Sntny21

Draftee
Aug 3, 2018
West Yorkshire
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Leeds United
Ive recently started watching AFL from the UK due to playing the sport in school. I was wondering which team I should be following as I don’t want to just pick a random team. I have family living in Noble Park and I don’t know which AFL team is the closest to where they live? If anyone could help me out as I obviously don’t have an understanding of Melbourne neighbourhoods etc. Cheers

Ive recently started watching AFL from the UK due to playing the sport in school. I was wondering which team I should be following as I don’t want to just pick a random team. I have family living in Noble Park and I don’t know which AFL team is the closest to where they live? If anyone could help me out as I obviously don’t have an understanding of Melbourne neighbourhoods etc. Cheers
Welcome to BigFooty and the AFL mate.
Right now you have an important task of picking your team. With family living in Noble Park that is probably closest to Hawthorn or St Kilda, but I’d guess it’s in St Kildas catchment zone as it’s close to St Kilda’s old home ground in Moorabbin, but Noble Park is only a couple suburbs away from Hawthorns training base.
Otherwise you could pick a team that’s currently good or a team with colours you like. Alternatively you could even draw a team out of a hat. I just drew a team out of my container with every team in it a few seconds ago and got Port Adelaide. Probably stray away from Port as being a Port fan isn’t great for your health. I wouldn’t pick St Kilda personally with their 1 premiership and 34 last place finishes.
Good luck with who you choose :thumbsu:

red+black

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
If you were a young kid, you either follow the same team as your father or someone else in your family.

Or you follow the team that is winning right now.

I follow Essendon cos I lived in the north-west and those that followed footy in my family (mother, uncle, grandmother) supported Essendon.

With English football, I follow Liverpool cos they were the best team when I was 7-10 years old.

Sntny21

Draftee
Aug 3, 2018
West Yorkshire
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Leeds United
If you were a young kid, you either follow the same team as your father or someone else in your family.

Or you follow the team that is winning right now.

I follow Essendon cos I lived in the north-west and those that followed footy in my family (mother, uncle, grandmother) supported Essendon.

With English football, I follow Liverpool cos they were the best team when I was 7-10 years old.
my family migrated over to Australia in the 1970's and Im not too sure who they support in the AFL. My parents dont support a club so I dont have a particular reason to support a certain club other than location. I'd like to follow the team closest to Noble Park if possible but I dont have a clue who that is because Im from the UK. I follow Leeds United as they are my families team and local to me.

red+black

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back