Co-captains

Alright, i wasn't happy with it either. But you people are overreacting

Overreacting? I thought the thread was created to discuss this? I'm not overly worried. eg My post said "I preferred" a single captaincy model.

Overreacting? I thought the thread was created to discuss this? I'm not overly worried. eg My post said "I preferred" a single captaincy model.
I know, but people seem to think we've reverted to a 2 win team and our coach is Neeld again overnight

I know, but people seem to think we've reverted to a 2 win team and our coach is Neeld again overnight

Ahhh well I'm definitely not in that camp. If we are to take the majority of comments about Goody from the playing group it has been extremely positive so I would think that shouldn't be an issue (IMO)

:)

Sprout

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 6, 2010
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
MCFC, The Exers
Sentiment is a completely separate issue to this decision. Pissing off the club's most loyal player, or at best disappointing the club's most loyal player, isn't the work of some wonderfully cool maverick. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't, but its more reminiscent of a Neeld move than anything else. Remember when he turfed Moloney because he didn't like his attitude, and gave up Martin for nothing because he didn't 'meet training standards'. I would have thought Neeld was a lesson that a hard-arsed attitude doesn't work if you don't communicate properly. In this instance, Goodwin did not communicate with Jones before deciding on the move. Its clear as day.
I don't think that's clear as day at all. You can't say that categorically without being part of the inner sanctum.

Don't mistake my post for not having reservations about the decision, or even the manner in which it was executed. I'm merely saying that Goodwin seems to have courage of his convictions which, if we're to place our faith in him, is a good thing at this stage.

It's a decision that shouldn't be make or break. If things go belly up (God help us), it may be looked upon differently.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
The more I think about it, the more I feel like it was a Reactionary thing.

Like "Hey Saint kilda have appointed a new Captain" (some guy we never even considered for thier Captaincy, because we all knew JV was the heir to the throne at Melb. I'm sure everyone in the footy community knew he was)

So you know how melb and Saints are both quite close to each other, on that upward trend.

Doesn't it kinda feel like we are trying to One up them, in a sense?

Not really, no.

This decision is an absolute lemon. Needlessly destabilises things on the eve of what should be a really positive season ahead. To have goody come out and try and meekly sell his decision just made it 1000x worse.

Don't be fooled people. Goody may still be in his honeymoon period, but that captains call was Neeld level bad. PJ must be facepalming as we speak.
Was thingking the same - Neeld-esque call from my notedly uneducated, uninformed position.

Back