Toast Cluzza re-signs with Port

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hellgood

Cancelled
May 21, 2006
WA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Has been a good apprenticeship for him. Hopefully he can find his niche in the seniors - O'Shea being off the pace a bit so far this year has opened up a spot for him even when Trengove returns if he can impress in the next few weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RussellEbertHandball

Flick pass expert
Nov 16, 2004
SE Oz
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
The Mighty Blacks
Geez Controversial Capel can write some crap.

“I’m happy in Adelaide and I want to give back to the club that drafted me and has been loyal to me,’’ said the Victorian 21-year-old Clurey in a rare show of loyalty in modern football.

What horse shit. It might happen at West Lakes that loyalty is a rare thing, but at Port its common place.

PJ Power

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 13, 2003
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
17 an underrated number at Port Adelaide.

17 - Tom Clurey, Robbie Gray, Stuart Dew, Peter Woite, Geof Motley, Martin Leslie, Paul Rizonico, Nigel Fiegert, Kym Curtis
Great number - first one I ever wore. I was 8 yo and wanted #21 (Craig Bradley), but got given #17. My dad quickly told me how good Martin Leslie was (I think he had just missed a chunk of footy with an injury). I loved watching Leslie play from that point forward.

TheFVK

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 21, 2008
Amsterdam
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Stoke City
Very happy with this. This isn't like a Broady, Polec or Hombsch foregone conclusion signing. This is a young player out of contract who would've had genuine reason to seek opportunities elsewhere. Great show of faith in the club.
Spot on. This was one guy I was a little worried about, and that other clubs were sniffing around if you believe the rumours. Fantastic news for our long term future.

Top Bottom