Club Songs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apart from the (not so) mighty dees, i think that the roos and tigers are the best.
They worst are the eagles, dockers and giants.

1. Fitzroy. Unquestionably. Brisbane's just isn't the same.

Hawthorn's, Sydney's (Apart from the obviously foreign "SWANS WILL,") and Geelong's are all quality. Carlton and St. Kilda's songs are kind of iconic but not as good as the others. I don't like Richmond's as much as everyone else seems to, but it's good. Can't stand Collingwood's (Feels really simplistic) or Essendon's (Preemiership.) I like the Bulldogs' one, but the original Footscray version is much better. Adelaide's makes me cringe every time. The recording is terrible. The singer sounds horrible and the instrumental verse is out of key. The original version they used was much better, what happened to it?

As far as the original ones, I'm a big fan of GWS's song. Fits right in with the old VFL ones, and it's got character and originality. Port's is alright, it's really just not a very good recording of the song, it'd benefit from a remake with the same lyrics. I like Freo's more than most. Can't stand West Coast's at all, stupid that it's got a cheering sound effect in the background. Gold Coast's just sounds silly. I don't mind the lyrics, but surely they could've recorded it with real instruments, sounds like something a 12 year old threw together in garageband.

Naturally, I love North's, the Hearts to Hearts version and the recording. The Kangaroos version was woeful though, cringed very, very hard when the Metricon staff accidentally played it after our win up there last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back