to get the club returned to the members.

Someone needs to win Powerball and then ask the question of what it's going to cost to get the club back in the hands of the members.

Unlike with BTBB, it's a really difficult sell because it's hard to quantify to the masses what we're getting or why we need it. If we were to hold board elections tomorrow, David Koch would almost certainly be returned as president. Most of the current board members would probably be returned. So it's really hard to argue the fact that this is the most important change that needs to be made at the club. It's a very unsexy thing to argue and most people would see it as a good thing but not a priority.

What we'd need is either the dream of a Supporters Trust, or a Don Scott Operation Payback style campaign by club legends backed by businesspeople to get the club returned to the members.
Ball park figure is about $12m but $20m would do the job that the AFL couldn't object to.

Gotta pay off the 15 year licence fee instalment to the SANFL, 5 instalments left 2024-2028 roughly $450k per year = $2.3mil.

That's why the crows constitution says the AFL no longer has control over them after 31/10/2028.

Pay off at least $5m of bank debt so the AFL no longer have to give our bankers a guarantee of $5.0m, which is listed in the AFL annual report on page 162 and says -

4. Contingent liabilities
The Company has entered into an agreement with the AFL Players’ Association Inc. for a period of six years commencing on 1 November 2016 whereby the Company has an obligation to assume liability for all amounts due to players of a club where the club has lost its licence to compete in the AFL Competition and is suspended from or loses its right to representation in the League. The amounts payable in these circumstances will be offset by any amounts payable to the players in respect of future employment as a player.

Borrower......................... Bank.. Amount.. Expiry
Essendon Football Club...... NAB..... $4.0m 30 Nov 2022
Port Adelaide Football Club Bank SA $5.0m 6 Dec 2022 - this will just get rolled over and amount depends on debt levels then.Might be $4m.
+ 9 other clubs ranging from $1.19m to $8.0m

plus pay off another $2m owning to AFL and other private loans ie Gordon Pickard

plus another $3m to cover overdraft so that if auto renewals were on say 7th November and not 24th October, there is money in the bank account and not a $3m liability Unearned Income Received in Advance from memberships in our financials at the end of the footy financial year on 31st October. ( All clubs now do this accounting / cash flow trick which doesn't change profit but reduces debt levels or increases cash at bank figure).

Another $8m cash gives a nice buffer.

That's why the crows constitution says the AFL no longer has control over them after 31/10/2028.

Why on earth didn't we get this factored in as well, or if not this date then at least some self control condition we can work towards.

The Crows might finally become a well run club while we're still floundering.

Why on earth didn't we get this factored in as well, or if not this date then at least some self control condition we can work towards.

Then when i asked said question at the AGM Koch gas lights us by saying its ok cause I (david) make all of the board appointments and that we actually arent under any AFL control

Of the current Club board members, the ones I am convinced have to go are Cardone and Restas. They have been there as long as Koch and their departure would put him farther out on a limb, deservedly shivering from exposure.

They are both imposters engaged in a pretence that they put the Club before themselves and their personal resumes.

Cardone, as we know, is a spy. Restas, now deputy chairman and responsible for corporate governance as a practising lawyer, is blind to any breach or just couldn’t care less.

The others, Osborn included, can stay for at least one more term each, some longer than that.

Koch is on borrowed time. The trouble is - we are the suckers that he persists in borrowing it from.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A 5 minute conversation with your average Crows member dispels this nicely. They'll probably get even worse.

Club has fixed up the photo a few hours after the stuff up.

View attachment 1546665
Jeremy Finlayson being pushed in to a position that didn't suit him at all was the biggest negative of the 2022 season and probably the worst strategic decision since that season we spent the entire year kicking it to the pocket to try to force an inside 50 stoppage.

I think I'll almost entirely judge Carr's potential as senior coach on whether that debacle continues under his watch or if he rectifies it.

A 5 minute conversation with your average Crows member dispels this nicely. They'll probably get even worse.
Yep, hand it over to their members. They literally voted in Graham Goodings. Cosi would be a shoe in for president.

Sorry guys but if I won Powerball I wouldn't be giving the club $8 million. Members having control of the club would be nice but it won't change the fact that we're playing in a corrupt competition designed to ensure non Victorian teams don't win.

I'll invite you all onto my yacht though and we can sip martinis and reminisce about Gavin Wanganeen snags in the '04 GF.

We will remain a boring, but stable club yes, and that’s shite!

But the idea that the Crows will become a well run club once the ex SANFL and the Adelaide Club Mafia lot get full control is laughable!! 😂

Challenging to chase greatness.

So now not only are we not sure if we can catch greatness, we are not even sure if we can chase it.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Contemplating the challenge of chasing, to hopefully catch, and possibly even create, our own concept of greatness.

By Geez we're good!
And maybe even great - some day?

Proposing dates for appointments to discuss the potential of considering chasing something akin to 'greatness'.

As if we don't already have people connected to the club that could wipe the debt with the wave of a pen.

There's no incentive it won't give us complete control.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back