Toast Cluzza re-signs with Port

scottjr

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 8, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Up next Mitch Harvey pls.
Is Mitch up for contract this year or was he given 3 years when we listed him?

Think we have done that in the past with players we know are going to need a couple of years to develop.

It Just Is

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2012
On cloud 9
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Can suck it!
He's an unusual player is Cluzza. When I've seen him at SANFL level (infrequently I'll admit) I'm always left thinking that he's a slow, bad decision maker, who lacks aggression and doesn't quite suit any role. But his two games at AFL level have left the exact opposite impression. Infact, he really couldn't have slotted in any easier on the weekend.

Dalfino

#BringBackTheBars
May 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Congrats Tommy, I hope that signing on will help boost your confidence and allow you to have an absolute blinder tonight! Show us what the future of our defense looks like :)

Hong-Kong Phooey

Cancelled
Sep 22, 2011
i have no idea
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man United
why isnt this on the pafc web page yet? is it confirmed?

bt if true, this is great news. next to get shaw to put ink to paper then we are pretty much done for the year for signings (apart from schulz who i cant see going anywhere)

Last edited:

x_les_x

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Up next Mitch Harvey pls.

He's not going anywhere.

Schulz, Westy, Ryder all aging he's opportunity is coming just has to be patient listen to the coaches and build his tank he loves the club and who knows what he's going to be. Bit like hartlett he's not going anywhere

Julia#13

Team Captain
Aug 24, 2011
District 12
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The love for clurey just got bigger. Has a lot of potential and Could have easily jumped ship to get regular games but has instead stuck with us and backed himself to force a way in. Not sure what role he'll eventually settle in but happy for him to stick around and find out

Sep 8, 2014
Look behind you!
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Detroit Red Wings, Oakland Raiders
Really liked Clurey's game today, first quarter and a bit was a bit nervy but he was great from then on. Had a very Hombsch-esque second half with his contested intercept marking.

Aug 22, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
He's been better than Jonas & not just by a little margin, his kicking/decision making is much better than both JT/TJ's, as much as I like him if Tom wasn't in the leadership group he'd be lucky to keep his spot as he's the player that's regressed the most on our list this year.

Assuming Clurey keeps this form up when Jacko is fit to return i'd be keeping him in ahead of Jonas because he's a better kick & looks capable of beating his man something TJ hasn't really done this year, Jacko will be straight back in because we need someone to match up the resting ruck & the 197cm+ forwards.

Very good news, especially for those of us who've seen him with the Maggies and thought that with him not getting AFL games he was a certain loss to another team at the end of the year. I remain puzzled why he isn't being tried forward with the Maggies (and eventually with the Power). His contested marking ability would have to pay off in some fashion up forward.

Adz2332

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 9, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Late on this thread but must say was surprised when he had.... Could have seen him being on of those players who would be an almost walk up starter to half the sides in the afl and would still be around 4 years away from finding a spot.
But great to see some loyalty!

Back