C'monnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

I dunno he has the wood on Rod D1ck will be waiting in anticipation for that, should be another ripper.

Great game of tennis well the last set anyway. Well done to Hewitt a great fighting victory. But what ********ed me off was the commentators when Hewitt was winning hardly anything was said about the injury but when he started to loose oh his injury must be really hurting him again. Its like if he is loosing there must be something wrong. And what about giving credit to the other guy Nalbandian he lost but a good comeback from 2 sets down just wasnt good enough in the end.

Two five setters that he should have won far more easily than he did. It's almost like he prefers a dogfight to winning in straight sets. His Aussie Open is over though.

red+black said:
Two five setters that he should have won far more easily than he did. It's almost like he prefers a dogfight to winning in straight sets.
Time for Lleyton to see a shrink I think. He relies to much on being the underdog or being the victim to win. Obviously watched too many Rocky movies as a kid.

Slim chance of beating Roddick. Can't beat Federer but chance against Safin as on any given day the bad Safin can turn up.

His has a 4-1 record against Roddick, the only thing that will stop him is the time spent on the court compared to Roddick.

He will give his all and good on him too, stick that up ya all you Hewitt knockers since the first round, must be really annoying you that the guy is still in the comp!!!

look out Roddick, your about to spend more than just an hour and a half on a court come friday!

COME ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Punt_Road_Roar said:
His has a 4-1 record against Roddick, the only thing that will stop him is the time spent on the court compared to Roddick.

He will give his all and good on him too, stick that up ya all you Hewitt knockers since the first round, must be really annoying you that the guy is still in the comp!!!

look out Roddick, your about to spend more than just an hour and a half on a court come friday!

COME ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am not buying into head to heads..its the present form that matters the most. Last year Federer had a 0-4 record against Nalbandian when he faced him the australian open! completely thrashed Nalbandian.Hewitt has to improve on his current game and cut down on his unforced errors.He played a perfect game againt Roddick in houston and thrashed him.I cant see Lleyton playing that way though.Roddick in 3 :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bunsen burner said:
Time for Lleyton to see a shrink I think. He relies to much on being the underdog or being the victim to win. Obviously watched too many Rocky movies as a kid.

Slim chance of beating Roddick. Can't beat Federer but chance against Safin as on any given day the bad Safin can turn up.

Strange comment to me, as a keen observer of the game its his sheer lack of all the shots in the book and big game that sees him need everything within his arsenal to get across the line. One of those athletes who loves the challenge and gives absolutely everything he has.

understudy said:
Strange comment to me, as a keen observer of the game its his sheer lack of all the shots in the book and big game that sees him need everything within his arsenal to get across the line.
You weren't observing very well. Although Nalbandian lifted in the 3rd, hewitt made too many unforced errors at crucial stages. Lost his bottle. Should have kept the pressure on and wrapped it up. Once again needed to be sparked into action by being behind.

I get the feeling whilst most off us were eating coco pops for brekky as kids little Lleyton was munching down bowls of Rocky vhs tapes.

bunsen burner said:
You weren't observing very well. Although Nalbandian lifted in the 3rd, hewitt made too many unforced errors at crucial stages. Lost his bottle. Should have kept the pressure on and wrapped it up. Once again needed to be sparked into action by being behind.

I get the feeling whilst most off us were eating coco pops for brekky as kids little Lleyton was munching down bowls of Rocky vhs tapes.

More a case of being a bit flat after all the tough matches, which he alluded to himself, id suggest. Obviously it was do or die in the fifth and he lifted accordingly, finding that little bit extra.

Credit to Nalbandian also, he is a fine player but didnt have the bottle on the night to finish Llyeton off.

What really impressed me was the Hewitt tenacity.... he was staring down the barrel against Blake, Nadal, Nalbandian & Roddick all at one stage in these matches but my oh my, the kid is HOT... gotta ride the edge of your seat each time as these games makes TENNIS the winner... Hewitt deserves to be Australia's drought breaking Champion as he has proven he can accomplish victory against the odds...a pure Australian quality... playing hurt is just more admiration and remaining calm like he did against Roddick (not many c'mons) was a glaring indication he is ready & focussed to win the prestigious AO. Good Luck with the line calls.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back