News Co-Captains: Walker and Sloane

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2019-01-22/2019-captains-confirmed

"The decision to appoint the 28-year-old duo was made by Senior Coach Don Pyke and the Club’s key management. "

"In coming weeks Adelaide will finalise the remainder of its Senior Leadership Group based on who best epitomises the squad’s values and behaviours."

Pyke said the co-captaincy made sense given the growing demands of the role and the leadership capabilities of both players.

“Taylor and Rory are outstanding young men and athletes who are very passionate about our football club and are committed to playing out their careers at the Crows,” he said.

“They are great mates and their leadership skills and qualities complement each other, and having two hard-working and highly driven people in the role can only be a positive.

“Taylor is a proven leader and highly respected within our Club and across the competition, while Rory has taken his leadership to a new level and will thrive on the added responsibility.”

---

Sounds like the playing group vote is no longer a thing

What I'm most curious about is the change from appointing captains/leadership group through a player vote, to the coach and management making the decision.

Why the change? Did the club not like what the players were deciding?

What I'm most curious about is the change from appointing captains/leadership group through a player vote, to the coach and management making the decision.

Wasn’t Walker hand-picked by Walsh? I think this has precedent

Wasn’t Walker hand-picked by Walsh? I think this has precedent

Yeah he was. Not saying this is a bad decision, but it's an interesting one. Maybe the club felt the leadership vote was a popularity contest?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why the **** not

O Captains! My Captains!

Serious question - do they both get to raise the Premiership Cup?
why the * not :)

The playing group select the Leadership and the coach selects his captain. Walshy was big on this when he first got appointed and it hasnt changed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back