News Club to launch external review of football department!

Remove this Banner Ad

A delicate issue but one that will be looked at is this dual captaincy nonsense. We need a single leader IMO. The problem being how do you amicably split up the captaincy should this arise?

I agree, but I’m not sure why it should be difficult, id like the team to be led by the player/players the group wants.

Teague tells Cripps and Doch, we are having a vote

Beat the Dogs comfortably too and if not for a kick after the siren, Port.

But extremely inconsistent

The Gibbs act has been overplayed, will be forgotten in about 12 months

Think I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that we may have slightly regressed to the Lions of 2018, with beating teams below us and being competitive with sides above us
The Gibbs act is symbolic of everything wrong with Carlton. Would it have mattered if Clarkson let Fev kick 100? Does it matter that Simmo and Murph chaired off Gibbs? Join the dots as to what it takes mentally to win a premiership.

The most popular person may not have the requisite skills, discipline or game sense.

Who would vote for the most popular person? Surely people would vote for who they think will be the best leader.

Ive had a few captains during cricket, where I certainly wouldn’t have called them popular socially, but were good leaders and that’s what they were admired for.

If I was choosing a captain, I wouldn’t have Doch in my top 3, i Just don’t want the club to be too scared to make a change if it’s required.

Fair enough.

The dogs are interesting, as we belted them under Bolton as well. We clearly match up well against them...

Obviously aware of this years loss, but first half was playing out same as previous years

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

What should have been. % booster there for a while. A couple of sitters missed, then gave it all up & wilted away.

The review needs to grasp why so but it’ll also point to our sh!thouse skills.

Who would vote for the most popular person? Surely people would vote for who they think will be the best leader.

Ive had a few captains during cricket, where I certainly wouldn’t have called them popular socially, but were good leaders and that’s what they were admired for.

If I was choosing a captain, I wouldn’t have Doch in my top 3, i Just don’t want the club to be too scared to make a change if it’s required.
Don't know who would or who wouldn't.

Wasn't Simmo considered for captain but lost the vote to Murph? I think Simmo would have been much more demanding as captain, but not as well liked. More popular/nice guy Murph gets the gig and our standards go to s**t ( for various reasons).

Be prepared for neither of them and a new captain announced start of next year
If this is to be the case...
I'd like to see a past successful Captain (from any club of this era (preferably Hodge) to mentor our new Captain...

Murphy mentored both Cripps and Docherty and look how they have turned out, soft leaders just like Murphy...

Last edited:
If this is to be the case...
I'd like to see a past successful Captain (from any club of this era (preferably Hodge) to mentor our new Captain...

Murphy mentored both Cripps and Docherty and look how they have turned out, soft just like Murphy...
the dumbest thing I've read here in quite a while..........

Obviously you didn't proof read your Jeanne Pratt post then :tongueoutv1:

I'm talking about leadership not playing...
So Cripps and Docherty are strong uncompromising leaders. Are they?
you seriously need to go to sleep and think about why you are trashing our club captains............

you seriously need to go to sleep and think about why you are trashing our club captains............
Not trashing anyone, love Cripps and Docherty as players...
The discussion was we could have a new captain next year...

We have poor on-field leadership, to date Cripps and Docherty, have had no on-field presence just like their mentor...
It's a major part of why, we are 4 & 8 and haven't legitimately made finals since 2011........

As individual players the three of them are good players... As strong, uncompromising, hard nosed leaders, they are not!!!

I agree, but I’m not sure why it should be difficult, id like the team to be led by the player/players the group wants.

I vote Stocker

Forget who the Group Wants, No more introverted Choir boys. I nominate the below. #bringbackthebiff@carlton

1623514169564.png

The Gibbs act is symbolic of everything wrong with Carlton. Would it have mattered if Clarkson let Fev kick 100? Does it matter that Simmo and Murph chaired off Gibbs? Join the dots as to what it takes mentally to win a premiership.

