Club Theme Song “Freshen Up”

Remove this Banner Ad

“Like many of our fans, we consider our song to be a sacred part of our Club and it evokes such passion, especially on match days,” Fagan said.

"We didn’t ask for it to be re-recorded and would embark on a thorough review involving our loyal supporter base if we were to ever consider a change”.

“Like many of our fans, we consider our song to be a sacred part of our Club and it evokes such passion, especially on match days,” Fagan said.

"We didn’t ask for it to be re-recorded and would embark on a thorough review involving our loyal supporter base if we were to ever consider a change”.
Great quote and leadership.

If I was giving feedback it'd just be revert "known as" to mighty and I don't know the musical terms but I think the music and singing could use more oomph. Perhaps a bigger band adding some force behind it and a bit of bass. A big military band perhaps.

Unlike the old days where it was changed from "mighty" to "known as" for no reason.

It would be nice if they played the same song we were singing though.
It's exactly how we got into this mess.

Some vic clubs actually requested the re-record with some minor lyric changes.

Songs get re-recorded and ballsed up.

Fans not happy.

Moral of the story, leave it alone.

I can tell you when im at the ground and I hear the song and see the team run out I get goosebumps, a tear springs to my eye and im filled with pride every single time.

It is honestly lame and people have asked me why I always look so emotional but i cant really explain it other than I've invested a hellava lot of my life into the club. Its why wins feel so good and losses hurt so bad.... particularly the last one.

It's exactly how we got into this mess.

Some vic clubs actually requested the re-record with some minor lyric changes.

Songs get re-recorded and ballsed up.

Fans not happy.

Moral of the story, leave it alone.
Re-recorded by people with no care about it at all.

They didn't leave it alone by changing mighty, Just because we've had the worse version for a while is no reason to keep it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re-recorded by people with no care about it at all.

They didn't leave it alone by changing mighty, Just because we've had the worse version for a while is no reason to keep it.
You're not just updating a track, you're fighting the 20 plus years attached to it. Longer for other clubs.

I realise not all supporters give a s**t but alot do. Some of the vic clubs songs sounded very simiar to the original yet there was still a massive backlash.

Unless the song is terrible like the Perth teams, it's almost an impossible task to change it without pissing off half the members.

I can tell you when im at the ground and I hear the song and see the team run out I get goosebumps, a tear springs to my eye and im filled with pride every single time.

It is honestly lame and people have asked me why I always look so emotional but i cant really explain it other than I've invested a hellava lot of my life into the club. Its why wins feel so good and losses hurt so bad.... particularly the last one.
I'm never that emotional over a preseason game.:p;)

You're not just updating a track, you're fighting the 20 plus years attached to it. Longer for other clubs.

I realise not all supporters give a s**t but alot do. Some of the vic clubs songs sounded very simiar to the original yet there was still a massive backlash.

Unless the song is terrible like the Perth teams, it's almost an impossible task to change it without pissing off half the members.
Changing our current logo will piss off some people who love it too.

"known as" isn't the song that 99% of the fans sing, it seems strange to persist with a recorded version that doesn't reflect the lyrics people actually sing.

A better quality recording to take advantage of the better sound system we have at AO would be another good reason. With the right track it could be quite intimidating.

It needs to be done by the club though, with input from the fans.

Changing our current logo will piss off some people who love it too.

"known as" isn't the song that 99% of the fans sing, it seems strange to persist with a recorded version that doesn't reflect the lyrics people actually sing.

A better quality recording to take advantage of the better sound system we have at AO would be another good reason. With the right track it could be quite intimidating.

It needs to be done by the club though, with input from the fans.
Thats a minority view amongst supporters though, so unlikely to happen.

Thats a minority view amongst supporters though, so unlikely to happen.
I think the reaction from supporters also depends on what's proposed and how it's sold. For example, I don't think there would be much opposition to simply changing "known as" to "mighty". Supporters might also be more open to a change in the music if it was only to improve the sound quality and the club already had a new version ready to be heard alongside the old version for comparison. I reckon the two main failings of this experiment were the quality of the new song (horrible) and how it came about (through the AFL).

Fagan kicking goals here. “We didn’t ask for it to be re-recorded” is particularly pointed. Get stuffed AFL, I love it.

You tell em Andrew. AFL House can GAGF.

******* brilliant stuff, Fagan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back