Event Club Q&A - 22nd July

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't actually know if this really deserves its own thread, I guess if there's not much to take from it we can just merge it into AFL Discussion or something.

Anyway there's a Q&A on tonight at 7pm AEST that the club has organised. Jimmy Webster & Leo Connolly will be the players in attendance.

Here's the link - if it doesn't work let me know

Will try and post throughout if there's anything of note. Again not sure if it warrants its own thread but lets see, hopefully it's not a puff piece.

Not much in it really, just discussed how the week has been, Sinclair's new deal and how they've found the year (Leo especially - making his debut, playing regular senior footy, etc).

Haven't really heard much from Leo so was pretty impressed with him, doesn't look nervous in front of a camera and looks pretty sure of himself when asked about his role and mentors at the club. Looks like he has the tools to be a player for us in the future.

Nothing groundbreaking, but nice to hear from two players we dont usually see.

Webster speaks very well and Connolly comes across as a very impressive kid. You wouldn't know he has only played a few games from the way he speaks.

About the only thing for me was Jimmys comments re Noosa & WA, where more freedoms in Noosa they could go places and do things which perhaps show the, lackadaisical notion of NSW lockdowns when compared to the WA comments of we have the resort, and the resort, plus the resort, which was kind of night and day between y1 and y2 of Covid.

About the only thing for me was Jimmys comments re Noosa & WA, where more freedoms in Noosa they could go places and do things which perhaps show the, lackadaisical notion of NSW lockdowns when compared to the WA comments of we have the resort, and the resort, plus the resort, which was kind of night and day between y1 and y2 of Covid.
Compared to every other club, our hub experience seemed like it was much more relaxed and our players could do a lot more than those hubbing on the Gold Coast. Maybe that's why this one seems a lot stricter for them?

Plus we didnt have to do the hard Perth quarantine which was a lot stricter than what we are doing now. No chance McGowan would have left this game continue last with if the Marshall situation had occurred.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back