Toast Club Record Tackles

Remove this Banner Ad

Heard BT say that the boys were ordered to bring their mouth guards to training - and that they would be used.

I think we should be giving Scott, the coaching staff and the players for breaking the club record of tackles with 134 compared to the woeful 40 last week.

Last edited:
It's kind of a toast. But in a way it's kinda bad that we can tackle to such a level yet have chosen not to do it.
I know you can't be as full on as we were this week all the time but these are professional players getting paid a lot of money. Not great we can put in some of the efforts that we do sometimes.

Heard BT say that the boys were ordered to bring their mouth guards to training - and that they would be used.

I think we should be giving Scott, the coaching staff and the players for breaking the club record of tackles with 133 compared to the woeful 40 last week.

It's the third highest tackle count of all time, and funnily enough Geelong's last highest tackle count was set against the Dogs as well. Still, it's not too significant a stat. The modern game has a lot more tackling than ever before, as indicated by the fact that most of the highest tackles records were set in the last few years.

It's the third highest tackle count of all time, and funnily enough Geelong's last highest tackle count was set against the Dogs as well. Still, it's not too significant a stat. The modern game has a lot more tackling than ever before, as indicated by the fact that most of the highest tackles records were set in the last few years.

You must be so disappointed...
I've read 2 posts of yours and both being typical sooky.
Toughen up, stay strong, Cats won't win every week.

Of cause club records aren't big deals to you. They are positive, not your cup of tea.

And by the way, the 3 games ahead where all wet weather slogs and one of them a while ago, so get your facts right, it isn't due to the modern game.

Scott showed tonight that he has a game plan that is capable of bringing the ultimate pressure and heat and smashed bevo.

Well done cats and scott.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's kind of a toast. But in a way it's kinda bad that we can tackle to such a level yet have chosen not to do it.
I know you can't be as full on as we were this week all the time but these are professional players getting paid a lot of money. Not great we can put in some of the efforts that we do sometimes.
Joel was interviewed by Fox Footy and said the team was just off last week

Mitch Duncan with 18 tackles which is a career high and one tackle off the AFL record of 19, it's also a Geelong record beating the previous club best of 16 jointly held by Kelly & Bartel. That number is also more impressive when you consider that in his first 8 games of this season he had a total of 32 tackles or an average of 4 per game.

Also credit to Scooter whose 17 tackles is a career high for him and would have been a club record if Duncan hadn't gone crazy with the pressure himself.

Have you been drinking?

Apart from literally saying it though where did he say it???

Saying something is "not too significant (in the context of modern football)" is not the same as saying it is "insignificant".

I know that deriving intended meaning from words on the internet is hard, but it helps not to allow an agenda to sway your interpretation of what people are saying. There's a very clear semantic difference between what I was saying and flat-out saying it didn't matter. As tends to be the case, certain posters like to read bits of my posts or intentionally misinterpret them, either because they can't or are unwilling to engage with the point I am making, blinded by pre-conceived notions and biases about me.

Saying something is "not too significant (in the context of modern football)" is not the same as saying it is "insignificant".

I know that deriving intended meaning from words on the internet is hard, but it helps not to allow an agenda to sway your interpretation of what people are saying. There's a very clear semantic difference between what I was saying and flat-out saying it didn't matter. As tends to be the case, certain posters like to read bits of my posts or intentionally misinterpret them, either because they can't or are unwilling to engage with the point I am making, blinded by pre-conceived notions and biases about me.

A couple of years ago I did a communication course as part of my job and one of the first things they taught us was "Take 100% responsibility for being understood".

So if you are claiming that your words are being misinterpreted or twisted, then as per communication teachings, the responsibility for that falls back on you, especially if you are being deliberately vague and inciting the opportunity for people to question your words.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back