Competition Clubs Encounters Of The Third Kits - Week 17 - West Coast Eagles

clubs-enounters-3rd-kits-coty-png.612090

Adopting the traditions of European football, the AFL has amended their kits policy and has enforced a 3rd kit for all clubs!
By 3rd kit, they don't mean a Clash, Indigenous, Heritage, Commemorative or any other cash grab.
Not just any colours will be used! Each clubs 3rd kit will feature their accent or other colours used within the club!

Competitions will run for a week and the poll will run for 3 days
Clubs-enounters-Weekly-Title-17.png

Reason: Navy being the previously dominant colour, that orangey looking thing is self-explanatory and grey from merch
RULES (Updated 15/4/19)
  1. Entries must include 1 jumper front and back
    1. Shorts and Socks are optional but encouraged for a full kit effect
  2. At least 1 of the clubs chosen alternate colours must be used. Even minimally!
    1. You don't have to use one of the colours as a base
    2. If you do, be mindful of Rule 3
  3. Your entry mustn't clash with the 2018 Home, Away or Clash kits of the club you're designing for
  4. You cannot copy any past designs from the club
    1. Taking elements are allowed
  5. You cannot replicate the style of another users artwork/design
    1. The user who feels that their style has been copied has the right to protest the entry and have it removed or reworked
  6. Maximum 2 Entries
  7. Any other questions, please ask

Past Results

CEOTTK-Honour-Roll-16.png

Last edited:
should I just re-enter this bad boy?

190082_700f8522d92f7720e3ccd9bd933644dd.png

(ofc not, I'll whip up something fresh tomorrow or on the weekend)

... this might break Rule #3...
I'm afraid it does, the idea behind this rule was to make a Home, Clash and 3rd all look different ala European football kits

...a very blood orange colour
Well, if you really want the HJ's red, you must chuck in one of the chosen colours somewhere even if it's very minimal (eg. a pinstripe on the cuffs or stroke) or have the red lean slightly more towards ochre ala the Demons 2011 clash where their red looked pink

I'm afraid it does, the idea behind this rule was to make a Home, Clash and 3rd all look different ala European football kits

Well, if you really want the HJ's red, you must chuck in one of the chosen colours somewhere even if it's very minimal (eg. a pinstripe on the cuffs or stroke) or have the red lean slightly more towards ochre ala the Demons 2011 clash where their red looked pink
Updated previous post

DiamondGuy

Le goûter qui »BANG«
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Norwich, St Kilda
It's landed, baby.

I think it's awesome, can I throw in some constructive criticism? I like the navy, I like the gradient, I like the feathers (slits) on the wings, and I really like the use of that "electric" blue colour... I'd suggest maximising it's use, i.e. not as a drop shadow but as an outline (the way the white used to be used as a divider colour between the yellow and blue areas). Blue and orange are complimentary colours and increasing the use of that lighter blue really makes the ochre "pop"...

EagleLandedG.png

Who actually designed the original Ochre?

External marketing team, I believe. Can't remember exactly who but they took it out to Wembley Primary School in Perth and the kids said the overall rebrand (logo, tripanel and ochre) looked cooler than the wings which was enough for West Coast to be like "yeah, alright, time to be hip with the kids".

External marketing team, I believe. Can't remember exactly who but they took it out to Wembley Primary School in Perth and the kids said the overall rebrand (logo, tripanel and ochre) looked cooler than the wings which was enough for West Coast to be like "yeah, alright, time to be hip with the kids".
Reminds me of the whole Port Planet Teal rebrand. The kids like it, so let's roll with it!

jmac91

Perth Bandits Head Coach
Dec 27, 2017
Subiaco Oval
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Bandits
WCEANZACJumper@0,33x.png

A Bit Different for what everyone else has been going for. I really like what they did for their farewell Subi Jumper so I thought that I could do the same but as an ANZAC Jumper.

Last edited:
Back