Both are acts that mean nothing in the future

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow...
No flies on this review...
  • Incoming President Sayers calls for a full review of the football department :whitecheck:
  • Outgoing President LoGiudice sticks his nose in, commenting on the review and the coach :greencross:
  • Reviewers are announced Walsh, Lowes, Pavlich :whitecheck:
  • Liddle helps lead review after backing Teague publicly and with his mates in positions that are being reviewed :greencross:
  • Not sure of the validity, but SEN Article reporting that LoGiudice said that Teague's job is not being reviewed :greencross:
  • Recommendations reviewed by current Carlton Board :greencross:
This review is something that the club needs desperately, there needs to be change for us to progress.
LoGiudice and the outgoing board should just stand down now and leave, they can't keep their ******* meddling fingers out off it..
What outgoing board are you talking about? As per the terms of the constitution the Presidency changes hands. This is a review commissioned by the board collectively, not by Sayers personally. There is no 'meddling. MLG is still President, the only way for Sayers to be involved with making announcements etc is with MLGs agreement and approval.

Both of your statements regarding MLG are factually incorrect. You do realise that as long as he is on the board MLG holds a responsibility for decisions impacting upon the board as all board members do, therefore nobody is 'sticking their nose in.

Who did you think would be deciding upon whether all or some of any recommendations coming out of any review? Of course its the board that is responsible for making those decisions.

Carlton Football Club is a business, it doesn't owe any individuals anything...
(This thinking is why Marc Murphy is getting carried to 300 games)

We give opportunity and employee individuals on fantastic money to do a job..
Instead of working their asses off to find the problems and fixing them, the whole football department seems to of coasted..
The board has ultimately allowed this because they have taken their eye off the on-field, whilst working hard to fix the off-field...

Teague talks the talk but has never walked the walk, in relation to changing anything about selection or game style..
Teague has had enough time with the group to see improvement, but all we see is a few improve but the majority have either stagnated or regressed.
It's all well and good to bag assistants over this, but they can only ever be as good as their leader..

To waste another year of this group just to not sack another coach is simply idiotic..

That is why I really want this review to be legit and to keep the old Carlton peoples fingers out of it (LoGuidice, Mathieson & Pratt)

If the review warrants any terminations, they should move on them without hesitation..
If the review warrants praising anyone they should be highlighted and praised so we can 100% back them
So you think this panel which is conducting a review should be invested with the power to dictate to a board elected by and representing the members? I'm sorry, thats just insanity. You may want to hand our club off to random non Carlton people, I doubt that you will find many others willing to.

It's going to be interesting to see the outcome of this. Say the review recommends we replace people, who recommends the replacements? The reviewers or we just go find someone?

The club is responsible for the implementation of any recommendations it decides to enact.

No voting. Not a popularity contest.

100% this, The Captain doesn't need to be the most popular player nor the best player in a team, the Captain needs to be the best leader. I hope they end the dual captaincy nonsense as well. For where we are at we need one strong clear voice leading in one direction.

Wasn't Simmo considered for captain but lost the vote to Murph? I think Simmo would have been much more demanding as captain, but not as well liked. More popular/nice guy Murph gets the gig and our standards go to sh*t ( for various reasons).
I seem to recall that Murphy was initially appointed by the coach/coaches and that the system of players voting on options presented to them by the coaches was introduced in his second year. I'm not 100% sure but I think that's how it happened.

Whatever the case the fact that it may have come down to a choice between the two shows how bereft we have been of strong onfield leadership types at the club for years now.

This doesn't mean that we shouldn't recognise the efforts that our few more recent captains have made, they have taken on the task that they have been asked to and done their best. I appreciate their efforts during very difficult times.

Last edited:

Wasn't Simmo considered for captain but lost the vote to Murph? I think Simmo would have been much more demanding as captain, but not as well liked. More popular/nice guy Murph gets the gig and our standards go to sh*t ( for various reasons).

My recollection is that the players voted for Carazzo, and the coaches and execs wanted Murphy

Is it just me,
Or are we all a little edgy lately?

Norman-leon-35112845-245-200.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back