Roast Club Propaganda & Media Censoring

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been saying it for a while, you need the leaders to set an example.

When Ken talked about premierships last year which was the first time he's ever talked about it, we legitimately played like a side that could have won a premiership.

When Ken talked about it's not important to beat top 4 sides this year, we basically never beat top 4 sides this year.

I’m reminded of KT’s mailer specifically sent out to lapsed members a few years ago:

3B08AB17-8F41-4500-BA95-6178484CF9E7.jpeg

Made us sound like we are North Melbourne or West Adelaide, or something. A shonky narrative of the Port tradition being that of proud pauper underdogs winning above our station provided everything falls into place — which is either wanton gaslighting, or a cosmic misunderstanding of how some of our most famous flags (yes, against the odds) were won.

We also have well-documented soundbytes like,

• “Little old battler club”
• “when he arrived”
• “Nobody was complaining when we won 5 in-a-row”
• “remember 2012?”
• “Ken was a superhero at 11-4”
• “I’m not comfortable with the favourites tag”
• “we’ve got a long way to go to be like Richmond”
• “REMEMBER 2012?!”
• “judge me at the end of the season” (no, not like that!)
• “I [Ken] was a genius two weeks ago when we beat Geelong”
• “it was another successful year in terms of win-loss”

Is it any wonder the club constantly mindf**ks itself into failure? When we’re not portraying ourselves as plucky peasants facing insurmountable odds and constantly harking back to acute events of a decade ago, we’re mainlining bathwater by the oceanful with the job far from done, or downgrading expectations in hindsight of yet another golden opportunity lost.

How do we fix this? I haven’t got the foggiest idea. But f#ck me, having people who understand exactly what the Port Adelaide Football Club is and what it stands for would be a great start.

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Rooch at it again.

Hopefully he’s going rogue at this point, because if this is 100% a direction/belief from on-high, well, buckle up.
Of course it’s from on-high. Whether there’s belief in it is a different matter. They’ve obviously decided Ken’s ego and the happy clapper masses are best placated by playing the ‘Remember Hardwick!!!’ Card yet again. Conveniently leaving out again all the clubs mentioned had real reviews or major changes prior to success. It’s great when the club doubles down on thinking the supporters are idiots.

Sep 26, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I’m reminded of KT’s mailer specifically sent out to lapsed members a few years ago:

View attachment 1247446

Made us sound like we are North Melbourne or West Adelaide, or something. A shonky narrative of the Port tradition being that of proud pauper underdogs winning above our station provided everything falls into place — which is either wanton gaslighting, or a cosmic misunderstanding of how some of our most famous flags (yes, against the odds) were won.

• “when he arrived”
• “remember 2012?”
• “REMEMBER 2012?!”

Is it any wonder the club constantly mindf**ks itself into failure? When we’re not portraying ourselves as plucky peasants facing insurmountable odds and constantly harking back to acute events of a decade ago, we’re mainlining bathwater by the oceanful with the job far from done, or downgrading expectations in hindsight of yet another golden opportunity lost.

How do we fix this? I haven’t got the foggiest idea. But f#ck me, having people who understand exactly what the Port Adelaide Football Club is and what it stands for would be a great start.
I have said for a while now, that the PAFC are their own worst enemy, on and off field.

Sep 26, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

View attachment 1247446

• “when he arrived”
• “remember 2012?”
• “REMEMBER 2012?!”

I love this paragraph.

Screenshot (43).png

That would be the white noise.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
Rooch at it again.

Hopefully he’s going rogue at this point, because if this is 100% a direction/belief from on-high, well, buckle up.

Legitimately the least Port Adelaide thing i've ever seen come out officially from the club. As bad as "sugar hit", as bad as "little club from Alberton", as bad as anything.

I could accept that this is a just rogue article from a facebook boomer with a paid platform, but it's on the club website, written by a dude getting paid by the club, and the club have said exactly nothing since the prelim that isn't in line with this absolute horseshit.

They flat out do not get it. The response to that prelim loss has been arguably worse than the loss itself, and it was a record breaking loss. The last time a home team lost by more than 71 points in a prelim was more than 30 years in 1989, between two Victorian sides under a different finals system.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

EskimoPAFC

The Comebacks & Family Man
Dec 17, 2017
Success without Premierships
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
To be fair you've got to give them credit for sticking it out with Mark Neeld. A deserving premiership coach.
I mean they did genuinely stick it out with one coach in the past 50 odd years - Neil Daniher who they gave 10 years at the helm. Unlike Ken though, Neil at least got them in to a GF (that they lost to a side that had two guys in it that have since been convicted of drug cheating at other clubs)

GoPorts

Premiership Player
Jun 14, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Rooch at it again.

The article reads like something that would be posted on here as a joke. Rucci must have shown up one day and was asked to write the most amazingly positive piece of fan fiction he could think of without regard for any facts or current public opinion. It's one thing for him to write crape, it's another thing for the club to be so tone deaf to their own failure that they publish it on their media channels

I'm surprised it isn't in comic sans and with words highlighted in coloured text with a picture of a minion in the background.

Ricci’s article is setting it up perfectly for a big fail…. What does he write in 12 months time?

He’ll seamlessly transition to churning out propaganda for the next coach.

“DIABETES SCHMIABETES! HOW NATHAN BASSETT BECAME THE SUGAR HIT THIS CLUB NEEDS”

The writing for this whole thing was most definitely on the wall when Richardson took over instead of someone external with no allegiances.

The board is the biggest cancer we have, headed up by David Slosh. If not for them, we don't see a hinkley extension, richardson appointed etc.

Melbourne ‘stayed the course’, just like Geelong and Richmond did!

View attachment 1247503

captain, I see an iceberg straight ahead, stay the course son, I mapped out our plan and there’s no impediments along this journey. The chief navigator back home ratified my map. So we’ll be right no changes needed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back